Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX450H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the RX450H. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other third generation RX models.

Missing features even RX450h AWD pkgs It has should have?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-24, 05:04 PM
kamie
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Missing features even RX450h AWD pkgs It has should have?

I recently purchased a single pre-owner 2011 RX 450h AWD w/ 76k low mileage, made in Japan. I have the manual and other original brochures but still confused what exactly packages I have? According Lexus my vin# shows that my crossover is equipped from the factory with Comfort and Premium pkgs. However they were not able to clarify why I do not have some important to me features which Premuim pkg should have.

For example, I have 9” screen nav, 19” wheels, 235/50 tires instead of 235/60R18, cargo rails w/ cross rails, heated/cooling front leather seats, weather maps both raws, ASF HID headlights, auto remote rear door, towing pkg also factory preinstalled, etc.

But even loaded with Premium pkg I do not have rear-view mirrors auto adjustment as well as button adjustment on the door panel, LCD headlight addition to the HID, smart key remote activation of the vehicle, adaptive radar cruise control, lane change warning signal and etc? Maybe somebody more informed than I’m can help me with that? Highly appreciated.
Old 09-12-24, 07:22 AM
salimshah

Received 1,098 Likes on 988 Posts

Premium, comfort are package names which bundle features. The bundling of features is based on Lexus marketing research and does not mean vertical layering. So a premium may not have some of the comfort features [example]. Even after bundling there may be additional features. As models change yr to yr, what is included in each bundle changes. On top of that dealer may add additional features.

When you buy a new vehicle it has window sticker with each item listed on it and its additional cost to the base model. Lexus, base models not sold in USA [there is no market for it and no dealer wants these ... hint -> search on allocation].

You can ask Lexus of NA [give them the vin#] to provide you a build sheet.

Please review the owners manual and the build sheet to see what features your vehicle has. Some of the issues you mention can be a malfunction, not-knowing how to use and also as you list the issue not explained well. [Example: auto-adjust --> self dimming/tilting/memory]

Salim

Old 09-12-24, 09:50 AM
kamie
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your answer teaching me what I should expect is not helpful at all. I already mentioned that neither Lexus headquarters in America, nor my local Lexus dealer was able to explain the discrepancies of what I should had based on Premium pkg and why I’m missing certain important for me features as I have described. Replies like yours are not needed. Thanks anyway
Old 09-13-24, 12:25 PM
Lead Lap

Received 790 Likes on 536 Posts

Originally Posted by kamie
Your answer teaching me what I should expect is not helpful at all. I already mentioned that neither Lexus headquarters in America, nor my local Lexus dealer was able to explain the discrepancies of what I should had based on Premium pkg and why I’m missing certain important for me features as I have described. Replies like yours are not needed. Thanks anyway
He was only trying to help.

Last edited by 703; Yesterday at 11:12 PM.
Old Yesterday, 07:41 AM
ckerno
10th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default "Monroney Label" (close enough) I purchased

For only $10, I think it is well worth it to get a copy of the "original" window sticker at https://monroneylabels.com/. I bought a used 2013 RX450h and was very pleased with the Monroney Label (close enough) I purchased. It shows me all the standard equipment and optional packages with the package codes and retail prices. FYI, even this Monroney label does not show that the car has remote start. I figured that out by going to www.lexus.com and entering the VIN to see all the Lexus service records. The very first record at 10 miles had the towing hitch and remote start installed. Apparently, the towing prep package was done at the factory, but the hitch is installed along with the remote start, I think, at the port.

FYI, at first I could not get the remote start to work. The mechanic at my local Lexus dealer was the one who knew how to use it. My 2013 takes 4 presses (not 3) of the lock button, holding on the fourth press, until the lights flash, then let go. Since it is a hybrid, the hybrid system starts almost silently, then a few seconds later I hear the engine start. Another tip, first try it very close to the car to see if it works, then start backing away from the car to test how far you can be and still have it work. Any cases on the key fob will reduce its range.

Last edited by ckerno; Yesterday at 07:54 AM. Reason: Added remote start info
The following 2 users liked this post by ckerno:
mcomer (Yesterday), salimshah (Yesterday)