Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX400H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the RX400H. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other second generation RX models.

Bluetooth Phone No. Transfer...Failure

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-06, 10:46 PM
dynazel
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Bluetooth Phone No. Transfer...Failure

(First off, if there's a way to go thru historical posts to search for previous threads on this subject, I apologize if this has been covered before and I missed it...)

Just picked up my first Lexus yesterday, and finding so much to learn...Navigation and Personalized settings--this may take a while.

But, something that doesn't seem to be working correctly--even the Lexus guy who did my orientation couldn't make it work right--is the Bluetooth transfer from my cellular phone (a Motorola RAZR with Cingular service) into my vehicle directory.

I go into Telephone and Settings and Transfer Phone Data/Start Transfer. Then, on my cell phone, I select a stored number and select Send. BUT....no matter what number I pick to send, and the systems says the transfer was successful--the number transferred into the vehicle is the wrong number. Each time I transfer, it picks the #10 phone entry in my cell phone directory...?

Is it my cell phone? or is it the Lexus? operator error?
Old 05-30-06, 08:50 AM
gwong
Rookie

This might help....

http://lexusbluetooth.letstalk.com/b...364_03Navi.pdf
Old 05-31-06, 01:07 PM
REDEYES00
Driver School Candidate

I like the handy .pdf (Quick Guide) you directed us towards...but I can't seem to find the links to other brands / models of phones (ex. Cingular 8125). Any guidance would be appreciated.
Old 05-31-06, 08:14 PM
gwong
Rookie

You can go to the Lexus homepage and click on the Bluetooth icon in the lower right of the page.

Hers the one for the Cingular 8125...

http://lexusbluetooth.letstalk.com/b...181_03Navi.pdf
Old 05-31-06, 09:00 PM
REDEYES00
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the quick reply and instructions to find the link. Too bad the 8125 phone book transfer to the RX400h is not supported...this just confirmed my suspicions.
Old 06-01-06, 06:54 PM
dynazel
Driver School Candidate

Thank you, gwong, for the link. It appears I *should* be able to transfer singlecontacts...but, I followed the instructions and still can't make it work--it copies the same number over and over. So I tried deleting that number, iand t would only copy the number stored after the one I'd just deleted. Go figure.

However, at least now I have something to show the service department that says I *should* be able to transfer. Maybe they can figure it out.

Meanwhile, the connection is still pretty cool, even if I do have to dial from the actual phone first! I mean, what the heck? It wasn't that long ago I didn't have a cell phone at all!

Thanks to all.
Old 06-01-06, 07:52 PM
gwong
Rookie

A couple of things you can try that the instructions don't mention. Each contact can only have one number attached to it, so no multiple entries. Another thing you can try is remove any special characters from your phone numbers, such as dashes, parentheses, or spaces.
Good luck.
Old 06-04-06, 06:12 PM
dynazel
Driver School Candidate

I finally tried transferring numbers from the SIM card in my cell phone, which will only store name and number (unlike the phone memory, which will store special ring tone, and a voice command)--Those numbers transferred into the vehicle memory without a hitch.

It still seems kinda odd, because the numbers it was storing had special ring tones and voice commands attached, but something in there was just goofing it up.

Now I've got an outgoing call in the memory that I just can't find a way to delete (it's always grayed out), but the rest of my numbers are in there now.

Thanks again for all the helpful hints.