Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX400H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the RX400H. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other second generation RX models.

TV Fuse Location

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-08, 07:16 AM
Btr12than6
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TV Fuse Location

I have a 2006 RX 400h with GEN 4 NAV. I'm still playing with the Hybrid Disc trick, to no avail so far. I looked at every fuse panel I can find (One under the dash and three on the driver side of the engine bay).

I cannot find one fuse that says TV. I see a fuse for radio1, could that be for the NAV unit or have I not found the right fuse panel? I appreciate your help.

As for the disc, the firmware loads every time after disconnecting the battery but I'm tired of resetting my windows and sunroof every time I try a new disc.

The hybrid 4.2/6.1 disc will not allow me to change my search area, the button to do so just beeps and doesn't do anything. Will keep trying.

Paul
Old 12-08-08, 05:19 AM
MadloR
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I made the hybrid disc as well, and experienced the exact same problem. I cannot choose an area. Haven't pursued the matter, but did find the fuse that resets the DVD player in the engine compartment. If I am not mistaken, the no 31 comes to memory, but check in the owners manual. I had to leave it unplugged for a good 30 minutes, but sure enough, it reset the dvd disc as well as memmory and misc settings.

Good luck,

cheers,

MadloR
Old 12-14-08, 10:38 PM
REGENR8
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Btr12than6
I have a 2006 RX 400h with GEN 4 NAV. I'm still playing with the Hybrid Disc trick, to no avail so far. I looked at every fuse panel I can find (One under the dash and three on the driver side of the engine bay).

I cannot find one fuse that says TV. I see a fuse for radio1, could that be for the NAV unit or have I not found the right fuse panel? I appreciate your help.

As for the disc, the firmware loads every time after disconnecting the battery but I'm tired of resetting my windows and sunroof every time I try a new disc.

The hybrid 4.2/6.1 disc will not allow me to change my search area, the button to do so just beeps and doesn't do anything. Will keep trying.

Paul
I'm not exactly sure what you are trying to accomplish with this "Hybrid Disc trick" or what it is even.

Looking at the electrical wiring diagram, there are a minimum of 4 fuses that are related to the Navigation/Backup camera/Multi-display system. The "Television Camera ECU" is also known as the Backup Camera ECU.
The 7.5 amp CRT fuse supplies power to the Multi-display, the 15 amp radio no.1 fuse supplies power to the Nav ecu and TV Camera ecu, the 7.5 amp radio no.2 fuse supplies power to the Nav ecu and TV camera ecu, and the 7.5 amp Gauge no.1 fuse supplies power to the TV camera ecu.
Hope this helps.
Old 08-08-09, 02:49 PM
MissAFuse
Driver School Candidate

Default 7.5 amp Gauge no.1

Could someone please point me to the location of the instrument panel junction fuse box or of this 7.5 amp "Gauge no.1" fuse - I cannot find it on my 2008 RX 400h - even road side assistance guy could not find it after lifting all the trim panels under the dashboard as well as in the boot. I don't have the handbook for the car however he quickly found the 4 fuse and relay boxes under the bonnet but 7.5 amp "Gauge no.1" does not seem to be there - he phoned some of his colleagues but could not locate the instrument panel fuse box which instructions on his computer where referring him to.

Thank you all in advance for your time if you could help me to locate this fuse please. Also does anyone know if this fuse also controls turn indicators please?