Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the GS450H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the GS450H. Please use the main 3GS forum for discussion about shared components with other third generation GS models.

2009 GS450h - 40% bigger trunk????

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-08 | 11:15 PM
GS3Tek

Originally Posted by dunnojack
how come they can't put the battery under the rear seat?

what a bad location
what, and sue lexus for making you sterile???
Old 09-13-08 | 11:12 PM
kyang91
Lexus Champion

I really want to have a bigger trunk space as well......
Old 09-14-08 | 02:29 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by rominl
so mike, time for you to sell your gs too and get something NEW
Won't part with the GS ....went to see a movie Friday and they had the IS-F ads before the movie....
Crap
Old 09-14-08 | 08:43 PM
MassGS
Driver School Candidate

Still the same mail slot for a trunk opening, of course...
Old 09-14-08 | 11:13 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Thats still a tiny trunk. The weakest area in the design of the GS is the headroom and trunk size. hopefully they nail these BIG problems in the next gen. Acura TL, G35, ES350 are all cheaper and have more headroom, trunk room, and passenger room than the GS. I still bought the car because she was so damn classy and sexy.
Old 09-16-08 | 03:05 PM
Modeler
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
Thats still a tiny trunk. The weakest area in the design of the GS is the headroom and trunk size. hopefully they nail these BIG problems in the next gen. Acura TL, G35, ES350 are all cheaper and have more headroom, trunk room, and passenger room than the GS.
Don't forget Hyundai Genesis. I drove one last weekend and was thoroughly impressed.
Old 09-16-08 | 05:38 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Originally Posted by Modeler
Don't forget Hyundai Genesis. I drove one last weekend and was thoroughly impressed.

Please tell me you're not comparing the GS450h to the Genesis!?!?!
Old 09-17-08 | 11:26 AM
Modeler
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Stormforge
Please tell me you're not comparing the GS450h to the Genesis!?!?!
Of course I am. I drive a 450h, and I thought the Genesis was at least as good (ignoring the fact that 450h is a hybrid). My only concern with the Genesis would be the dealership service experience.
Old 09-17-08 | 11:30 AM
jcat_350
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Mixman
Now........ how about a damn sport package !
i mean maybe us 2gen guys are new at this sort of thing but...wouldn't a sport package kind of defeat the whole purpose of a hybrid?

i know a sport package would mean improved handling and not necessarily more power but with better handling comes more spirited driving, with more spirited driving comes less fuel economy...

please feel free to correct me if i'm wrong, it just seems odd to me
Old 09-17-08 | 12:16 PM
Mixman
Pole Position

Originally Posted by jcat_GS3
i mean maybe us 2gen guys are new at this sort of thing but...wouldn't a sport package kind of defeat the whole purpose of a hybrid?

i know a sport package would mean improved handling and not necessarily more power but with better handling comes more spirited driving, with more spirited driving comes less fuel economy...

It seems to me the point of the 450H is that it is a fast kinda sporty hybrid. It is really not a purely economical hybrid in the Prius sense. What better display of Lexus technology than to have a sport package available on their hybrid to show the German car companies that you can have a luxury sports sedan and hybrid too?
Old 09-17-08 | 12:25 PM
rdgdawg
Pole Position

Originally Posted by spwolf
thats awesome news... damn it . I want that 450h badly.
Where are these new specs please? Very much want to see....
Old 09-17-08 | 12:49 PM
jcat_350
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Mixman
It seems to me the point of the 450H is that it is a fast kinda sporty hybrid. It is really not a purely economical hybrid in the Prius sense. What better display of Lexus technology than to have a sport package available on their hybrid to show the German car companies that you can have a luxury sports sedan and hybrid too?
i guess so....then again having a 4.5l hybrid is somewhat defeating the purpose out of the gate (as is a 6.0l haha) but i see your point and it is a valid one.

i haven't really seen too many comparable german equivalents to the 450h though, for what its worth. Only the MB cdi's which are absolute DOGS when combined with their AWD setup.

for the record, my uncle just picked up a 2007 550i...let's just say if i had been in the market for a 3gs v8....that would have probably knockced me off track.
Old 09-17-08 | 01:00 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

the 450h has the apsss as an option for better handling.
Old 09-17-08 | 01:07 PM
vrferrari
Pole Position

If I were able to afford one (and they built it, of course), I would love to have the hybrid GS but with the 600L drive train, or better yet, the IS-F version of the 5.0 liter matched with the hybid drive and 8 speed tranny.

I wouldn't give a hoot if they called it an F series or not, but a 450+ HP drive train in a car that could muster 20+ mpg in town and mid to high 20's on the highway would be awesome.
Old 09-17-08 | 01:09 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

fuel economy with respect to what? i am sure if you get a 450h out there and drive very aggressively, you still get better gas mileage compared to most v8 out there.

so you can say it's a saving.

or on the other hand, you don't think the hybrid system as gas saving at all. it's just another mean for lexus to get power, just like bmw with turbo or older amg with superchargers. another source of power

Quick Reply: 2009 GS450h - 40% bigger trunk????