Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the LS600h L model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the LS600h. Please use the main 4LS forum for discussion about shared components with other fourth generation LS models.

LS600HL -What a "Ride"

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-07, 12:34 PM
rgorgens
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS600HL -What a "Ride"

I have had my Black w/Black LS600HL about 4 weeks. This was the 1st that the Lexus of Pembroke Pines, FL got in and certainly one of the 1st in the State. I am 60 and have not been in love with a car since high school until NOW. What a piece of work.... Quiet doesn't come close to describing the interior noise level. It loves to cruise at 90. At 110 it is so sure footed that you think you are going 80. At max accelleration with the CVT you are hard pressed to pull over 2500 RPM on the tach.

I love the Adaptive cruise control. Will even break the car if someone pulls in front of you or the person in front breaks. I took it across the state, found a hero going 85, set mine to 90, puilled in back of him and didn't hit the break for over an hour.

The quiet interior is especially usefull when trying to set up the park assist on a busy street to keep the honking people in back of you from driving you crazy. Likewise the auto-door locks will keep them from beating you up.

Worth every penny......

Old 09-30-07, 12:37 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts

Congrats on your awesome new car , glad you're enjoying it a lot & welcome to Club Lexus !!
Old 09-30-07, 01:59 PM
zzzzdoc
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by rgorgens
I have had my Black w/Black LS600HL about 4 weeks. This was the 1st that the Lexus of Pembroke Pines, FL got in and certainly one of the 1st in the State. I am 60 and have not been in love with a car since high school until NOW. What a piece of work.... Quiet doesn't come close to describing the interior noise level. It loves to cruise at 90. At 110 it is so sure footed that you think you are going 80. At max accelleration with the CVT you are hard pressed to pull over 2500 RPM on the tach.

I love the Adaptive cruise control. Will even break the car if someone pulls in front of you or the person in front breaks. I took it across the state, found a hero going 85, set mine to 90, puilled in back of him and didn't hit the break for over an hour.

The quiet interior is especially usefull when trying to set up the park assist on a busy street to keep the honking people in back of you from driving you crazy. Likewise the auto-door locks will keep them from beating you up.

Worth every penny......

Ah, Alligator Alley.

Congrats on your LS600hL. Can't wait to take mine to your neck of the woods going the other way.

Have you gotten any tinting for the windows? It appears to come with some, but I'm not sure what %. In any case, not enough for down here.
Old 09-30-07, 02:09 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Congrats on your new car and thanks for sharing your impressions!
Old 09-30-07, 03:07 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

congrats on your car and welcome to clublexus! glad you love the car a lot and the quietness wins your heart it seems
Old 09-30-07, 05:07 PM
Helmar
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rgorgens
I love the Adaptive cruise control. Will even break the car if someone pulls in front of you or the person in front breaks. I took it across the state, found a hero going 85, set mine to 90, pulled in back of him and didn't hit the break for over an hour.
Congratulations on your new LS600hL. We must have gotten them at about the same time.

You're right about the adaptive cruise control. It' almost makes you "Ticket proof"! Between that and the brake assist, my foot's off of either of the pedals quite often.

I share your opinion of the CVT. It's awesome!
Old 09-30-07, 06:12 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Also from my experience at test drives, this LS pulls off a black interior quite well, add the leather dash as well for a very rich look. And yes, the cruise control is a very helpful feature.
Old 09-30-07, 09:30 PM
350Dave
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have more than an average number of miles driving in South Florida for a "Yankee" - (BTW, Go YANKEES!!!), and I love the roads. However, I have yet to drive a solid hour without an octogenarian doing 55 in the left lane, usually with the right blinker on for at least 10 minutes. I think they are paid by the FHP to work as a rolling roadblock!
Old 10-01-07, 05:03 AM
Helmar
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 350Dave
I have more than an average number of miles driving in South Florida for a "Yankee" - (BTW, Go YANKEES!!!), and I love the roads. However, I have yet to drive a solid hour without an octogenarian doing 55 in the left lane, usually with the right blinker on for at least 10 minutes. I think they are paid by the FHP to work as a rolling roadblock!
Try living in Red Sox country and being a Yankee fan! (Go Yankees)

The blinker is one of the few negatives I noted on the electronic questionnaire from Lexus. The cancellation mechanism is less aggressive than any other car I've owned and all too often I have to cancel the signal myself after "less then full" turn.

HBH
Old 10-01-07, 05:34 AM
zzzzdoc
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Helmar
Try living in Red Sox country and being a Yankee fan! (Go Yankees)

The blinker is one of the few negatives I noted on the electronic questionnaire from Lexus. The cancellation mechanism is less aggressive than any other car I've owned and all too often I have to cancel the signal myself after "less then full" turn.

HBH
Try living in Yankee country and being a Red Sox fan (Go Sox!!!)

Haven't paid attention on the 600, but on my LS430 the problem I noticed was that the blinker was too quiet. When it accidentally was left on, you don't notice it for miles. And, before you ask, no one will ever accuse me of going 55 in the left lane.
Old 10-01-07, 08:49 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by zzzzdoc
Try living in Yankee country and being a Red Sox fan (Go Sox!!!)

Haven't paid attention on the 600, but on my LS430 the problem I noticed was that the blinker was too quiet. When it accidentally was left on, you don't notice it for miles. And, before you ask, no one will ever accuse me of going 55 in the left lane.
the one in the 460/600 is just as quiet, if not quieter @_@
Old 10-01-07, 08:58 AM
zzzzdoc
Lead Lap

I might as well just leave it on now to save time.
Old 10-01-07, 10:45 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by zzzzdoc
I might as well just leave it on now to save time.
make sure you put hazard on then
Old 10-01-07, 04:08 PM
greyBLITZ
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Gotta love the acoustic isolation! I read an interesting article about how a Lexus really comforts and shields the driver from the honking haha. I wish I could have one of these
Old 10-01-07, 04:26 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Which article talks about the quiet and honking? I'm interested in that. There are so many ways they make the car quiet.

Quick Reply: LS600HL -What a "Ride"