Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX400H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the RX400H. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other second generation RX models.

New User Intro and Question

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-08 | 09:11 PM
Air Tahoe
Driver School Candidate

Default New User Intro and Question

Hey guys I am new to the Lexus forum, but an avid poster over at VWVortex and ClubTouareg.com.

Just picked up a 2008 RX400H. Amazing car so far. I am really impressed with all the detailed features and hope to learn more on the forum. We also have a 2004 V8 Touareg. It has been a great car as well, but we needed another winter car where we live.

Question: Have any of you guys found a good product to protect the clear headlamps. I want to prevent all the rock chips and pitting from the sand in the winter. We often drive over Donner summit in CA to our cabin and the cars get sand blasted behind the big trucks. And has anyone tried one of those clear bras on the silver color RX?

Our old Lexus a 2002 RX300 has a 174,000 miles and the headlamps and front end paint is thrashed from winter driving. The lights are actually quite a bit dimmer due to all the pits. But of course it has been a great car, with very minor mechanical issues even with all the miles.

Here is my small DIY Touareg website. I hope to come up with something like this for the Lexus users as well.
http://web.mac.com/renojoints/Touareg/Battery.html

Old 07-23-08 | 10:25 PM
LEXveryG8
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Air Tahoe
Hey guys I am new to the Lexus forum, but an avid poster over at VWVortex and ClubTouareg.com.

Just picked up a 2008 RX400H. Amazing car so far. I am really impressed with all the detailed features and hope to learn more on the forum. We also have a 2004 V8 Touareg. It has been a great car as well, but we needed another winter car where we live.

Question: Have any of you guys found a good product to protect the clear headlamps. I want to prevent all the rock chips and pitting from the sand in the winter. We often drive over Donner summit in CA to our cabin and the cars get sand blasted behind the big trucks. And has anyone tried one of those clear bras on the silver color RX?

Our old Lexus a 2002 RX300 has a 174,000 miles and the headlamps and front end paint is thrashed from winter driving. The lights are actually quite a bit dimmer due to all the pits. But of course it has been a great car, with very minor mechanical issues even with all the miles.
Hey welcome aboard! Glad you liked your 400h! As for clear bra, I did the whole front end of the car this includes: Full hood, fenders, bumper, grill, headlamps including foglights, and side mirrors. Worth the money IMO. And you can really tell that you have the clear bra unless you walk really close and examine it.
Old 07-23-08 | 11:39 PM
iKenn
Just call me "Sprinkes"

hey, welcome to the club. nice RX.

Get your whole front end clear bra'ed
Old 07-24-08 | 12:27 AM
TrendyTodd
Lexus Test Driver

Congrats on the new RXh.
Old 07-24-08 | 08:56 AM
Navin08
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by iKenn
hey, welcome to the club. nice RX.

Get your whole front end clear bra'ed
Is this the same as the Scotchguard that the dealer offers?
Old 07-24-08 | 02:54 PM
cdeslandes
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Navin08
Is this the same as the Scotchguard that the dealer offers?
No, ScotchGuard is fabric protection for the seats.
Old 07-24-08 | 03:50 PM
iKenn
Just call me "Sprinkes"

What part of CA are you in, theres a vendor on the forums that does clear bras, im sure if u tell them your from club lexus they might give you a discount. Look up Aero Tech
Old 07-24-08 | 04:23 PM
herbvdh
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Air Tahoe

Here is my small DIY Touareg website. I hope to come up with something like this for the Lexus users as well.
http://web.mac.com/renojoints/Touareg/Battery.html

Air Tahoe:
Good luck with your RX400h and let us know where you have it done here in NJ or CA I recognized the showroom I will be there tomorrow.
Dr. VDH