Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX400H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the RX400H. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other second generation RX models.

Bluetooth Interference

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-07, 12:29 PM
ambler
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bluetooth Interference

Does anyone experience interference on the use of bluetooth in the car? People who listen to me in the car report a buzzing sound whenever the car is in regeneration mode and other instances.
Tony
Old 06-18-07, 10:12 AM
MadloR
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nope, no interference, but...

My first portable was the Motorola Razor on a GSM network and it was very decent on bluetooth h/f. I could not tx numbers into the navi/phone with this unit. H/F was good.

My other unit, LG Chocolat CDMA network, was HORRIBLE. Nobody could hear me. Reception was fine OFF of hands free, but bluetooth mode, fuh-get-aboud it. Huge plus, was I could tx numbers in memory.

My present unit, Blackberry 8703e CDMA has AWESOME bluetooth h/f quality. Many cannot tell I'm in h/f mode. I cannot tx numbers though like I could with the Chocolat.

Cheers,

MadloR
Old 06-19-07, 03:51 PM
cpestinger
4th Gear

Default Good God, yes

Good god yes! Using a freebe razor. It is a problem with your phone. Well its not a problem, its just the way it is with some phones. I can't explain why. Try a friend's phone and set it up as another phone in the list of Bluetooth devices (you can have multiple phones configured). Then call your old phone using the newly added bluetooth configured phone. That is what I did and found that the different (new) phone was crystal clear.
workaround: While you have the other phone in the car, call it from your primary phone configured on bluetooth. Place your primary phone in the drivers armrest and see if the noise goes away. I almost completely eliminated the noise by placing my Razor in the armrest while using bluetooth.
There might be other threads covering this in the other forums like the RX350. If you find anything else out, please post.

Colin in Kansas City

Last edited by cpestinger; 06-20-07 at 09:55 PM.
Old 07-30-08, 09:04 AM
klagana
Driver School Candidate

Default yes same problem w/bluetooth in RX400h

I've got a Blackberry and have had no luck relocating the phone in the car to reduce interference. I've also tried my husband's Chocolate and still the same problem. It sounds from the other forums I've read that it varies with phone. I wish the dealer could have just have told me that instead of saying "we know of no bluetooth interference issues with the hybrid." Between the bluetooth and my ipod integration efforts I've been really bummed with Lexus service.