Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the LS600h L model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the LS600h. Please use the main 4LS forum for discussion about shared components with other fourth generation LS models.

LS600hL Availability

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-08 | 08:28 PM
jeshie7
Rookie

i dont know your situation with the deposit but.... usually new car dealerships have a refundable deposit, unless stated so when deposit was given. If you dont take delivery of the car they have to give it back especially cause you still haven't got your car. You should contact the GM and he should refund you on the spot depending on you deposit amount. btw i think there was one 600 delivered at lexus of wilmington (Delaware). In December When i was in Va. i stopped by charles lexus i think it was, they told me they had about 3 delivered 2 of which were black opal to the same person!

jesh
Old 02-26-08 | 01:53 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Lightbulb

This INSIDER also knows that the dealership you got it from in So. Cal.....

...has had 3 more Black Opal LS 600hL's since Sept 2007. (along with other colors)

Which eventually SOLD, but for a while they enjoyed the air conditioned Showroom Floor.
And as a matter of fact there is another Black Opal there now...

Your post & experience also tells me who ever was ordering your LS does/did not know what they are/were doing... They are supposed to fill their allocation with your order request... and if cars are sitting in CA un-sold, why were they not filling your order..!?!

Are you also saying that they kept your deposit for a car that your ordered, BUT never came in for you???

Joe Z

Originally Posted by zzzzdoc
Had a wierd call from my local dealer. While they were on the phone, I asked them when the LS600hL I had ordered was delivered. Insiders here know that I gave up waiting and bought mine from CA and had it shipped. I was told that the dealer has received no LS600hLs since they received a single silver one in September. The black Opal I ordered in May, and put a deposit on 15 months ago has never been delivered.

Anyone else think this is odd? Are other dealerships getting these cars and mine is low on the totum pole?

In a related question, has anyone else seen a Black Opal LS600hL besides mine? I've only seen that one silver one, and none on the road.
Old 02-27-08 | 07:29 AM
zzzzdoc
Lead Lap

Oh I'll get my deposit back. One way or another. Not really worried about it. I never called to ask for it back, so that when they did call me I could act like I never got the LS600hL and when did my Black Opal one come in, and why did they call. The answer, it turns out, was never. If it had come in, then why haven't you called me or refunded my deposit. Either way, they haven't looked too good.

As far as the competance of the dealership. I think we can all figure that part out for ourselves.

Oh, and thanks for the info Joe. Still pretty darn rare car, especially in Black Opal.