Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the LS600h L model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the LS600h. Please use the main 4LS forum for discussion about shared components with other fourth generation LS models.

Anyone hear from Lexus regarding LS600hL order?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-07, 09:44 AM
zzzzdoc
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone hear from Lexus regarding LS600hL order?

I was told by my Lexus dealer, that Lexus corporate collected all the names on the LS600hL orders, and would be contacting those people with specifics (colors, options, etc.) for their orders.

That being said, I've not heard a word from them. Has anyone been contacted, or know of another method that will be used?

Last edited by zzzzdoc; 05-15-07 at 10:02 AM.
Old 05-15-07, 10:29 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I don't think they'll do that.

That is way too complicated for a limited number of cars that will be available. I doubt that Lexus will even find the LS600 profitable.

If you put your deposit in, you most likely will get first dibs on your dealer's allocation...

Last edited by PhilipMSPT; 05-15-07 at 12:36 PM.
Old 05-15-07, 10:43 AM
zzzzdoc
Lead Lap

I agree with you in principle, except my dealer was asked for their list of names, and was told that Corporate will handle all the rest. My deposit pre-dates the introduction of the 460, so I'll have dibs on the first one in my dealer's allocation, I would assume. That's their understanding.
Old 05-15-07, 11:42 AM
Helmar
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I initially made a deposit on an LS600hL about 6 months ago.

About a month ago I was contacted by the dealer, informed that I was 1st on the list, and my choice of colors and equipment was taken. I was told that delivery would be some time in June.

Then a few days ago, I was again contacted by the dealer and informed that " ... the vehicle’s production release date has been pushed back to August. Lexus explained to our (the dealer's) people that the big reason is that there are so many hand made items on the vehicle that they are just not up to speed on production yet… They expect to speed that process up obviously as time goes along but the first few are going to be a little slower ... "

HBH
Old 05-15-07, 11:52 AM
zzzzdoc
Lead Lap

My deposit was about 8 months ago. Trying the dealer again, but no one has asked for choices, colors, etc.

Heard the news stories today regarding the car being delayed until late summer (at best?).
Old 05-16-07, 07:19 AM
Bossa_Nova
Rookie

My dealer asked me to select colors and options 2 weeks ago. I had originally placed my order in April 2006. At that time, they told me the only info they had on the launch delay had come from unofficial sources and when I pressed them about the source, it was this website. LOL
Old 05-16-07, 12:39 PM
Johnny
Pole Position

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
I doubt that Lexus will even find the LS600 profitable.
Gotta agree with you there; even breaking even is not likely.

This car is more of a shot across the bow that says: "Top this guys!"
Old 05-17-07, 02:50 PM
zzzzdoc
Lead Lap

Dealer called with a different story today. Supposedly tomorrow they will take my preferences.

Anyone know if the colors are the same as the LS460L? In particular, I think I'll be interested in the Sapphire Pearl? Any strange options / choices that came up?
Old 05-17-07, 03:09 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 225 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by zzzzdoc
Dealer called with a different story today. Supposedly tomorrow they will take my preferences.

Anyone know if the colors are the same as the LS460L? In particular, I think I'll be interested in the Sapphire Pearl? Any strange options / choices that came up?
I think the Blue Sapphire Pearl will be replaced by the Black Opal for the LS600hL, they are very close to each other I suppose, the Black Opal is a dark blue, but with a more purplish hue, very nice color from the pics we saw from the auto shows.

The Truffle Mica, which is not available for the LS460/460L in the U.S., will be found in the LS600hL Launch Edition(limited to 100 units).
Old 05-17-07, 03:18 PM
zzzzdoc
Lead Lap

Is Black Opal a color that I can look at on a LS460 (or another Lexus car for that matter) at the dealership?
Old 05-17-07, 03:20 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Is Black Opal a color that I can look at on a LS460 (or another Lexus car for that matter) at the dealership?
The Black Opal is exclusive to the LS600hL .
Old 05-18-07, 10:10 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

A close-up of Black Opal I think ...

Old 05-18-07, 10:27 AM
zzzzdoc
Lead Lap

Wow. Hope it's as pretty in person. Thanks.
Old 05-19-07, 07:25 AM
zzzzdoc
Lead Lap

OK. It's official. The order is in. I guess persistence and annoying the dealer pays off. And I wouldn't have known that I was falling into the cracks without this board. Thanks one and all.

Went for Black Opal with Cashmere.

Didn't go for the executive seating (don't want the kids fighting over the right rear seat.)

Kind of bummed that it doesn't include the fridge or rear shade like my 430UL. Evidently, only the Executive seating package has those.

Delivery date, they have absolutely no clue.
Old 05-19-07, 07:42 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

OK. It's official. The order is in. I guess persistence and annoying the dealer pays off. And I wouldn't have known that I was falling into the cracks without this board. Thanks one and all.

Went for Black Opal with Cashmere.

Didn't go for the executive seating (don't want the kids fighting over the right rear seat.)

Kind of bummed that it doesn't include the fridge or rear shade like my 430UL. Evidently, only the Executive seating package has those..
According to these 2 threads below on LS600hL packages, you DO NOT have to go for the Executive Package to get the cool box(fridge) & power rear door sunshades. They are available in 2 other "premium" packages as well :

http://sr1.clublexus.com/forums/show...hlight=LS600hL

http://sr1.clublexus.com/forums/show...hlight=LS600hL

Congrats on the 600hL order & excellent paint choice

Quick Reply: Anyone hear from Lexus regarding LS600hL order?