Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the LS600h L model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the LS600h. Please use the main 4LS forum for discussion about shared components with other fourth generation LS models.

LS600hL Arrives

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-07, 08:39 AM
Nospinzone

Received 424 Likes on 327 Posts

Don't park it on the street! Kids on bikes and adults driving cars could run into it as the gape at it!

Congrats and good luck with it. Looking forward to reading your report.
Old 07-28-07, 10:02 AM
GS3Tek

Received 168 Likes on 127 Posts

Ohhhh, congralutations Dr. Computer

When you're done joyriding, could you put up more pictures, especially with those led headlights, and maybe some night shots for us less unfortunate ones to see?
Old 07-28-07, 11:44 AM
Dave Mac
Racer

Received 72 Likes on 64 Posts

That is a very nice car - enjoy your ride.

Dave Mac
Old 07-28-07, 07:31 PM
clexusking
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats!! I know many out here await your review. You have the fortune of an experience that the vast majority of Lexus enthusiasts and employees are counting the seconds to experience!!!!! So please, tease us with any experiences/pictures ......please!!!!
Old 07-28-07, 07:42 PM
LexusChris
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Want to trade ? Love it man!
Old 07-28-07, 10:26 PM
DrComputer
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Whew... I've driven around all day showing the car to friends and family. I've watched so many people pull up beside me and point and stare while driving down the street. It's kind of strange. Tomorrow some friends and I are going to take a road trip to Santa Barbara. I'll finally get to sit in the back seat and try the DVD player with the wireless headphones.

So my first impressions are quite good. It is very different from the GS430 I just sold. You have to get used to the CVT feeling. There's not that "downshift and go" feeling you get from a traditional V8. It almost seems like you are going slower than you actually are. Since it's soooo quiet normally, when you do floor it and actually hear the engine it sounds strange. It kind of sounds like a muffled four cylinder car. I guess I'm used to the grunt of my SLK55 AMG and the GS430.

The ride is soft and squishy... and that's not a bad thing. Since this is my "sit in traffic and ignore the world car" I don't want to feel every bump in the road. It handles like a big car....just like it should.

I've tried burning some CD's to the hard drive and it's slow as molasses, but the Mark Levinson system does sound great. I know others have said it is a bit "boomy" and I would agree with that. But unfortunately most people think if they can "feel" the bass than it must be good...so I think they engineer it that way. XM sounds like XM...crappy. DVD-A disks are the best, but there a so few things recorded on DVD-A or DTS.

I've attached a few pictures for everyone to see. Let me know if you all have specific questions or want me to look and something on the car. I'm still having fun exploring. I'll tell more after my road trip tomorrow.

Old 07-28-07, 10:38 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks for the pictures!!! The car looks great!

Rear-seat DVD with wireless headphones??? Wow!
The two-tone interior looks really nice!

Outside, I have to say these pics make the Launch Edition rims and overall look seem even better, I really like it a lot. Must be interesting to get all those stares.

Have a good road trip and thanks for sharing!
Old 07-28-07, 10:47 PM
Lexucan
Lexucanafer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

All I can say is " WOW! "

If it were mine, I'd be living in it for the first month so I could play with all the gadgets day and night!

Enjoy! (of course, that goes without saying!)
Old 07-28-07, 10:55 PM
Johnny
Pole Position

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Here's one... Post a pic of the LEDs on at night...

We're all eyes...
Old 07-28-07, 11:23 PM
LexusChris
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Do I see a scratch on the rear bumper I hope not!
Old 07-29-07, 12:49 AM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

If it is, it's on a minor locale...and can be touched up. But it may just be a reflection or some dirt.

I like that they put the Launch Edition tag centered nicely, I think there are also special Launch Edition mats IIRC.

Have you tried EV mode yet?
Old 07-29-07, 07:43 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by Burnaby
Here's one... Post a pic of the LEDs on at night...

We're all eyes...
Yeah, I'd like to see pics of those LED's in the dark too
Old 07-29-07, 07:48 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by enigma888
If it is, it's on a minor locale...and can be touched up. But it may just be a reflection or some dirt.

I like that they put the Launch Edition tag centered nicely,
To be honest, I think the Launch Edition tag makes it look too busy there where it's placed now.
Maybe they should have considered another location, like on the retractable door that covers the ashtray/lighter for example ?
Old 07-29-07, 08:00 AM
DrComputer
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's just dirt on the bumper... no scratches yet. The "Launch Edition" tag is glued on pretty well. I think I'd damage the console if I tried to remove it. Yes, it does have special "Launch Edition" floor mats. They even give you two sets of them. I guess since they are unique you can't just order another set when the first ones wear out.

I'll try to grab the camera tonight and get a picture of the LED lights in action. They actually don't look that different from regular XEON lights at night. Since the LED's are housed behind projector-like lenses, they just look like project lights when they are actually on. I'll take some pics and you guys can judge for yourselves.
Old 07-29-07, 12:18 PM
Craig B
Pole Position

Received 54 Likes on 38 Posts

Let us know how bright the LED's are. I am curious how they compare to our xenon lights.

Thanks,

Craig

Quick Reply: LS600hL Arrives