Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX400H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the RX400H. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other second generation RX models.

400h safety

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-07, 08:51 AM
Nextourer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

True, I was thinking sedans and wagons when I wrote that lol.

I know I know. I'm not ignoring the fact that there's a nice big battery in the rear. It's just that that battery is sealed pretty well. I know this for a fact because LACar.com did a project on the Prius. They wanted to add a subwoofer and they added the Bazooka BTA6100. Anyway, so they bolted the sub on top of the battery pack!

here's the quote: "Roadshop installer Michael Lopez disassembled the trunk area, however, and found that the battery pack is protected by dual barriers. Thus, the installer can affix the subwoofer onto the first surface without penetrating the second barrier that protects the battery pack."

So yes there may be a potential for leakage but it'll have to be a serious rear-ender to have the battery exposed in such a manner that it'll leak.

And yes I have heard of electromagnetic waves (interference?) although I never really like circuitry and associated studies so yes I've heard about it, no I don't know it in great detail.
Old 04-29-07, 04:39 AM
jim256
Lead Lap

Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts

You can get this from your dealer with a Lexus logo on the hat if you are worried about electromagnetic waves
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1879
Old 05-02-07, 09:57 AM
rxovermdx
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lovely

Jim, I think you are the one who needs that hat, It would cover-up your and your wife's brain tumors really well...With the money that you saved on gas money you can buy a portable MRI machine to scan your heads.
Old 05-02-07, 10:09 AM
rxovermdx
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

but in may not matter since you live in NC where many nuclear powerplants exist..(but I still think hat thing might work, please let us know how your idea works out).