Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the GS450H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the GS450H. Please use the main 3GS forum for discussion about shared components with other third generation GS models.

GS450h diminished value claim

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-07, 04:36 PM
450from540
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry GS450h diminished value claim

My GS450h was damaged on Valentines Day when a rash Mercedes SUV 500L driver cut into my lane and re-arranged the entire left side of my car. New front and rear quarter panels and door exterior panels will be necessary, as well as a rear wheel. Not sure whether to kill her, cry, or explode, I just took it all in ( perhaps you heard my yells at around 9:40 in the morning from Atlanta). The question is now the diminished value of this new 2007 car with 5200 miles on it. As we know, it is a unique car and some have paid a premium to obtain it, not to mention the waits. I am expecting to have to provide her insurance company with my ammunition to get anywhere with them. In the end, it will just be some money they throw to me which won't make me feel any better about the bruses to my baby.
Old 02-18-07, 04:41 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by 450from540
My GS450h was damaged on Valentines Day when a rash Mercedes SUV 500L driver cut into my lane and re-arranged the entire left side of my car. New front and rear quarter panels and door exterior panels will be necessary, as well as a rear wheel. Not sure whether to kill her, cry, or explode, I just took it all in ( perhaps you heard my yells at around 9:40 in the morning from Atlanta). The question is now the diminished value of this new 2007 car with 5200 miles on it. As we know, it is a unique car and some have paid a premium to obtain it, not to mention the waits. I am expecting to have to provide her insurance company with my ammunition to get anywhere with them. In the end, it will just be some money they throw to me which won't make me feel any better about the bruses to my baby.
Wow, sorry to hear this. I'm in Atlanta as well.

Last edited by LexFather; 02-18-07 at 04:48 PM.
Old 02-18-07, 04:46 PM
jjbodean
Lexus Test Driver

try www.lossinvalue.com

guys name is chuck stewart and he does loss-in-value claims for damages to your vehicle that were the other parties fault. you are going to be entitled to a diminished value claim for sure. give chuck a try.
Old 02-18-07, 04:51 PM
twister
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Really sorry to hear that The most important thing that you are OK. With a car, as long as it just exterior panels and not a frame damage, I think it should be OK. I heard when a frame is damaged, the car will never be the same even after the best repair. A friend of mine just recently had his Scion tC rear-ended, and after he got his car back - it felt different. So, he traded it in asap before accident info went into carfax database.
Old 02-18-07, 04:54 PM
Lexucan
Lexucanafer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow....I'm sorry to read about the damage to your new car. If it had happened to me, I am sure I'd be feeling physically ill to my stomach over it. As to what I would do about it - I'd be very seriously contemplating an attempted homicide once the tears subsided and I managed to stop vomiting.
I wish you the best of luck with getting it repaired!
Old 02-19-07, 08:51 AM
Jace7
Lexus Test Driver

geeeze!!!
I would be so UPSET, but it is just a car. i hope you're ok in the end of it all. BUT GEEEEEZE!
I feel your pain. Hope everything goes good/easy with the claim and repair.
Keep us up to date.
Old 02-19-07, 02:08 PM
Corey140
Intermediate

GA is a diminished value state. When our car was rear ended last year, Metlife paid us a diminished value claim on the car plus everything else without us asking about it.

Good luck with her insurance company....
Old 02-09-12, 04:05 PM
allseasons
Driver School Candidate

Corey140 - I'm surprised you received the diminished value payout from MetLife without asking for it! My car was hit recently (in Connecticut, another diminished value state) and I've retained an attorney to purse the diminished value claim on my car. I've done some research on DV and found helpful information at www.vehiclediminishedvalue.com.
Old 02-09-12, 06:15 PM
bigblack06

Received 326 Likes on 223 Posts

Damn, that sucks, At least your ok, as twister said as long as its not frame damage you shouldnt worry as much. The value wont go down that much but frame damage you may suffer a loss. If you guys don't mind what is this diminished value that you speak of never heard of it, Im curious
Old 02-13-12, 01:38 PM
allseasons
Driver School Candidate

bigblack06 - Diminished Value (DV) is the loss a vehicle suffers in its value when it has been in an accident. It is separate from the repair costs. Many people will not want to purchase a used vehicle that has been in an accident because they are concerned it is not in its original factory condition. Or, if they do buy it, they will want to buy it at less than blue book value. Laws on DV vary by state. For info and answers to FAQs on DV, look at http://matthewforrestlaw.com/diminished-value/
Old 02-13-12, 05:28 PM
bigblack06

Received 326 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by allseasons
bigblack06 - Diminished Value (DV) is the loss a vehicle suffers in its value when it has been in an accident. It is separate from the repair costs. Many people will not want to purchase a used vehicle that has been in an accident because they are concerned it is not in its original factory condition. Or, if they do buy it, they will want to buy it at less than blue book value. Laws on DV vary by state. For info and answers to FAQs on DV, look at http://matthewforrestlaw.com/diminished-value/
Thanks!!!!!!!!