Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the LS600h L model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the LS600h. Please use the main 4LS forum for discussion about shared components with other fourth generation LS models.

Florida LS600hL in Black Opal spotted - Mystery Solved

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-07 | 07:59 PM
zzzzdoc
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by enigma888
You were quite coy with the order! I admire the subtlety, smooth operator. When you said you "could not confirm or deny" it sounded to me like perhaps you have put out some feelers on the vehicle but someone else had picked it up.
My understanding is that is the language that the US Navy uses to get around countries that don't want our subs with nuclear weapons in their territorial waters. They don't officially lie to any country, they just issue the exact same non-denial, denial to everyone. I've found it to be a good line for certain occasions when you can't officially confirm info, but don't want to be on record denying it either.
Old 09-29-07 | 08:15 PM
zzzzdoc
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Robarapta
Congratulations

Please show us some high resolution pics of the car if you can.
They can be uploaded to the Club Lexus gallery so we can see the original high-res. pics :https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=232724
Been trying to upload, but it's not letting me. Not sure why. I click on OK to upload the images, then it starts uploading but says it can't find the website in the middle of uploading.
Old 09-29-07 | 08:35 PM
NexVision
Rookie

I was at Palm Beach Lexus today and they got in a silver LS600HL in they had one in a couple weeks ago to so maybe thats the one your seeing.
Old 09-29-07 | 10:18 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

here are the pictures that doc sent me. since our system is so brilliant (aka buggy) it really can't take big sizes at all, and i have to do trial and error several times to get lower res pics... sorry guys...

Old 09-29-07 | 10:21 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

btw, doc, from the 2nd pic, i have to ask. the reflections from the trunk shows the paint is pretty wavy?

but regardless, i have to say, my focus really had been on the house
Old 09-29-07 | 10:26 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Nice pics!!! I love the sparkle that comes out of there, and also the color reflections. It reminds me of a black diamond effect, where there's more than immediately meets the eye, or a special sheen underneath the surface (non-technical terminology here).

Also the side pic with the doors, I like the interesting match between the exterior and interior chrome door handles. Nice photo composition.

And the house is great...actually this whole photo looks like the professional publicity shots, where they use a similar house!

Yeah there is a resolution limit, a few days ago I tried some pics and the connection failed, turned out it was too big a file.
Old 09-29-07 | 10:33 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Really nice car & house too
Old 09-29-07 | 11:21 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by zzzzdoc
Yes, and public thanks to Joe Z for finding it. I think it would have been months and months before I would have seen one from Lexus of Clearwater.
Sorry to have been so cagy about it. There were issues. They'll either get resolved, or I'll get real public. For now, I'm playing things close to the vest.

The color is quite beautiful. But really needs sunlight to show it off. At night, indeed it looks black. And it looks bluish-black in overcast. But when point sources of light hit it, all those amazing colors come through.
Well I guess an official public Congratulations is now in order!!!

Just so you know I sat in your car twice and almost bought it...
However, it certainly did not fit it my garage and I just couldn't buy two New Lexus cars all in ONE day..

The color is truly amazing!!

Although, I appreciate your "public thanks" for finding the car over 2,500 miles away from you, "referrals" are usually given with the potential buyer’s best interest in mind..
Using my referral at the dealership would have been much more beneficial.

Again Congratulations & Best Wishes !!

- Joe Z
Old 09-29-07 | 11:36 PM
GS3Tek

Thumbs up

BTW, I had left everyone a big clue it was me all last week. I changed my signature to say the LS600hL, but without the (on order) part. No one noticed.
Congrats on the black opal zzzzdoc. That is indeed one beautiful color

I thought you were a little too close standing in someone's driveway and taking the back of the car. That neighbor would've called the cops on you

Actually from the last thread, I thought this was a dead giveway
Didn't even notice the change in the sig
No one's reported seeing my Lambo reaching LA, so I'm looking less and less guilty.
Old 09-29-07 | 11:55 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

Originally Posted by Joe Z
Well I guess an official public Congratulations is now in order!!!

Just so you know I sat in your car twice and almost bought it...
However, it certainly did not fit it my garage and I just couldn't buy two New Lexus cars all in ONE day..

The color is truly amazing!!

Although, I appreciate your "public thanks" for finding the car over 2,500 miles away from you, "referrals" are usually given with the potential buyer’s best interest in mind..
Using my referral at the dealership would have been much more beneficial.

Again Congratulations & Best Wishes !!

- Joe Z
lol, zzzz..... so i am am sure now you can explain those scratches on your interior trim
Old 09-30-07 | 12:04 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by GS3Tek
Congrats on the black opal zzzzdoc. That is indeed one beautiful color

I thought you were a little too close standing in someone's driveway and taking the back of the car. That neighbor would've called the cops on you

Actually from the last thread, I thought this was a dead giveway
Didn't even notice the change in the sig
Actually I always suspected he was just being coy, that's why I aked : https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...7&postcount=61 . . .
& I did noticed he changed his sig. to without (on order), & that he will probably reveal himself when he finally got the car
Old 09-30-07 | 12:04 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by rominl
lol, zzzz..... so i am am sure now you can explain those scratches on your interior trim
Huh??

I was only in it to take the 1st set of Spy Photos when I found the 1st US spec Black Opal LS600h L
(before anyone on here knew the car existed)

Actually I always suspected he was just being coy. .
& I did noticed he changed his sig. to without (on order), & that he will probably reveal himself when he finally got the car
^^ Agreed

Last edited by Joe Z; 09-30-07 at 12:10 AM.
Old 09-30-07 | 12:11 AM
GS3Tek

Actually I always suspected he was just being coy, that's why I aked : https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...7&postcount=61 . . .
Yeah, I caught that from you too......he sorta brushed it off
Old 09-30-07 | 12:19 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

Originally Posted by Joe Z
Huh??

I was only in it to take the 1st set of Spy Photos when I found the 1st US spec Black Opal LS600h L
(before anyone on here knew the car existed)

^^ Agreed
lol take it easy joe
Old 09-30-07 | 05:32 AM
zzzzdoc
Lead Lap

Yeah, didn't need this to be a top secret, but don't like counting chickens until they've hatched.

The finish was due to extremely hard work on my part. About 14 hours worth. Let's just say what arrived wasn't desirable in regards to finish.

Oh and Joe, clean the bottom of your shoes next time before sitting in my car.

As far as the wavy/orange peel effect on the paint, interesting story there. About 2 weeks ago a friend of mine bought a new Sienna. I helped him detail the car, and he was stunned at how nice it turned out. I told him I liked it too, but the only thing I didn't like was the orange peel on the paint. Not the worst I've seen Corvettes) but Toyota should do better.

We then drove to a Home Depot and looked at all the cars (without getting arrested). Every single one had the wavy/orange peel effect on it. Every one. Some better than others, but all had it. From Chevy to Ferrari (who brings a Ferrari to a Home Depot???), Mercedes to Lexus, Ford to Porsche. All had wavy paint.

My LS430UL has some, but not a lot. The LS600hL also has some, but not tons. I'd say better than 90% of cars. As people on detailing forums will tell you price of a car and finish aren't related.

The only car I've seen outside of a car show or auto detailing forum now without orange peel is my Lambo. I have to look at some more Audis. Their clear coat is a pain to work with because it's rock hard, but here's a picture of an R8 with no orange peel at all:

Don't know why Lexus can get the quality control so good on the rest of the car, yet put out interesting but poorly implemented color paint schemes.

Quick Reply: Florida LS600hL in Black Opal spotted - Mystery Solved