Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX400H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the RX400H. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other second generation RX models.

Nav. and video bypass '07' 400h

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-07, 09:19 PM
thewursts
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nav. and video bypass '07' 400h

I've read a thread on someone burning thier ver 6.1 nav dvd and modifing one of the files using a file from release 5.1. Can't find that thread and was wondering if anyone has come up with a fix for the nav bypass while driving for the 07 models.
It would also be nice to bypass the nav/video so the passenger could watch a video while the car is in motion.
Very nice ride all around.
Old 05-04-07, 12:54 AM
silvervett
Lead Lap

I love the car but this is the one thing about the car I hate. The NAV thing really bothers me because it won't even allow a passenger use the NAV. I'll see if I can find the post but there is a fix that involves cutting or unlpugging a wire that will allow you to use the NAV. I will try it but I am very busy right now and don't have time to take apart a dashboard.
Old 05-04-07, 05:49 PM
MadloR
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn... I have the 6.1 on my '06 RX400h and I am kind of a DVD torrent nut. If I could get my hands on the required .dll file I would be willing to test on various DVD-r's and such etc etc etc...

Cheers,

MadloR
Old 05-05-07, 05:32 AM
Rockville1
Rookie

I have no idea if this works or not in the 400h, but I found this answer for bypassing the nav system on the 2007 Lexus GS on another website:

"Well in the GS 2007 you can bypass some of the saftey functions on the navigation system by hitting the menu key, then touching the volume icon on the touch screen, then on that interface on the left hand side (drivers side) tap the top left corner, tap the bottom left corner, then the tap the top left hand corner, then the bottome left corner... At this point an overide/service menu will appear where you can then press and hold down the override icon on the screen till it beeps. After that you can press the back space icon and be able to access the navigation and I believe a few other functions while driving as well as opening some additional override commands."

Here's a video of someone actually going thru the routine (don't know what model or year this Lexus is):
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/402266...gation_secret/

Let us know if anyone tries it.
Old 05-07-07, 01:59 PM
RX400h4Jim
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Rockville1
I have no idea if this works or not in the 400h, but I found this answer for bypassing the nav system on the 2007 Lexus GS on another website:

"Well in the GS 2007 you can bypass some of the saftey functions on the navigation system by hitting the menu key, then touching the volume icon on the touch screen, then on that interface on the left hand side (drivers side) tap the top left corner, tap the bottom left corner, then the tap the top left hand corner, then the bottome left corner... At this point an overide/service menu will appear where you can then press and hold down the override icon on the screen till it beeps. After that you can press the back space icon and be able to access the navigation and I believe a few other functions while driving as well as opening some additional override commands."

Here's a video of someone actually going thru the routine (don't know what model or year this Lexus is):
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/402266...gation_secret/

Let us know if anyone tries it.
This works every time on the 5.1 Nav system came in my 2006 400h. The 2007s (and apparently some 2006s) have the 6.1 Nav system that apparently no one has been able to figure out how to defeat this way. For very complete instructions on how to build a hybrid Nav CD (allows the 5.1 hack on a 6.1 Nav system with some performance penalties) see this thread (you will have to navigate back into the thread quite a bit): https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=216004.

Cheers,

Jim Loucks
Old 05-07-07, 09:57 PM
silvervett
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by RX400h4Jim
This works every time on the 5.1 Nav system came in my 2006 400h. The 2007s (and apparently some 2006s) have the 6.1 Nav system that apparently no one has been able to figure out how to defeat this way. For very complete instructions on how to build a hybrid Nav CD (allows the 5.1 hack on a 6.1 Nav system with some performance penalties) see this thread (you will have to navigate back into the thread quite a bit): https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=216004.

Cheers,

Jim Loucks
I have the 6.1 in my car and if anyone is willing to burn a 5.1 fix and gets the 6.1 to work I am willing to pay a reasonable price. It really gets me angry with Lexus that I am forced to pay additional money in order to get my NAV to work
Old 05-08-07, 05:23 AM
MadloR
Driver

Default charge? no way.

I am not interested in "charging" anybody, only on getting my hands on the necessary .dll or whatever config file is required to modify the 6.1 version (with the latest updated maps, like my '06 came with) with the bypassable config files from the 5.1 version...

