Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX400H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the RX400H. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other second generation RX models.

DVD & Bluetooth bypass

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-06, 01:10 PM
williz
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by williz
is there anyone who knows where the connector N3 is??
i like to cut off temporarily (with a switch) the SPD (pin 5) signal from the Naigation ECU to have access to the TCM while car is moving.
this is for a european model where the software override procedure is not working.
regards
williz
so i found out finaly!
N3 is in the trunk of the car at the navigation system. this is to far away, so i had to cut the SPD signal on IS2 pin 15, this connector is located on the right side below the glove compartment. if you cut this signal navigation system is enabled. but if you do this you have to install a switch to re connect the SPD signal after changing destination or using TMC.
williz
Old 09-11-06, 07:38 PM
tdt5648
Driver School Candidate

Default would like photos of completed work

Have any of you guys with the completed modification have photographs of your work? I would like to see how you splice together and cap off the specific wires. Also, could JerryRay show where the DPDT switch was placed to where it was readily accessible? Thanks.

I have added a SoundLinq to our RXh so the text of the iPod shows up on the radio LCD screen and the car's controls can also control the iPod, eg. change tracks, playlists, shuffle, etc... Its sounds great and the iPod is also being charged at the same time.
Old 09-12-06, 06:16 PM
jerryray
Pit Crew

Heat shrink for the wires. Switch location is your own creative design.

Hints, unused area on the shift console area, additional foot switch in series with the brake sense wire.
Old 09-17-06, 09:52 AM
tdt5648
Driver School Candidate

does anyone know how to get to the M5 plug?
Old 09-17-06, 01:44 PM
williz
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by tdt5648
does anyone know how to get to the M5 plug?
i have a complete documentation (with dissasembling instractions an pictures) but the file (.pdf) is aprox 700kbyte so i cant attach it. if you give me a private message with your e-mail address i will send it.
williz
ps.: M5 connector is on the backside of the LCD display unit, most left connector if you look at the connectors.

Last edited by williz; 09-17-06 at 01:48 PM.
Old 09-19-06, 04:20 PM
tdt5648
Driver School Candidate

Finally got it done in about 1 hour. Those wires were very small and delicate to work with. DVD and phone system both work great. Wife loves watching on the front screen instead of having to sit in the back with the two kids.
Old 09-19-06, 04:38 PM
jerryray
Pit Crew

Did you use my photos to find the wires?

Were yours the same?

What Model, 400H?
Old 09-19-06, 06:37 PM
tdt5648
Driver School Candidate

The M5 module in our 2006 RXh was exactly like your photo had depicted after using williz's instructions on how to get to it. Then I used ScareyH22A's intructions on cutting and T-splicing the appropriate wires together. I did not use any heat shrink as I did not install a switch.
Old 09-25-06, 11:52 PM
eleman73
Driver School Candidate

Default LCD screen tire images on Trip Info

Originally Posted by tdt5648
The M5 module in our 2006 RXh was exactly like your photo had depicted after using williz's instructions on how to get to it. Then I used ScareyH22A's intructions on cutting and T-splicing the appropriate wires together. I did not use any heat shrink as I did not install a switch.
I have done the modification about 2 months ago, it works still fine, I have done an oil change at the dealer after the modification, the dealer did not see any error code when they plug the OBD scanner. But I have just realized that at the trip info screen the 4 tires images are not turning while I am driving, I did not remember if they were turning before the mod. I believe because I cut the speed sensor cable, LCD screen did not understand it mowing or stopping. But on the other hand there is no problem on navigation menu even I eneter long tunnels (it is moving). does anyone realized the same? if you have done the mod. are the 4 tire images are turning?
Thanks
Old 09-27-06, 03:18 PM
tdt5648
Driver School Candidate

The tires were turning previous to my DVD bypass mod, but they are NOT turning after the mod. Good pickup eleman 73. Our RX is at the dealership now for the 10K maintenance, and I hope that they don't find anything suspicious.
Old 10-09-06, 04:11 AM
805 GS430
Driver School Candidate

Hello everyone!

I need your help please! I was unable to do the dvd bypass. The connector in the 2007 Rx400h is different. I'm not sure wich wire is the ground, brake or speed? Thanks in advance.
Old 10-21-06, 06:07 AM
ted5469
Driver School Candidate

Hey ScareyH22A,
I just picked up my 2007 GS350 awd. Will this work on the 07, or is it for the 06. Also will this solve the MPS cd track info. this dosent work while you are driving.
Old 11-17-06, 01:37 PM
805 GS430
Driver School Candidate

Hello Everyone!

