Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the GS450H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the GS450H. Please use the main 3GS forum for discussion about shared components with other third generation GS models.

20x10 won't fit gs450h with tanabe nf210

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-08, 08:23 PM
Golgo13
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[IMG][/IMG]

245/30/zr20 on the front 285/25/zr20 to keep the car from changing height since I never plan to lower it.
Old 05-26-08, 08:30 PM
**FL Lex**
Driver

looks good! I have 10' on the back of my GS350 with no issues ever, and I've hit some pretty nasty holes
Old 05-28-08, 04:24 PM
Golgo13
Driver School Candidate

holes in florida?
Old 05-29-08, 10:00 AM
chopperpl
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Golgo13
10.5 in the rear no rubbing what so ever
You may not experience rubbing, but did you read this thread correctly????? My car is lowered on Tanabe springs, so your suggestions are no help...
Old 05-29-08, 10:08 AM
chopperpl
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by **FL Lex**
looks good! I have 10' on the back of my GS350 with no issues ever, and I've hit some pretty nasty holes
Many people on this board have 20x10 or 20x10.5 on lowered gs350s... but I can't find anyone with 450h. Don't forget, tanabe's springs were not tested on heavy hybrids, so chances of getting different results than those from gs350 are huge...
Thanks for your comment...
Old 05-29-08, 10:29 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by chopperpl
Many people on this board have 20x10 or 20x10.5 on lowered gs350s... but I can't find anyone with 450h. Don't forget, tanabe's springs were not tested on heavy hybrids, so chances of getting different results than those from gs350 are huge...
Thanks for your comment...
not really, i know people (first hand) both with tein cs and FAR lowering than any springs out there. they have 10.5 and 11. granted their fenders are worked on to make things fit, but they are also on very aggressive offsets. i bet if they tone down to 10" and more conservative offsets, they would have no rubbing

i am on 10 and also on tein cs in the lowest setting (lower than any springs out there) too. i mod my fender but again i have pretty aggressive offset
Old 05-29-08, 10:48 AM
chopperpl
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by excluesive
no one is saying that you should get a +20 offset for 20x10.s... to fit a 10 u will probably have to be in the lower +40's range. nothing wrong with that. but koenigs? not to bash, but
Did anyone say I should get +20? I said the offset I have right now must be 40(no stickers on rims), because 20 on these wheels would never fit 450h... 19x9.5 rear with offset 40(current size on my car) still rubs under max strut compression as shown in earlier picture. It was tested by the wheel shop, and I saw it with my eyes. The chances to hit such bump are very little, but that's another story.
I did want to get 20x10, but the wheel shop did not have anything with 35+ offset to try on...
I did make mistake buying those wheels, but I'm glad now I didn't buy $3-4k wheels online that would sit in the garage because of rubbing...
As of today I still don't know of anybody fitting 20x10 or 20x10.5 on 450h lowered with NF210. If there is anybody with this setup it would be nice to share your experience and specs... PLease 450h only...
did u go to the dealership expecting to buy a 350 and they ended up selling u a 450h?

i have a bridge to sell u
I actually downgraded to GS... BMW is a much better set of wheels in almost every aspect (personal experience). Too bad they don't make hybrids...
Old 05-29-08, 11:09 AM
chopperpl
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by rominl
not really, i know people (first hand) both with tein cs and FAR lowering than any springs out there. they have 10.5 and 11. granted their fenders are worked on to make things fit, but they are also on very aggressive offsets. i bet if they tone down to 10" and more conservative offsets, they would have no rubbing

i am on 10 and also on tein cs in the lowest setting (lower than any springs out there) too. i mod my fender but again i have pretty aggressive offset
I'm very picky if it comes to the ride comfort, and suspension noises., and that limits my options. I understand we all have to give up one thing to gain another, but in my case I want it ALL .
I'm surprised wheel shops don't have any set of demo wheels, so people can see/feel what to expect, and then make the choice. This would make buying a lot more easier, and this thread would probably never see the daylight.
Old 05-29-08, 11:55 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

I'm very picky if it comes to the ride comfort, and suspension noises., and that limits my options. I understand we all have to give up one thing to gain another, but in my case I want it ALL .
I'm surprised wheel shops don't have any set of demo wheels, so people can see/feel what to expect, and then make the choice. This would make buying a lot more easier, and this thread would probably never see the daylight.
ride comfort doesn't have anything to do with the wheels rubbing. my point was to show if done right, 10 or 10.5 can fit no problem even if the car is lowered more. the key is the offset AND the tires selection. the shop needs to know what they are doing
Old 05-29-08, 12:08 PM
chopperpl
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by rominl
ride comfort doesn't have anything to do with the wheels rubbing. my point was to show if done right, 10 or 10.5 can fit no problem even if the car is lowered more. the key is the offset AND the tires selection. the shop needs to know what they are doing
...but rubbing means noises... right? sorry, but not acceptable...
I wish there were shops like that in NJ...
Old 05-29-08, 03:53 PM
nardeezy
Lead Lap

...but rubbing means noises... right? sorry, but not acceptable...
I wish there were shops like that in NJ...
A guy like you seems like you have lots of dough. Why won't you be a little patient and get it done right. Take your car to a reputable custom wheel/tire shop and discuss exactly what you want to do. Based on what I watched on the Speed Channel, Unique Whips might be a good shop to visit?
Old 05-30-08, 07:44 AM
chopperpl
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by nardeezy
A guy like you seems like you have lots of dough. Why won't you be a little patient and get it done right. Take your car to a reputable custom wheel/tire shop and discuss exactly what you want to do. Based on what I watched on the Speed Channel, Unique Whips might be a good shop to visit?
That is my problem. I can't find any good reputable shops in NJ. I've been in 3 shops, but they all just look for ways to rip you off. If you show up in car worth less than $100k they will just ignore you... or just treat you like you're buying a hot dog...
I'm not obsessed with car mods, but I always like to put that missing detail car manufacturers always forget about. Adding $4-5k wheels to daily driven car doesn't really work for me. Roads here in northern NJ are very bad, so your TCO of the nice set of wheels may double in a very short time. I've learned that myself with 3pcs. Carlsson wheels on MB. I've replaced 2 rims in 2 years, which added extra $1600 to what I've paid for them ($4500)...
Talking about custom fitment wheels... yeah nice, but I don't want to be in those shoes once you need a replacement...
Some people spend huge bucks on car mods that are not necessarily practical, but that's fine as long as they enjoy it. I lowered the car not just for the look of it, but to improve handling that I lost when switched from bmw to lexus. The result was very impressive, and I felt like a winner. I got two birds with one shot... great look, and better handling.
I knew I could go further with improvements by adding wider wheels, but unfortunately this project has gone slightly different way... more improvement on handling, but don't like wheels... I will probably put them on ebay, and take the risk of ordering wheels online...