Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the GS450H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the GS450H. Please use the main 3GS forum for discussion about shared components with other third generation GS models.

Interested in a GS450H but with high miles-help

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-07, 07:59 AM
DonkeyGS
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interested in a GS450H but with high miles-help

I have been car shopping (browsing online) for a few months now, and I can't decide what to buy. I think I have narrowed it down to either a GS or an Infiniti M45.

Anyway, today I see a GS450H at my local lexus dealership with a price of $49,900 w/ about 23k miles. My 1st thought is whoa, 23k on an 07, no way. Should I stay away, or do you guys think that it's not so bad considering it is a Lex and should last for a very long time? I'm also thinking I could probably talk them down to somewhere around 46-47, which would be an awesome deal on a 450H.

Any thoughts on the miles and what I should expect to pay on this would be greatly appreciated/

~Donkey
Old 03-29-07, 08:37 AM
Jace7
Lexus Test Driver

First what specific packages and what options are on that 450h?
Given that bit of information I can tell you if it's a good deal.
Second, the milage isn't an issue. (At least not to me.) It should last. But it is the new hybrid and although it has a 10 year on all hybrid parts, it's still new and we don't know how it will hold in the real world. I would expect no problems.
I went in to the dealership yesterday and just for kicks I wanted to see how much they would give me for mine, 450h, 2007, every possible option....
He pulled up the comp screen and showed me what my car around the US has gone for. It was "Retail" anywhere from 47K to 54K "RETAIL". So that means if I sold mine through the paper, I might be able to pull about 55-56K for it still, with 7K miles on it. I paid about 69K with all the options and 3M and other things, so $12,000 dollars in 6 months, well........ you make your opinions on the depreciation.
Old 03-29-07, 09:09 AM
DonkeyGS
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Jace7
First what specific packages and what options are on that 450h?
Given that bit of information I can tell you if it's a good deal.
Second, the milage isn't an issue. (At least not to me.) It should last. But it is the new hybrid and although it has a 10 year on all hybrid parts, it's still new and we don't know how it will hold in the real world. I would expect no problems.
I went in to the dealership yesterday and just for kicks I wanted to see how much they would give me for mine, 450h, 2007, every possible option....
He pulled up the comp screen and showed me what my car around the US has gone for. It was "Retail" anywhere from 47K to 54K "RETAIL". So that means if I sold mine through the paper, I might be able to pull about 55-56K for it still, with 7K miles on it. I paid about 69K with all the options and 3M and other things, so $12,000 dollars in 6 months, well........ you make your opinions on the depreciation.
Thanks for the feedback, there isnt much info on the car, and at the dealer website it says please call for details. I don't think it has the ML stereo system, which is something I am interested in.

Here is the car on cars.com
Old 03-29-07, 09:14 AM
Jace7
Lexus Test Driver

Features: Power Brakes, Power Door Locks, Power Windows, Dual Power Seats, CD Player Mark Levinson Sound SystemPower Sunroof, Leather Wrap Steering Wheel, Power Telescoping Steering Wheel, Steering Wheel Audio Controls, Navigation System, Dual Air Bags, Side Impact Air Bags, Curtain Air Bags, Air Conditioning, Dual Climate Zones, Front Bucket Seats, Power Lumbar Seat(S), Leather Upholstery, Heated Seat(S), Air Conditioned Seats, Seat Memory, Push Button Start, Backup Sensor System, Alloy Wheels, Rear Defroster, Auto Headlamp On/Off-Delay, Console, Carpeting, Auto Rearview Mirror, Power Outside Mirrors, Map Lighting, Keyless Entry, Security System

My guess is that is doesnt have the PCS/Radar Cruise and maybe the prefered package = rear trunk cargo net/mat/floor mats.
I didn't see where it mentioned the AAAS either. THe AAAS is a must have if you opt for the 450h, but the PCS ? Radar cruise is a personal preference.

SO, just go check it out.It's probably priced around what it's worth. If they are asking a certain $$,$$$$ there is always room for negotiations. ALWAYS>

Last edited by Jace7; 03-29-07 at 09:21 AM.
Old 03-29-07, 09:50 AM
Modeler
Lexus Test Driver

I'm going to go ahead and disagree with Jace on the AAAS. It might be a "nice-to-have" feature, but at $3,500 extra it is by no means a "must have". I don't have it and I love my car.

One more correction: the hybrid parts are covered for 8 years/100K miles.

As far as the price goes, I think it is too high. What you have here is the GS450h in it's typical $60K MSRP configuration (ML+Navigation, no AAAS or adaptive cruise). I bought one for $53,000 two months ago. I can see paying $47,000 for one with 23K miles, if and only if it's in absolutely perfect condition.
Old 03-29-07, 09:55 AM
Jace7
Lexus Test Driver

Ya, ok, it's not a must have for all, but I wouldn't get it without. (just me personally). I like that no body roll sport feel. But it's not a MUST have.
thanks for correcting me on the 10 year., I thought it was 10 years, not the 8 years. and yes it's worth about 47 give or take, hopefully less if PERFECT>
Old 03-29-07, 10:11 AM
DonkeyGS
Driver School Candidate

I dont know how I missed the ML, guess I just skimmed through quickly and assumed it didn't have it because of the price.

As for the AAAS, I have read some people like it, and others are not too high on it. I think I have to get out and take them both for a test drive.

Last edited by DonkeyGS; 03-29-07 at 10:43 AM.
Old 03-29-07, 10:42 AM
Jace7
Lexus Test Driver

you're the only one that can make that decision whether it's worth the $$ or if it's a necessity in a car that is about 60K brand new. Let us know.
Old 03-29-07, 10:46 AM
DonkeyGS
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Jace7
you're the only one that can make that decision whether it's worth the $$ or if it's a necessity in a car that is about 60K brand new. Let us know.
Yep, that's why I want to drive them both and see ("feel") the difference.