Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the GS450H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the GS450H. Please use the main 3GS forum for discussion about shared components with other third generation GS models.

GS 450H official Thread 0-60 in 5.2 SECONDS/25 MPG!!!$54,900

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-06 | 11:18 AM
CrazyMPG
Phat Monkey

seems like the car is coming out soon....that's good....do post pics and whatever that might come to mind...
Old 04-20-06 | 02:52 PM
speedyg
Rookie

Originally Posted by thenod
Your customer posted his NM Edition pic on another site. NICE!!! I'm still waiting for mine but I imagine I should get it any day now.
The first NM edition arrived at a South Bay dealership today. Just got back from taking a look at it. Trunk is indeed very small. No PCS or Active Suspension. Does come with NM mats and car cover in a bag and what look like some extra Lexus badges.
Old 04-20-06 | 03:32 PM
LEXUS FAN!
Lead Lap

i never noticed that the GSh had dual badging like the LSh
Old 04-20-06 | 07:27 PM
thenod
Driver

My dealer just called me and asked if I wanted XM or Sirius with my vehicle. After making my choice, he said I can expect it to arrive in the next few days!!!
Old 04-21-06 | 02:09 AM
CrazyMPG
Phat Monkey

good news...ur getting it soon...
Old 04-22-06 | 10:37 AM
thenod
Driver

Default Dealer Said 450h can only have XM. NO SIRIUS!

Hello everyone. I just got a call from my dealer and he said that Sirius IS NOT compatible with the GS 450H. WEAK!!!! Oh well....If it's not compatible, what can i do?
Old 04-22-06 | 11:06 AM
hendjaz
Pole Position

"I just got a call from my dealer and he said that Sirius IS NOT compatible with the GS 450H."

You might want to push back on that as my dealer asked me which satellite service I wanted and I selected XM as I am already a satisfied customer. Sirius was clearly an option available to me though. Maybe ask to talk to the regional sales manager if the local dealer is clueless on the satellite installation alternatives.

Paid for my 450h yesterday and will take delivery next weekend. It is at the Port going through the port delivery process. Is not a NM version but a standard one and comes fully loaded with accident avoidance and active suspension for $66K. Black/black is the only color combo available according to dealer which suits me just fine. Dealer is expecting to take delivery of 1-2 per month and they are a large Lexus dealer. I have purchased the first one they have received a vin number on.
Old 04-22-06 | 07:32 PM
hendjaz
Pole Position

By the way, I should have been more precise in by terminology regarding the "accident avoidance and active suspension" I referred to above. That is actually the pre-collision system (PCS) and the Active Stabilizer Suspension system that are options with the active stabilizer a whopping $3+K option. We'll see if it's worth it, hopefully next weekend.

I'll be interested to hear if other markets get different color alternatives without special ordering. It makes sense to have but one color given the low production levels of this vehicle but I have read that others are expecting silver or possibly other colors.
Old 04-23-06 | 12:51 AM
CrazyMPG
Phat Monkey

pretty cool ur getting ur regular 450h soon...maybe i should be expecting mine soon...lol...
Old 04-23-06 | 12:55 AM
CrazyMPG
Phat Monkey

just wondering what is the Active Stabilizer Suspension system? is it like in other cars such as mercedes, land rovers?
Old 04-23-06 | 09:28 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by CrazyMPG
just wondering what is the Active Stabilizer Suspension system? is it like in other cars such as mercedes, land rovers?
See below................

Originally Posted by Rockville
active stabilizer suspension today and there are two batteries back there! The smaller one which is standard is on the left side of the compartment and the other is right behind the active suspension unit that resides where the temporary spare would on the standard suspension. Weight distribution is helped somewhat by these batteries as it is 51%/49%. F/R.

I drove both types on a closed course and the stabilizer was very effective. It was a $3,400 option and if it were me I'd want it. There are two run flat options. The all seasons that we will get here in the Eastern region are $400. The Summers are $440. The stabilizers are both front and rear and keep the body roll down to a minimum. We had just a few slalom cones set up to try and it was very responsive in the handling. As a control we had a GS430 to compare to the two GS450h versions. At the end of the test we saw a short acceleration contest between the V8 and the V6 hybrid. The GS450h won handily each time by between two or three car lengths.

This car is made for passing! You just project your mind up ahead and you effortlessly find yourself already there. The naysayers must drive this car and experience the smooth acceleration which is unlike anything I have driven before.

The fully loaded car also had the PCS and came in just over $66,000.

Rock
Old 04-23-06 | 09:56 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

I'm still amazed that this engine will be in the 300-340 HP range for a V6... That's pretty impressive IMO..
Old 04-23-06 | 10:15 AM
Rockville
Lexus Test Driver

Default The 3.5 V6 is potent to begin with at 306...

Originally Posted by tmf2004
I'm still amazed that this engine will be in the 300-340 HP range for a V6... That's pretty impressive IMO..
HP and then you add the electric motor/generator and the rating is 339 HP. Since the nature of the electric motor is instant torque on demand it actually leaves the line with more grunt than a V8. The V6 HP comes on a little later in the acceleration to replace the fading power of the battery and it keeps the momentum going. While cruising for burgers or BMW's the V6 will pull along side for the howdy partner and the electric motors will say whishhhhhhhh for the see ya later..........Did I forget to mention the Super Ultra Low Emissions? or the Hybrid Tax Credit?

Rock
Old 04-23-06 | 11:24 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Originally Posted by Rockville
HP and then you add the electric motor/generator and the rating is 339 HP. Since the nature of the electric motor is instant torque on demand it actually leaves the line with more grunt than a V8. The V6 HP comes on a little later in the acceleration to replace the fading power of the battery and it keeps the momentum going. While cruising for burgers or BMW's the V6 will pull along side for the howdy partner and the electric motors will say whishhhhhhhh for the see ya later..........Did I forget to mention the Super Ultra Low Emissions? or the Hybrid Tax Credit?

Rock
Sounds like its going to be one hell of a car.. Especially the 3.5liter V6... Its going to have more HP than the 06 GS...
Old 04-23-06 | 07:20 PM
thenod
Driver

Default NM Edition Car #7 Pics

This one isn't mine everyone. Rock sold this and the owner asked that I put these pics on for him. I'm just days away from getting mine. :wooho
Attached Thumbnails GS 450H official Thread 0-60 in 5.2 SECONDS/25 MPG!!!,900-gs450h116.jpg  

Quick Reply: GS 450H official Thread 0-60 in 5.2 SECONDS/25 MPG!!!$54,900