Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX400H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the RX400H. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other second generation RX models.

Carputer installation For RX400 h Lexus

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-06, 11:10 AM
Nikker1985
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Carputer installation For RX400 h Lexus

Hallo,
In just a little bit more than a month I will be the proud owner of a Hybrid Lexus.I was going to purchase the Mark Levinson edition but I did not mostly because it did not support MP3,or WMA files,and the front screen did not play movies unless the car was parked.
So,now I am planning on installing an incar computer also known as a carputer.I am asking if there is anybody who has experience on this,who can give me information as well as a step by step installation guide.I havo also posted a thread on www.mp3car.com and waiting for answers.
There is a different battery used for the soundsystem,right?It will now affect all those purplexe computers and electric stuff ,right?I mean,the car will not accelerate or something eveytime I play the music louder,right?The lights will not move up and down and so on...
So,what I am saying is.How can I have in my car,a computer,connected with 3 monitors,1 in fornt and 2 in the headrests(plus the one that is allready installed, wich I only need for parking and checking out mileage and car info such as tire pressure etc.,no need for it to play movies),one amplifyer and a lot of loudspeakers,subwoofers etc..
Thank you very much in advanced,you can also email me at Nikker1985@hotmal.com
Old 01-30-06, 05:02 PM
thwang99
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm doing the same thing to my RX400!

Originally Posted by Nikker1985
Hallo,
In just a little bit more than a month I will be the proud owner of a Hybrid Lexus.I was going to purchase the Mark Levinson edition but I did not mostly because it did not support MP3,or WMA files,and the front screen did not play movies unless the car was parked.
So,now I am planning on installing an incar computer also known as a carputer.I am asking if there is anybody who has experience on this,who can give me information as well as a step by step installation guide.I havo also posted a thread on www.mp3car.com and waiting for answers.
There is a different battery used for the soundsystem,right?It will now affect all those purplexe computers and electric stuff ,right?I mean,the car will not accelerate or something eveytime I play the music louder,right?The lights will not move up and down and so on...
So,what I am saying is.How can I have in my car,a computer,connected with 3 monitors,1 in fornt and 2 in the headrests(plus the one that is allready installed, wich I only need for parking and checking out mileage and car info such as tire pressure etc.,no need for it to play movies),one amplifyer and a lot of loudspeakers,subwoofers etc..
Thank you very much in advanced,you can also email me at Nikker1985@hotmal.com
Old 01-30-06, 07:38 PM
ACleanSC4
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

you guys are nuts!!

I installed a carputer in my 92 sc400 almost 2 years ago...you guys are doing it in brand new cars with crazy electrical systems...

I'm sorry I can't help out in terms where to put these things in your car, I can help with fabrication, software, and hardware questions...

There are more advance things that I'd like to do which I have no clue on doing...hopefully we'll all learn something here...
Old 01-31-06, 01:37 PM
Frankr66
Pole Position

i am an avid car audio nut and i can tell you that i would NOT want to add any aftermarket electrical gear into the 400h

you are going to void your warranty and reek havoc on your eletrical system

the 400h uses LED taillights over the 330 in order to save power, and we are talking about an ampere or two

adding a carputer with screens etc.. is going to be too much of a draw, i wouldnt touch it
Old 01-31-06, 07:35 PM
thwang99
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Frankr66
i am an avid car audio nut and i can tell you that i would NOT want to add any aftermarket electrical gear into the 400h

the 400h uses LED taillights over the 330 in order to save power, and we are talking about an ampere or two

adding a carputer with screens etc.. is going to be too much of a draw, i wouldnt touch it

I would imagine the LED taillights would be more for "coolness" rather than having to save power, right? And long life, etc...

- Tony
Old 01-31-06, 07:39 PM
HarrierAWD
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Frankr66

Really.... gotta make sure we don't use that turn signal. The fuse will pop and the engine will stop running!!! Don't hunk the horn either.

Relax dude, the RX400h has enough juice to light up the whole house.
Old 01-31-06, 10:03 PM
skippy911
Driver

Not sure if its any help but I put one in my rx300 lemme know if you have any carputer specific questions. You can see my install on the "show off your project" forum on mp3car.
Old 02-04-06, 09:07 AM
Nikker1985
Driver School Candidate

Red face

So you are all saying that it will propably mess up with the electic system?I will propably have it installed by an audio expert,this people can do anything you ask them,I personally trust them and I dont think there will be any problem. If it draws to much power,you can also add a new battery,right?
Anyways,if someone has already done something simillar to his,such some kind of carputer or after market soundsystem,please let me know.
Thank you all for your corespondance...