I have many different types of burners as well as media... This 6.1 version just isn't happening, it's b.s. and renders 90% of the Navi Completely and Utterly USELESS.

Cheers,

MadloR
Old 05-08-07, 03:54 PM
silvervett
Lead Lap

I am willing to pay you for the cost of the disk and your time here is the info you need to get a 6.1 DVD that works, go to this link for the info

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...=216004&page=9

I'm glad to help. The process is very easy. Obviously, you'll need a double-layer DVD+R (I use Memorex), and the mastering program of your choice. I use Prassi "Ones". Here's the process:
Get your original v5.1 and v6.1 NavDVD's out and make sure they are clean. If not, wash them with warm soap and water and use a soft towel to DAB the extra water away.
Make a folder on your computer called "v5.1" and copy the contents of the v5.1 DVD to that folder.
Make a folder on your computer called "v6.1" and copy the contents of the v6.1 DVD to that folder.
Start your mastering program and create a new DATA DVD.
Drag all the files and folders from the v6.1 directory you created EXCEPT the LOADING.KWI file to the project.
Drag the LOADING.KWI file from the v5.1 folder to the project.
Burn the DVD+R as a "DVD Incremental - Closed", "ISO 9660 + UDF".
Here's a picture of the process in ONES that I used:
Old 05-08-07, 07:37 PM
uhohitzmik
Driver School Candidate

i would be more than able to do this. however, i dont have a v5.1 disk. would anyone be able to send me the necessary file off the v5.1 disk. once i obtain that file, i can make extra copies for whoever needs.

Mike
Old 05-10-07, 04:33 AM
MadloR
Driver

Exactly... I do not have the 5.1 disk... all you would need to do is burn a copy of one or, extract the files needed and email it...

The rest would be easy. Of course the goal would NOT be to profit, sell or distribute those disks, that would be 100% illegal. I guess modifying your own copy would probably boarder or grey, not sure... but I'm as frustrated as everyone else about the lock out...

Cheers,

MadloR
Old 05-10-07, 08:21 AM
uhohitzmik
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by MadloR
Exactly... I do not have the 5.1 disk... all you would need to do is burn a copy of one or, extract the files needed and email it...

The rest would be easy. Of course the goal would NOT be to profit, sell or distribute those disks, that would be 100% illegal. I guess modifying your own copy would probably boarder or grey, not sure... but I'm as frustrated as everyone else about the lock out...

Cheers,

MadloR
Well ye, I wasnt planning on charging people or anything. Just helping out those who may have trouble knowing how to work dvd-r's. So does anybody ahve v5.1 file available?

Mike
Old 05-11-07, 07:41 AM
static
Driver

The file was posted here, not sure if it still is...

http://toyotanation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=173730
Old 05-11-07, 07:45 AM
static
Driver

Someone I work with has a 2006 RX400h that has the older NAV. Can it be upgraded by just ordering a new 6DVD or is the entire system different?
Old 05-11-07, 09:08 AM
silvervett
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by static
Someone I work with has a 2006 RX400h that has the older NAV. Can it be upgraded by just ordering a new 6DVD or is the entire system different?
It is easy to do, all he needs to do is buy the 6.1 disk but when he changes over to the 6.1 disk he will not be able to use the NAV while the car is moving. That is what I don't like about my 6.1 NAV system. If you have the old disk you can tap the screen a few times (top left, bottom left, top left, bottom left) and bypass the motion lock out. I don't know enough about computers to do it but making a hybrid DVD will give you the best of both DVD versions.
Old 05-11-07, 10:02 AM
static
Driver

Originally Posted by silvervett
It is easy to do, all he needs to do is buy the 6.1 disk but when he changes over to the 6.1 disk he will not be able to use the NAV while the car is moving. That is what I don't like about my 6.1 NAV system. If you have the old disk you can tap the screen a few times (top left, bottom left, top left, bottom left) and bypass the motion lock out. I don't know enough about computers to do it but making a hybrid DVD will give you the best of both DVD versions.
Cool, thanks. We'll try it.

Quick Reply: Nav. and video bypass '07' 400h