Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the LS600h L model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the LS600h. Please use the main 4LS forum for discussion about shared components with other fourth generation LS models.

Lexus to stretch flagship sedan; LS 460 also will offer industry's first hybrid V-8

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-05, 09:53 PM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

damn, from this pic it looks really nice!!
Old 04-30-05, 01:25 AM
LB Lex
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chuckb
damn, from this pic it looks really nice!!
I agree. I think it looks really aggressive, yet stays within the new L-finesse style I hope it looks similar to this because it's really hot
Old 04-30-05, 11:00 AM
BrickHead
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Based on past experience, I don't think we will see any accurate rendering until right before the official launch of the vehicle. Perhaps Januarury 2006 in Detroit??
Old 05-02-05, 01:19 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

personally i would really love to see the ls600h making its way to the market and go straight head to head with the s600 and the 760il. a better car and you get a lot more miles as well. i can already imgine what the tv commercial is going to look like

it's only 1 1/2 yr away, i can wait
Old 05-02-05, 05:27 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 225 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
personally i would really love to see the ls600h making its way to the market and go straight head to head with the s600 and the 760il. a better car and you get a lot more miles as well. i can already imgine what the tv commercial is going to look like

it's only 1 1/2 yr away, i can wait
I' ve read from another forum that the LS600h will come a year later than the LS460. Don't know if that's accurate info though, but if it's true, it's going to be a 2 1/2 year wait
Old 05-02-05, 01:26 PM
Milla...

This is what I truly been waiting for, and the one and only reason why I didn't get the A8L last summer. If I like the body style its backed to getting talked about for having three of the same make.
Old 05-02-05, 10:01 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by AmethySC
I' ve read from another forum that the LS600h will come a year later than the LS460. Don't know if that's accurate info though, but if it's true, it's going to be a 2 1/2 year wait
umm.... actually i am not that surprise, considering the new gs and the gs450h, that could well be the case for the LS too

but that might be a good thing. take a look at the new LS next yr and see if it's good, then see if the extra wait is worth it
Old 05-03-05, 05:09 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 225 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by Milla...
This is what I truly been waiting for, and the one and only reason why I didn't get the A8L last summer. If I like the body style its backed to getting talked about for having three of the same make.
So you just got rid of the LS430 without replacing it with the A8 eh or any other sedan ? I didn't know that . . .
Old 05-03-05, 02:34 PM
xravexboix
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by XeroK00L
When a trailing letter refers to something related to the engine or drivetrain, it is made lower-case ('i', 'd', 'h', 'x', etc.), but when the letter refers to something related to the exterior form or dimension, it will be in upper-case ('L', 'C', etc.). It's only consistent this way.
I hope a LS600abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz comes out then! but imagine the price tag... LOL
Ya... I know... bad joke
Old 05-03-05, 10:54 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by xravexboix
I hope a LS600abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz comes out then! but imagine the price tag... LOL
Ya... I know... bad joke
well i suppse the ls460h will be around 90k? ouch!
Old 05-05-05, 06:31 AM
Milla...

Originally Posted by AmethySC
So you just got rid of the LS430 without replacing it with the A8 eh or any other sedan ? I didn't know that . . .
Yeah it happen to turn out that way, I was all set to go down and get it, but a few people close to me kept telling me to wait wait wait for this reason and that reason then I kept hearing around here that the LS will be getting redesigned soon so I said hey what the heck I'll hold off no rush its not like I'm walking.
Old 05-05-05, 10:01 AM
LexFather

Glad to see Lexus going upmarket and not making some short wheelbase ES 330 for 27k to help increase sales
Old 05-05-05, 10:28 AM
GS3Tek

Received 167 Likes on 127 Posts
Thumbs up

Yeah it happen to turn out that way, I was all set to go down and get it, but a few people close to me kept telling me to wait wait wait for this reason and that reason then I kept hearing around here that the LS will be getting redesigned soon so I said hey what the heck I'll hold off no rush its not like I'm walking.
I remember following your story milla about giving your LS away to your aunt?
I also thought you replaced it with the A8

Didn't want to go OT too much

It's about time that the LS will have the long wheelbase
Sorry to say but it makes more "worthy" to compete with the big boys now: S-class, 7 series, and the A8.
Old 05-05-05, 10:45 AM
Milla...

Originally Posted by GS3Tek
I remember following your story milla about giving your LS away to your aunt?
I also thought you replaced it with the A8

Didn't want to go OT too much

It's about time that the LS will have the long wheelbase
Sorry to say but it makes more "worthy" to compete with the big boys now: S-class, 7 series, and the A8.
I'm very eager to see this car, longwheel base and all, especially with this L -Finesse design applied I think it'll be excatly what I've been longing for out of the LS, hoping hoping hoping....If this is the case I don't care what it cost I'm all over it.
Old 05-05-05, 12:36 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

I'm very eager to see this car, longwheel base and all, especially with this L -Finesse design applied I think it'll be excatly what I've been longing for out of the LS, hoping hoping hoping....If this is the case I don't care what it cost I'm all over it.
well more than likely it's going to cost less than the mb and bimmer of comparable options

Quick Reply: Lexus to stretch flagship sedan; LS 460 also will offer industry's first hybrid V-8