Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX400H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the RX400H. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other second generation RX models.

Replacing silver trim (with wood or new silver)

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-07, 03:24 PM
RandyL712
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replacing silver trim (with wood or new silver)

We're looking at an '06 400h with silver trim that's not terrible, but has a scratch or three. Can it be replaced with wood, or new silver trim pieces? Anyone know the prices and procedure? (My wife would love wood) ** Don't mention stick-on kits, those look terrible to me.
Old 01-20-07, 09:03 AM
williz
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by RandyL712
We're looking at an '06 400h with silver trim that's not terrible, but has a scratch or three. Can it be replaced with wood, or new silver trim pieces? Anyone know the prices and procedure? (My wife would love wood) ** Don't mention stick-on kits, those look terrible to me.
are you talking about the silver painted plastic parts or the aluminum ones?
the silver painted on the doors are not sold as spareparts as far as i know.
it might be that lexus is selling the wood trim as spareparts now.
but there is an alternative. you can replace all silver trim parts by solid carbon (eithere black or silver) if you and your wife like the carbon look. have a look here www.carbon.sk or have a look at my posting with pictures of my car with the interior carbon trim here https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...ghlight=carbon
this is solid carbon (like the original lexus parts) and not stik on material!
Old 01-20-07, 11:03 AM
JZA80MHU38
Lead Lap

williz, how many hours does it take to replace all those trims? Which one is the most difficult one? Any precautious for novice who want to replace by themselves? Thanks.
Old 01-20-07, 02:07 PM
williz
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by JZA80MHU38
williz, how many hours does it take to replace all those trims? Which one is the most difficult one? Any precautious for novice who want to replace by themselves? Thanks.
if you do it first time i would say it should take you between 2 and 3 hours.
i did a documentation for the installation of the carbon trim but you can use it as a general description on how you can dissasemlbeassemble the door lining and head unit parts. it is about 3 MB big (to big to upload as a file attachment). if you send me your e-mail as PM i will send you the .pdf file.
when you see the documentation you will understand why lexus is not selling the decorativ door strips as spareparts.