Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX400H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the RX400H. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other second generation RX models.

How I installed Lockpick3 in my 2007 400h

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-07, 09:29 AM
Michael J.
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How I installed Lockpick3 in my 2007 400h

From reading these forums, I learned that many of you are as displeased with the Lexus disabled functions while moving as I was. I have a 2007 RX400h with navigation, Mark Levinson stereo, DVD player. I had a dealer install the Vais Soundlinq2 SL2i device to allow ipod play. That was installed in the dash and glove box. I wondered if I could also use the coastal electronics device to disable I Agree and allow use of destination features while moving. Coastal said the only choice for my vehicle was the Basic Lockpick3, see http://www.coastaletech.com/lockpick3.htm[/URL]. They make other ones, but apparently not compatible with the 2007 400h. I thought I could possibly help a few of you who would like to install this device in the 2007 RX 400 H.

Maybe this was obvious to everyone else, but the most important bit of information I can pass on is that the device needs to be attached to the navigation disc player, which is located in the trunk of the 2007 RX 400H, at least it is in my vehicle. You will find it beneath the container holding the tire jack. I guess I am not very mechanically inclined, because it took me a good 40 minutes to figure out how to lift the tire jack container up enough to access the navigation disc player. Another tip I would like to pass on is that the navigation disc player is sliver. Don't make the mistake I did and try to disconnect the brake power box, which is black. It is just a matter of unplugging the white connector from the disk player, plugging in the lockpick3 and then plugging the original connector into the lockpick3 female end. I restarted my car and was glad to see no smoke or fire. Leave it running for 60 seconds while the navigation disk player reboots. The next time you start the car the I AGREE will disappear in about 2 seconds. Nice! I have 2 photos of the location but could only figure out how to attach one to this message. Good luck, it is possible and it does work. Why couldn't Lexus have done this for us?
Attached Thumbnails How I installed Lockpick3 in my 2007 400h-img_0165-2-.jpg  
Old 09-15-07, 05:29 PM
Bear60
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Cool. Thanks for sharing and the tips.
Old 09-15-07, 10:54 PM
SixEcho
Driver School Candidate

Old 09-16-07, 07:25 AM
silvervett
Lead Lap

Please clarify, Are the only places that you need to get to to make the connections the rear area? Or did you have to take the dash board apart?
Old 09-16-07, 07:31 AM
silvervett
Lead Lap

They ask for a coupon code at checkout, does this forum have some kind of discount agreement or discount code with lockpick?
Old 09-16-07, 08:13 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 156 Likes on 116 Posts

p.s. what kind of features it enables? bluetoot, nav?
Old 09-16-07, 08:57 AM
Michael J.
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by silvervett
Please clarify, Are the only places that you need to get to to make the connections the rear area? Or did you have to take the dash board apart?
All the connections are made in the rear. You do not touch the dash to install lockpick3 in the 400h. Other Lexus models may require dash access. It depends on where the navi player is located. It is located in the rear under the jack container in the 400h.
Old 09-16-07, 08:58 AM
Michael J.
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by silvervett
They ask for a coupon code at checkout, does this forum have some kind of discount agreement or discount code with lockpick?
I am not aware of any coupon or discount.
Old 09-16-07, 09:01 AM
Michael J.
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by spwolf
p.s. what kind of features it enables? bluetoot, nav?
Lockpick3 basic takes away I Agree and enables navi while in motion. Does not enable bluetooth. But here is something I have learned about the bluetooth enabled phones: you can pick up the phone itself, dial the number, and then have your conversation hands free over the car speakers while you roll on down the road.
Old 09-16-07, 09:26 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

i know about that, thanks for the info!
Old 09-16-07, 09:27 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

p.s. how happy are you with your 400h?
Old 09-16-07, 09:55 AM
Michael J.
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by spwolf
p.s. how happy are you with your 400h?
I bought the car for my wife and she loves it. We had a somewhat disappointing dealer experience. I find the lawyerized disabled features really annoying, but other than those few things, it is a great car. Acceleration with the electric motor is really good.
Old 09-16-07, 10:54 AM
silvervett
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Michael J.
I bought the car for my wife and she loves it. We had a somewhat disappointing dealer experience. I find the lawyerized disabled features really annoying, but other than those few things, it is a great car. Acceleration with the electric motor is really good.
I love the RX400H and was already thinking about the next Lexus I would when I signed the paperwork for the car. I figured in 3 years I would switch to a GS or an LS hybrid. But the lawerized lock uots have made me fed up with a car that I really love to drive.
Old 09-16-07, 11:49 AM
SugarRush
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Michael J.
From reading these forums, I learned that many of you are as displeased with the Lexus disabled functions while moving as I was. I have a 2007 RX400h with navigation, Mark Levinson stereo, DVD player. I had a dealer install the Vais Soundlinq2 SL2i device to allow ipod play. That was installed in the dash and glove box. I wondered if I could also use the coastal electronics device to disable I Agree and allow use of destination features while moving. Coastal said the only choice for my vehicle was the Basic Lockpick3, see http://www.coastaletech.com/lockpick3.htm[/URL]. They make other ones, but apparently not compatible with the 2007 400h. I thought I could possibly help a few of you who would like to install this device in the 2007 RX 400 H.

Maybe this was obvious to everyone else, but the most important bit of information I can pass on is that the device needs to be attached to the navigation disc player, which is located in the trunk of the 2007 RX 400H, at least it is in my vehicle. You will find it beneath the container holding the tire jack. I guess I am not very mechanically inclined, because it took me a good 40 minutes to figure out how to lift the tire jack container up enough to access the navigation disc player. Another tip I would like to pass on is that the navigation disc player is sliver. Don't make the mistake I did and try to disconnect the brake power box, which is black. It is just a matter of unplugging the white connector from the disk player, plugging in the lockpick3 and then plugging the original connector into the lockpick3 female end. I restarted my car and was glad to see no smoke or fire. Leave it running for 60 seconds while the navigation disk player reboots. The next time you start the car the I AGREE will disappear in about 2 seconds. Nice! I have 2 photos of the location but could only figure out how to attach one to this message. Good luck, it is possible and it does work. Why couldn't Lexus have done this for us?
Very good writeup! Very clear photos!

I just hope the Lexus/Toyota person who is lurking this forum wont block this lockpick3 kit in the next Map CD ver 7 update
Old 09-16-07, 06:33 PM
silvervett
Lead Lap

This is my first Lexus but I have owned a lot of high end cars. I was thinking of getting a GS or LS as my next car when I no longer needed the room of an SUV but the lawyer lock outs have changed my mind about getting another Lexus. If anyone from Lexus reads this I hope they think about all the future sales they will miss.

Quick Reply: How I installed Lockpick3 in my 2007 400h