Has Anyone Done The Dvd Bypass And A 2007 Rx400h Or A 2007 Gs450h?
I Need To Know Wich One Is The Parking Break Wire, Speed And Ground. Thanks In Advance.
Old 11-21-06, 11:04 AM
Paulma
Driver School Candidate

Default Bluetooth GPS Motion Bypass 07 400h

Ok the 2007 is different than the 06 versions posted here The Speed Sense Wire Sky Blue & the Ebrake Signal - white are still on Connector M5 however in Different Positions - I took mine apart this weekend the M5 connector is directly behind the display You start by pulling off the Gearshift bezel then remove the seat heater - cig liter panel then remove the radio 4 10 mil bolts 2 are hidden up inside then you can easily remove the display however the Mod did not work for me I found the White wire for the Ebrake and the Sky Blue wire for the Speed verified both with DVOM also tested every wire on this connector only the Sky blue had a speed signal with the car moving. Next I disconnected the speed signal & Grounded the E brake signal This did stop the turning wheels (when the car moves) in the Trip Info (energy) display so I am confident that I suceeded with what was discribed for the 06 model However this did not keep the displays active while the car was moving each time the vehicle exceeded 3 mph the displays all revert back... I think the Japs saw this post and changed the system to watch the GPS signal for motion... Unless anyone has a better Idea??? I found the MAping DVD system under the spare tire tools in the rear there is an access panel there where you could input a DVD however I could not get it to OPen up - load any dvds I took a pic of the connector sorry its real poor the Sky blue & the white are there but not in the same positions (they are real thin wire) I reconnected mine and the Wheels turn on the Energy display... (when the car moves) I am wondering if there is also a speed input at the rear Gps - nav system module... Any Ideas ??? This is a great car however It seems a shame to lock the driver out of the phone & gps destinations screens when the car is moving - The route preview is a must to see the (where are they taking Me) roads ahead....
I have had a GArmin Gps for years and when It is on my dash I had no problems programing it at all while driving- My 400h Voice comand list is poor at Best It usually fails to obey the comand I wanted & instead of going HOME it usually tries to display More POI icons so a complete list of the Voice comands would be nice...

Thanx for any help

PS I also removed the dinger for the Seat belt which was ticking me off
Attached Thumbnails DVD & Bluetooth bypass-nov18_0001.jpg  
Old 11-22-06, 11:15 AM
williz
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Paulma
Ok the 2007 is different than the 06 versions posted here The Speed Sense Wire Sky Blue & the Ebrake Signal - white are still on Connector M5 however in Different Positions - I took mine apart this weekend the M5 connector is directly behind the display You start by pulling off the Gearshift bezel then remove the seat heater - cig liter panel then remove the radio 4 10 mil bolts 2 are hidden up inside then you can easily remove the display however the Mod did not work for me I found the White wire for the Ebrake and the Sky Blue wire for the Speed verified both with DVOM also tested every wire on this connector only the Sky blue had a speed signal with the car moving. Next I disconnected the speed signal & Grounded the E brake signal This did stop the turning wheels (when the car moves) in the Trip Info (energy) display so I am confident that I suceeded with what was discribed for the 06 model However this did not keep the displays active while the car was moving each time the vehicle exceeded 3 mph the displays all revert back... I think the Japs saw this post and changed the system to watch the GPS signal for motion... Unless anyone has a better Idea??? I found the MAping DVD system under the spare tire tools in the rear there is an access panel there where you could input a DVD however I could not get it to OPen up - load any dvds I took a pic of the connector sorry its real poor the Sky blue & the white are there but not in the same positions (they are real thin wire) I reconnected mine and the Wheels turn on the Energy display... (when the car moves) I am wondering if there is also a speed input at the rear Gps - nav system module... Any Ideas ??? This is a great car however It seems a shame to lock the driver out of the phone & gps destinations screens when the car is moving - The route preview is a must to see the (where are they taking Me) roads ahead....
I have had a GArmin Gps for years and when It is on my dash I had no problems programing it at all while driving- My 400h Voice comand list is poor at Best It usually fails to obey the comand I wanted & instead of going HOME it usually tries to display More POI icons so a complete list of the Voice comands would be nice...

Thanx for any help

PS I also removed the dinger for the Seat belt which was ticking me off

hi!
speed sensing wire on M5 is only for LCD and bluetooth. on 06 models there was a software overide comand sequence to get access to the navigation input screens and TMC while driving.
as i understood the comand sequence is not longer working in 07 models.
in this case you could cut the speed sensing wire to the navigation system as we did in the european models.
if you do so make shure that you use a switch becouse if the speed sensing signal to the navigation system is cut off the position finding is not longer working, means after inputing you have to switch back to normal.
i did a documentation for the european model as a .pdf file. if you like to get this please PM me (including your e-mail address) and i will mail it to you.

Quick Reply: DVD & Bluetooth bypass