Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX400H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the RX400H. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other second generation RX models.

Street Names and City Names in Nav System

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-07, 03:32 PM
nobuddy
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Street Names and City Names in Nav System

Is there a setting to get the Nav System to display more streetnames than it does. It's quite sparse at any map scale.

Even worse, if you are driving out in the country somewhere, and have the map scale set to, say 4 miles, NO city names whatsoever are displayed (even though there are towns aplenty), except for major cities.

I've looked through the manual and through every screen I can find, but haven't located a way to improve the situation.

Can someone help?

thanks,

nb
Old 04-13-07, 03:37 PM
silvervett
Lead Lap

There is a screen button to push. My cousin borrowed the car to try out the hybrid, when she gets back with my car i will look at the screen and tell you the correct (screen) button to push

OK I got my car back. I had to get in and drive it to figure out what touch sensitive screen buttons to push.

You can do this with the spilt or full screen. I prefer the split screen with two different zoom levels but the full screen sometimes give more information.
Look at the screen and you will see buttons to zoom in and out. On the bottom left corner there is a plus and the bottom right there is a minus.

Right above the plus touch sensitive screen button there are a series of buttons with symbols. The number and type of buttons varies and is dependent as to whether you are in a local neighborhood (less buttons) or on an interstate (more buttons)

The button to the left looks like a pie with a small slice missing. Look a couple buttons over and you will see something that looks like a clock (it is a depiction of a compass with lines around the edge to show the points of the compass this button (a circle with two rectangles) also has two rectangles with a dot in the upper left corner. This is the button to push, push the button and it will take you to a different screen. This screen will show your compass heading. Your latitude, longitude and it will show the state, town, road along with the number of the house you are next to

Last edited by silvervett; 04-13-07 at 04:11 PM.
Old 04-13-07, 03:41 PM
nobuddy
Rookie

Originally Posted by silvervett
There is a screen button to push. My cousin borrowed the car to try out the hybrid, when she gets back with my car i will look at the screen and tell you the correct (screen) button to push
Thanks...appreciate it!
Old 04-13-07, 04:17 PM
silvervett
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by nobuddy
Thanks...appreciate it!
I would rather not have to switch screens to get the information but at least this method will give you all the information you need. I spent a lot of time on the interstate driving back and forth between TX and NY and I experimented with pushing buttons to relieve the boredom. I stumbled on this button by accident