Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the GS450H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the GS450H. Please use the main 3GS forum for discussion about shared components with other third generation GS models.

Pictures of my 2007 GS450h (Warning....56K)

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-06, 05:22 PM
MY GS300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have driven mostly in the highway (75% of the time) and the car does not consume a lot of gas.

The car will go around 425 miles on a full tank. In the car, there is the number of miles remaining until I need to go to the gas station.
Old 06-24-06, 06:37 PM
DetMich1
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by MY GS300
Hey guys, what's up?

I finally picked up my GS450h.

First of all, my apologizes for the large photos.
I do not know how to make them smaller.
I use tinypic.

Second, I suck at taking pics.

I bought my car from Pranav Gill
who is the Internet Sales Director
at Lexus of Norwood in Massachusetts.

His contact info. is 508-668-5600
pgill@herbchambers.com

I highly recommend him.

congratulations on the new car. Do you need a new screen name now?
Old 06-24-06, 11:24 PM
hendjaz
Pole Position

Thanks for sharing your window sticker. You have the $60K version which is fully loaded except for the PCS and active stabilizer options. I have had my black/black 450h for almost 2 months now and its very smooth, quiet and fast. Hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine.

Don't forget to have the parking brake on while you watch video dvd's, but audio (music) dvd's can be played and listened to any time. The ML audio system in the 450h is outstanding, particularly if you add XM radio which is fully integrated into the nav screen if you add it in at the Lexus dealership.
Old 06-25-06, 07:14 AM
jwa
Pole Position

It's interesting that you got run flats and a spare tire. This is the first 450H I've seen with both, and I've seen several without the stabalizer that could have had a spare. You also have different run-flats than I do; I have the Firestone EL42's, and you have Dunlops. Hopefully, yours pick up less road noise than mine. The run flats are my one real gripe with the 450H, but at least you have the option of going with conventional tires when it's time to replace.

I'm at 1500 miles now, and my highway milage continues to average about 31 with the cruise set at 70 and 29-30 without the cruise. City mileage is averaging about 22-23, which is only slightly better than the 06 GS 300 I traded. It's fair to say that the GS 450H and GS 300 have had almost identical milage performance for me.
Old 06-25-06, 07:27 AM
jwa
Pole Position

Originally Posted by hendjaz
The ML audio system in the 450h is outstanding, particularly if you add XM radio which is fully integrated into the nav screen if you add it in at the Lexus dealership.
I have XM radio as well, but my XM is dropping the signal far more than it ever did in the GS 300. Are you experiencing any drops? Where is your XM antenna located? Do you have the older 2" square antenna, or the newer and much smaller 3/4" square. I have the new style antenna located right below the brake light, but on the GS 300 is was the old style located about a 12" to the right. I've also found a few references that suggest the hybrid battery could be distrupting the signal.
Old 06-26-06, 05:38 PM
hendjaz
Pole Position

Default Xm Antenna

Originally Posted by jwa
I have XM radio as well, but my XM is dropping the signal far more than it ever did in the GS 300. Are you experiencing any drops? Where is your XM antenna located? Do you have the older 2" square antenna, or the newer and much smaller 3/4" square. I have the new style antenna located right below the brake light, but on the GS 300 is was the old style located about a 12" to the right. I've also found a few references that suggest the hybrid battery could be distrupting the signal.

Jwa, I have the same smaller antenna in about the same location. Inside on the rear shelf right next to the rear brake light. Very stealth-like so its hardly noticeable. No problems with reception but its not going to be perfect when in a reception shadow. The only drops in signal occur where it can be expected in the shadow of tall buildings (15 stories or so) and when adjacent to large thick tree cover. We have some big trees in the NW so that's what I am referring to, not your regular maple tree or whatever.

Don't know enough about the technology to know whether it would make a difference to go to the larger antenna. I have a nearly 2 year old xm portable radio that I use mostly indoors with indoor antenna (nearly 2" square) and it pulls in signal through house wall and roof just fine without any trouble. Maybe try that to see if it helps. Still won't be much visible from the outside.
Old 06-28-06, 05:58 AM
Yang1815
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First of all, congrats!

Secondly, when I started reading the post I just imagined this FOB voice reading and then I saw the reflection of you haha
Old 06-28-06, 12:13 PM
MY GS300
Lexus Test Driver

Thank you everyone for your feedback. I greatly appreciate it.

I am also sorry for my late reply.

I will keep my username. Because I miss my GS300.

I wish you all a good day!!!
Old 06-29-06, 01:04 AM
mattvds
Rookie

Congrats on your purchase.. I just graduated from college and can't afford the 60+ K for the GS450, so I ended up getting the ES 350 (also black on black).... The next car I buy will prolly be the 450h GS... Is it as fast and responsive as the dealers claim?
Old 06-29-06, 07:20 AM
jwa
Pole Position

Originally Posted by mattvds
Congrats on your purchase.. I just graduated from college and can't afford the 60+ K for the GS450, so I ended up getting the ES 350 (also black on black).... The next car I buy will prolly be the 450h GS... Is it as fast and responsive as the dealers claim?
Just because your not going to buy the 450H doesn't mean you can't test drive one. Be honest with your sales person, and let them know you would like to drive one if and when it's available. Personally, I can't predict in advance what my next car will be, and by the time you get ready to trade your ES for the 450H, the GS body will be 4-5 years old - to outdated for me. Enjoy the ES350, and don't dwell too much on what you don't have.

Fast and responsive is subjective, but check out this months R&T for a comparison of the 450H and the BMW 550. Based on my experience, it's a fair, accurate, and detailed review of the two cars.
Old 06-29-06, 12:35 PM
twister
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jwa
I'm at 1500 miles now, and my highway milage continues to average about 31 with the cruise set at 70 and 29-30 without the cruise. City mileage is averaging about 22-23, which is only slightly better than the 06 GS 300 I traded. It's fair to say that the GS 450H and GS 300 have had almost identical milage performance for me.
I was under impression that "hybrid" would give you a better mileage? Or, is this a comparison of 3.0 liter vs 3.5 liter w/hybrid?
Old 06-29-06, 01:42 PM
jwa
Pole Position

Originally Posted by twister
I was under impression that "hybrid" would give you a better mileage? Or, is this a comparison of 3.0 liter vs 3.5 liter w/hybrid?
The 450H is advertised by Lexus as having the performance of a V8 and the gas milage of a V6. I'm getting the same gas mileage in the 450H as I was getting in the GS 300, so, IMO, the claim is valid.
Old 06-30-06, 12:50 PM
MY GS300
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by mattvds
Thank you for your kind words.

I also want to congratulate you on your purchase as well. The ES350 is a very fine, reliable, durable, and smooth luxury car!!!

I agree with jwa, go to your dealer and kindly ask if you can test drive the 450h.

I had the car for only around two weeks. So I did not have the chance to try anything serious yet.

Take care.
Old 07-03-06, 01:05 AM
Enclenta
Rookie

Wow, very cool. I haven't seen many of these yet. Hopefully I will. Stunning!
Old 07-03-06, 03:58 AM
GS69
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Wink Hey MyGS300 (or should it be MyGS450h?)

Nice Legs!

Quick Reply: Pictures of my 2007 GS450h (Warning....56K)