Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the LS600h L model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the LS600h. Please use the main 4LS forum for discussion about shared components with other fourth generation LS models.

Florida LS600hL in Black Opal spotted - Mystery Solved

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-07, 04:18 PM
zzzzdoc
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Florida LS600hL in Black Opal spotted - Mystery Solved

So, go figure. Not far from my house, I saw the mystery LS600hL in Black Opal. The mystery is apparently solved. It is, indeed, the same car from California.

Took a few quick pictures before anyone noticed. It definitely is the Black Opal. Stunning in person:

Last edited by zzzzdoc; 09-29-07 at 04:23 PM.
Old 09-29-07, 04:31 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Nice...

Are you sure you don't know the owner...the window sticker makes it seem familiar...

Bit of a coincidence it ended up so close to you. Unless your neighbors have similar tastes?
Old 09-29-07, 04:36 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 218 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by enigma888
Nice...

Are you sure you don't know the owner...the window sticker makes it seem familiar...
yeah, that's what I'm wondering too , & it still has the window sticker on it ... hmmm ...
Old 09-29-07, 04:38 PM
zzzzdoc
Lead Lap

It is awfully close to my house. 15 feet or so, I think. Hang on a second and I'll pace it off.
Old 09-29-07, 04:52 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

So it IS yours!!!! Hehe, lol...next to the Lambo, perhaps???

Congratulations!!!

Your house looks nice too!

Pics of the beauty in the showroom: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...=305503&page=3

Last edited by encore888; 09-29-07 at 04:57 PM.
Old 09-29-07, 05:00 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Congratulations

Please show us some high resolution pics of the car if you can.
They can be uploaded to the Club Lexus gallery so we can see the original high-res. pics :https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=232724
Old 09-29-07, 05:07 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

The car looks amazing in these pics, especially the paint job. Can't imagine how great that paint work looks in real life.
Old 09-29-07, 05:17 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Indeed, many of us were raving about how the Black Opal color really is one-of-a-kind.
Old 09-29-07, 06:44 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

wow, congratulations on the car, so it's yours huh? very nice!!!!!!
Old 09-29-07, 06:51 PM
zzzzdoc
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Robarapta
Congratulations

Please show us some high resolution pics of the car if you can.
They can be uploaded to the Club Lexus gallery so we can see the original high-res. pics .
I'll work on it. I need a better backdrop to take the pictures.

Sorry to have been so cagy about it. There were issues. They'll either get resolved, or I'll get real public. For now, I'm playing things close to the vest.

The color is quite beautiful. But really needs sunlight to show it off. At night, indeed it looks black. And it looks bluish-black in overcast. But when point sources of light hit it, all those amazing colors come through.

Wouldn't fit next to the Lambo. Both are way too wide. Actually, for some reason I thought the LS600hL would be the same length as the LS430. Nope, not even close. Barely fits in my garage. Good thing it has the ultrasonic distance sensors. Whew!!!!

Oh, and BTW, that trunk is TINY!!!!!!!! I guess I'll be playing golf in twosomes from now on.

Last edited by zzzzdoc; 09-29-07 at 06:55 PM.
Old 09-29-07, 06:53 PM
zzzzdoc
Lead Lap

BTW, I had left everyone a big clue it was me all last week. I changed my signature to say the LS600hL, but without the (on order) part. No one noticed.
Old 09-29-07, 06:57 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

LOL, stop being quiet about it so you like the color huh? does the car shine well during the day?

the lwb version is indeed quite a bit longer than the ls430!!!! thank god it fits, otherwise it's time to shop for a new home
Old 09-29-07, 07:01 PM
zzzzdoc
Lead Lap

Car really does shine during the day. What I need is wider garages. No clue how I'll be able to do that, but I really need to.

I must have looked at the specs for the SWB LS600. I remember the sizes being only a fraction of an inch different. Boy, got that one wrong.
Old 09-29-07, 07:23 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by zzzzdoc
I'll work on it. I need a better backdrop to take the pictures.

Sorry to have been so cagy about it. There were issues. They'll either get resolved, or I'll get real public. For now, I'm playing things close to the vest.

The color is quite beautiful. But really needs sunlight to show it off. At night, indeed it looks black. And it looks bluish-black in overcast. But when point sources of light hit it, all those amazing colors come through.
That sounds similar to the Twilight Amethyst Pearl on my SC, it looks amazing under the sun, I think the difference is mine is a deep reddish purple whereas the Black Opal is a deep bluish purple, can't wait for a chance to see a Black Opal in person, but don't know when I would get a chance .
So far I've seen in person more Obsidian 600hL's than any other color ...
Old 09-29-07, 07:40 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Congrats again! Hope you get the ordering etc. details finalized ok. Yes this is quite a unique color, very desirable and I think they used that for the LS 600h L official launch ceremonies in several countries.

Originally Posted by zzzzdoc
BTW, I had left everyone a big clue it was me all last week. I changed my signature to say the LS600hL, but without the (on order) part. No one noticed.
You were quite coy with the order! I admire the subtlety, smooth operator. When you said you "could not confirm or deny" it sounded to me like perhaps you have put out some feelers on the vehicle but someone else had picked it up.

Also the list of cars you have is quite nice but my eyes glazed over once I saw the Lambo...dreaming.

It's a good thing at least the car does fit in your garage, and yes golf is best in twosomes now because the trunk is designed around a Japanese exec's golfing habits.

Quick Reply: Florida LS600hL in Black Opal spotted - Mystery Solved