Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX400H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the RX400H. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other second generation RX models.

downloading phone book

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-08, 10:44 AM
Tony
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default downloading phone book

Hi Guys,

Just bought a new RX400H AWD. I got everything up and going but the Razr phone I have will disconnect from the RX Nav unit while transferring data. Can anyone give me a hint on how to fix this? I can use the bluetooth function with the phone no problems but the phone book will not download.

Also has anyone bought the coastaltech lock pick 3+ for their RX?

I came off of a BMW 550 and not used to changing my driving habbits yet but I have managed to get 25 mpg in city so far and 24 mpg on highway. Not bad. The ride is awesome and with so much convient storage spaces for wallets, sunglasses and odds and ends its really nice. The cup holders work great when compared to the crappy ones in the BMW. Little body roll around the corners but it could be because my BMW cornered so flat before that anything now will be noticeable. Great power when needed for passing and merging on the high way.

Any help would be great. By the way are the fog lights in the RX400H HID from the factory?
Old 06-15-08, 06:44 PM
mwcfire
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congratulations! I just bought ours last month. From what I have read only the Lockpick 3 Basic will work with our '08. And even then it only unlocks the nav part not the phone book.

I was just like you. I got 24-25mpg the first couple of weeks, but now that it has been a good month or so I am getting 27-29 coasting and taking off slower.

As for the Fog Lights, I don't know if they are HID. I noticed the brights don't seem to be only the low beams on the headlights.

As for the phonebook. I have an iPhone and couldn't get it to work, so I am no help!
Old 06-15-08, 08:11 PM
Tony
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mwcfire
Congratulations! I just bought ours last month. From what I have read only the Lockpick 3 Basic will work with our '08. And even then it only unlocks the nav part not the phone book.

I was just like you. I got 24-25mpg the first couple of weeks, but now that it has been a good month or so I am getting 27-29 coasting and taking off slower.

As for the Fog Lights, I don't know if they are HID. I noticed the brights don't seem to be only the low beams on the headlights.

As for the phonebook. I have an iPhone and couldn't get it to work, so I am no help!

Thanks for the response. I was going to get the Iphone thinking it would download the phone book but it looks like you have the same problem. I wonder what it is about the nav unit not downloading the phone book off of our phones.

Also according to the coastaltech website they have our vehicles under the ultimate lock pick 3 plus do you think it would work? I found the nav player in the trunk below the tool box so it would be an awesome upgrade and easy install. Also do you know if getting the lock pick would let you watch dvd movies in the main cd dvd changer in the front screen? I don't have the rear entertainment but would love to have the main screen play movies for my wife and son during long drives. I know if you are parked with the parking brake you can watch movies but the brake has to be on so I was wondering if the lock pick would bypass that.
Old 06-16-08, 08:50 AM
wiz077
Driver School Candidate

Smile Phonebook Download

Re your phone compatibility with you navi follow this link:
http://www.lexus.eu/lexus-services/bluetooth.aspx.....
Old 06-16-08, 10:03 AM
Tony
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by wiz077
Re your phone compatibility with you navi follow this link:
http://www.lexus.eu/lexus-services/bluetooth.aspx.....
Thanks Wiz for the link. It looks like the Lexus Nav doesnt allow bulk transfers for 70 percent of the phones on the list. My BMW had no problems on my phone and my wife's phones. Oh well I will have to enter manually then.
Old 06-16-08, 03:08 PM
mwcfire
Driver School Candidate

From what I have read on this forum and another lexus one, no go on being able to play DVD's.
Old 06-16-08, 04:23 PM
Tony
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mwcfire
From what I have read on this forum and another lexus one, no go on being able to play DVD's.
MWCfire we have the exact same cars. I have an artic white RX400h also.

As far as playing dvds in the nav unit, I just contacted a local audio shop in town and they are going to do an emergency brake bypass with a toggle switch to allow me to play videos in the front nave unit screen using the in dash dvd changer. What the toggle switch does is causes the car to think the E brake is on and when I go to the dealership I just turn it off so as not to void my factory warranty. I did this to my GX470 and it worked great.

I finally got through to coastaletech and they said the lock pick 3 basic is the only one that works with the in Mark Levenson in dash dvd changer which does not make sense and the girl on the phone sounded unsure but was reading from a pre scripted answer page. I was going to buy the ultimate lock pick 3 plus anyways and try it out but dont want to gamble on them refunding my money if things dont work out since they dont exactly have the best customer support. I will order the basic lock pick. Our nav players is located in the trunk and is very easy to access.

The RX400h forums are pretty dead I guess. Either there are few RX400h owners or the vehicle is so good there is nothing to complain about. When I was on the GX and GS forums it was packed and active daily.
Old 07-08-08, 11:36 PM
schmiddy93
Driver School Candidate

i had trouble on my 2006 RX400h, but it was flawless to transfer on my 2008. Sorry i am no help
Old 07-19-08, 10:08 AM
UCLAAlum
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Downloaded my phone book using "Beam" category function

This was not an easy task! The following is applicable to those using Treo Smartphones, but *maybe* helpful to those using typical cellphones (ie, MOTO RAZr). I don't think cellphone carrier has anything to do with the inability to transfer a phonebook or a contact to your 400h.

After numerous trial and error attempts and searching far and wide in the annals of cyberspace blogs, I came across the beam function in my Verizon Palm Treo 700p that seemed to transfer a dedicated phonebook category (I selected contacts under "Quicklist") to my 400h NAV via bluetooth. I had to make sure all the contact numbers under "Quicklist" were free of extraneous alpha numeric entries (dashes, punctuation, and parenthases) and only one number was associated with each contact. I also confirmed that the Palm Treo 700p bluetooth passkey was identical to the 400h NAV bluetooth passkey. When paired, I selected the telephone "Settings" button of my 400h NAV and scrolled to find and press the "Transfer Data" button next to Phonebook ~ The NAV is now ready to receive the phonebook data! (But you'd have to do this quickly in case the bluetooth connection becomes unpaired). Immediately, I selected the "Quicklist" category in my 700p contacts list and proceeded to "Beam Category" to my 400h. Within 10 seconds, *Voila!* my "Quicklist" downloaded under the designated 400h phonebook!

Not sure if I helped anyone. I do know that for MOTO RAZr's, you have to use the "Beam VPN" function under your contacts list to transfer and/or add a contact to a new or existing phonebook in your Lexus NAV. This also works for NAVs in Toyotas (same system). Try it and post your results in this thread.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

Last edited by UCLAAlum; 07-19-08 at 11:14 AM.