Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the GS450H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the GS450H. Please use the main 3GS forum for discussion about shared components with other third generation GS models.

20x10 won't fit gs450h with tanabe nf210

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-08, 01:03 PM
nardeezy
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Personally, your car is way too valuable to be wearing Konig's.
Old 05-22-08, 01:40 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

KONIG?!?! you gotta be kidding me. you had mb, bmw, and now lexus, don't touch konig... get some real deals...
Old 05-22-08, 03:34 PM
4ntvings
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by chopperpl
you rub with a stance like that? i can understand if you have heavy passengers in the back, the rear will drop more. the rears dont look too aggressive. maybe you can take a side pic to see if the rears are flush with the panel or sunken in a bit.

also, can i ask why are you set on these wheels? are you in a hurry to get a set? the best advice, imho i can offer, be patient when mod'ing-you'll save time and $$$ and it really will be all worth it in the end. all in all, GL

i know it's a different gen GS, but my 2GS rear is on 10s, tires are a tad tucked and i dont rub at all (my wheels are not flush w/the panel/fender).
Old 05-22-08, 04:17 PM
link13
Lead Lap

Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts

Come on! Rubbing is racing.
Old 05-22-08, 06:47 PM
chopperpl
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

YES, I was in the hurry... and I'm very unhappy. They are on sale now $200 less than I paid for. More pics below...

Old 05-22-08, 07:00 PM
chopperpl
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by 4ntvings
you rub with a stance like that? i can understand if you have heavy passengers in the back, the rear will drop more. the rears dont look too aggressive. maybe you can take a side pic to see if the rears are flush with the panel or sunken in a bit.

also, can i ask why are you set on these wheels? are you in a hurry to get a set? the best advice, imho i can offer, be patient when mod'ing-you'll save time and $$$ and it really will be all worth it in the end. all in all, GL

i know it's a different gen GS, but my 2GS rear is on 10s, tires are a tad tucked and i dont rub at all (my wheels are not flush w/the panel/fender).
This one doesn't rub, however, when the wheel was pushed all the way up it did make a contact in the spot shown on the pic below... I have not experienced any rubbing yet, but if I get some passengers in the car I will be listening for sure...

Old 05-22-08, 07:47 PM
chopperpl
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by rominl
KONIG?!?! you gotta be kidding me. you had mb, bmw, and now lexus, don't touch konig... get some real deals...
Tell me about it... lack of experience kicks butts all the time...
I did not feel comfortable ordering $3-4k wheels on line without knowing the right size. I've been looking for perfect specs on 20s for 450h for almost 3 weeks now, and still could not come up with right numbers. Most of all setups on CL are not hybrids. My major concern was the combo of tanabe + difference in weight. I was trying to get some feedback from guys with similar setup, but did not get any... so, I went fishing by myself.
I went to 3 different wheel shops on Rt46 in NJ, but only one was reasonable. The guy showed me 20x10 that I fell in love with, but after the test for rubbing failed the same guy told me car sits too low NONE of 20s would fit. Well... I remembered one guy from CL with a hybrid, but he was on 19s, and I did not recall anybody on 20s. My next thought was coilovers, but that was dismissed very quickly. After few minutes full of tears I just popped the question about 19s, and here we go...
Hopefully someone will buy them, so I will get a chance to go shopping for wheels again... this time with some experience
Old 05-22-08, 08:14 PM
chopperpl
Pit Crew

The offset on these wheels is 40... but I can't tell you what it was on 20s. They come in 42, 38, 35, 30, 20... I assume 35 through 42 would work, but after seeing 19s +40 wit that little clearance (when pressed) then I don't know what to think now...
pic of the wheel:
http://www.mimousa.com/products/wheels/2934-3_b.jpg

Another pic...
Old 05-22-08, 08:29 PM
chopperpl
Pit Crew

After all, I have to tell you I really enjoy the ride comfort. I see very little difference from the stock tires. Maybe that's because tires were more expensive than rims... However, if 20s would feel the same way I would be pissed even more...
Old 05-22-08, 09:01 PM
4ntvings
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by chopperpl
thats an odd place to rub in the rears. usually, i'd imagine rubbing to occur near the top center of the well

sorry, i'm confused now. did you buy the wheels and they are 19s and rear offset is +40? in the side pic you just took, the wheel appears sunken into the well. my logic is this (and i could be wrong, mind you): as in my case whereas my rears are not flush with my fender, due to my fair amt of camber, when i go over uneven roads and what not, the wheel should camber in/out-result, more negative camber avoiding the rubbing issue in rear...so far, no rear rubbing for me

oh, isnt D2 (CL vendor) in your neck of the woods? call derrick there, he can help you out.
Old 05-23-08, 12:40 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

thats an odd place to rub in the rears. usually, i'd imagine rubbing to occur near the top center of the well

sorry, i'm confused now. did you buy the wheels and they are 19s and rear offset is +40? in the side pic you just took, the wheel appears sunken into the well. my logic is this (and i could be wrong, mind you): as in my case whereas my rears are not flush with my fender, due to my fair amt of camber, when i go over uneven roads and what not, the wheel should camber in/out-result, more negative camber avoiding the rubbing issue in rear...so far, no rear rubbing for me

oh, isnt D2 (CL vendor) in your neck of the woods? call derrick there, he can help you out.
actually that part is the most "dangerous" part about rubbing, and is the biggest problem, as you go more and more aggressive on the offsets. when you work on the fenders, that's always the last and most difficult spot to work on to eliminate rubbing. trust me, been there done that

chopper, hope you can get some cool wheels soon. again, from my understand 450h are just the same, 20s shouldn't be a problem at all
Old 05-23-08, 11:10 AM
chopperpl
Pit Crew

Hi,
The only other option on offset for these wheels is 20 (at least that's what other online reseller stated), so I assume mine are 40. I don't think 9.5+ with offset 20 would fit at all...

Anybody here with hybrid on 20s?
Thanks
Old 05-26-08, 10:22 AM
excluesive
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

no one is saying that you should get a +20 offset for 20x10.s... to fit a 10 u will probably have to be in the lower +40's range. nothing wrong with that. but koenigs? not to bash, but did u go to the dealership expecting to buy a 350 and they ended up selling u a 450h?

i have a bridge to sell u
Old 05-26-08, 08:10 PM
Golgo13
Driver School Candidate

You sir need my wheels with low profile nitto tires.
Old 05-26-08, 08:11 PM
Golgo13
Driver School Candidate

10.5 in the rear no rubbing what so ever

Quick Reply: 20x10 won't fit gs450h with tanabe nf210