Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX400H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the RX400H. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other second generation RX models.

Backup camera .. someone have an image of ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-08, 05:43 AM
dudeman
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Backup camera .. someone have an image of ?

Here in Hong Kong we have the privilege of paying more for less options and much later model changes. Paid equivalent of 65k for our 2007 RX400H, the first model year for HK market ... we don't get voice-navi or the back-up camera (along with who knows what goodies you guys got).

So, anyway -- the M/L headset decided to eat CD #2 a week ago and has been removed by the local dealer to be sent out for repair ..

While I'm staring at the gaping hole in the certer console, I got the idea just to go ahead and install an after-market sound system .. choosing between the 2 x DIN JVC and ALPINE. Prolly gonna go with the ALPINE. Anyhoot, both head units have back-up camera inpu, so here comes my question:

Can someone get me an image of the factory back-up camera, so I can see how the factory set-up is like so I can direct the installer to try and emulate as possible ?

Thanks~! and sorry for the long winded lead-up ..
Old 05-10-08, 10:12 AM
Jamese777
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by dudeman
Here in Hong Kong we have the privilege of paying more for less options and much later model changes. Paid equivalent of 65k for our 2007 RX400H, the first model year for HK market ... we don't get voice-navi or the back-up camera (along with who knows what goodies you guys got).

So, anyway -- the M/L headset decided to eat CD #2 a week ago and has been removed by the local dealer to be sent out for repair ..

While I'm staring at the gaping hole in the certer console, I got the idea just to go ahead and install an after-market sound system .. choosing between the 2 x DIN JVC and ALPINE. Prolly gonna go with the ALPINE. Anyhoot, both head units have back-up camera inpu, so here comes my question:

Can someone get me an image of the factory back-up camera, so I can see how the factory set-up is like so I can direct the installer to try and emulate as possible ?

Thanks~! and sorry for the long winded lead-up ..
If you go to Ebay's website, click on "ebay motors" and click on cars and trucks and enter "Lexus RX 400H" you'll see plenty of pictures on used RX 400H's for sale of the back up camera in action on models that come with that option. Dealers and private sellers always advertise that their model has that option.
I hope that helps.
Old 05-10-08, 09:04 PM
dudeman
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for that .. I thought of that and I checked the US Lexus website as well. I found shots of the camera view itself on the LCD in the center console, but what I was after was an photo of the interior of the back-up camera itself which from the angle of images it took, was mounted in the headliner aft compartment of the interior. Again, I'm after how-to/where-to mount an after-market camera properly.
Old 05-10-08, 10:19 PM
oldcajun
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

The camera is mounted outside the car on the rear hatch near the license plate. It is so small it is usually unnoticed.
Steve