Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX450H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the RX450H. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other third generation RX models.

RX 450H pricing

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-09, 12:35 PM
basel
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Greetings to all; in Italy as in Lithuania, the RX 450h costs from € 59,000.00 to € 78,000.00 (fully loaded with pre crash safety and comfort pack) and will be available from June.
Old 04-27-09, 12:38 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by basel
Greetings to all; in Italy as in Lithuania, the RX 450h costs from € 59,000.00 to € 78,000.00 (fully loaded with pre crash safety and comfort pack) and will be available from June.
Welcome to the Club, basel!

Thanks for the information, the RX 450h there seems to be more expensive but better equipped.
Old 04-28-09, 12:32 AM
pascha
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by encore888
Welcome to the Club, basel!

Thanks for the information, the RX 450h there seems to be more expensive but better equipped.
The answer is NO, we get a "strip down" version and pay a lot more than you.
As I mentioned above our price is about 105.000 US Dollar (81.000€)for a less equipt car.
Old 04-28-09, 07:54 AM
Lexmex
Super Moderator
Senior Moderator

Received 164 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by pascha
Remagen and the bridge, I now, its 20 Min.away

Younger???
younger = jünger
Old 04-29-09, 09:45 AM
pascha
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Lexmex
younger = jünger

Yeah, I mean how old have you been when in Remagen and when was that?
Old 04-29-09, 12:38 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The answer is NO, we get a "strip down" version and pay a lot more than you.
As I mentioned above our price is about 105.000 US Dollar (81.000€)for a less equipt car.
Ah I see, thanks for the correction, the basic version has a significantly higher price, and at max price you get the pre-collision, etc. However, one thing I have found is that the RX in Europe has HDD music capability, and supposedly the navigation lockout while driving can be removed.
Old 04-29-09, 07:28 PM
Lexmex
Super Moderator
Senior Moderator

Received 164 Likes on 140 Posts

Yeah, I mean how old have you been when in Remagen and when was that?
1987, about 14 then.
Old 04-30-09, 05:15 AM
pascha
Driver School Candidate

Ah I see, thanks for the correction, the basic version has a significantly higher price, and at max price you get the pre-collision, etc. However, one thing I have found is that the RX in Europe has HDD music capability, and supposedly the navigation lockout while driving can be removed.
Yes, both the 350 and the 450h Navi and Telefon are unlocked.
Old 05-22-09, 09:18 AM
syswei
Pole Position

Based on the Lexus press releases, there is a roughly $5000 MSRP difference between the base RX450h and base RX350. Does any one know if (aside from the powertrain) there is any equipment difference between these base levels? I.E., is the upcharge for hybrid really $5000, or does that actually include some stuff that would be optional on the RX350?
Old 05-22-09, 07:04 PM
psu77
Rookie

I believe that upcharge really is about $5,000 and the hybrid doesn't have any additional standard equipment compared to the RX350 (same as last model year)
Old 05-22-09, 11:33 PM
Audriuss
Pole Position

U want to say that in USA u don't get HDD on RX? If I am correct u get HDD on all cars, though in Europe it is the first car you get a HDD. No LS model gets it, no IS model, no GS model get it...

By the way, nawigation contronls such as input destination is available while driving. Also, the push buton "I agree" is now changed to "Show map".

P.S. We also don't get such things like "tire presure monitor". It is only possible on LS and GS.

P.S. are u able in USA to order new RX with skyroof? In my manual book there is an instruction how to use moonroof and on next page how to use sky roof and there is a drawing of both...but at least in Lithuania we are not able to order with this option...
Old 05-23-09, 03:47 AM
syswei
Pole Position

Originally Posted by psu77
I believe that upcharge really is about $5,000 and the hybrid doesn't have any additional standard equipment compared to the RX350 (same as last model year)
Thanks. Maybe there are other reasons to drive an h, but I'm thinking that for 50-50 city/highway driving, the RX450h isn't a very economical choice compared to the RX350. At $3.75/gal, it is 126,000 miles to breakeven...and by that time, the battery might be on its last legs, too. I don't intend to keep a car to 126k miles.
Old 05-24-09, 09:41 PM
RXSF
Forum Moderator

Received 74 Likes on 45 Posts

you dont buy a hybrid to save money. i dont like it when people compare extra cost with savings at the pump. You buy it for the extra quietness and power, and maybe the feeling of doing something to reduce your carbon footprint
Old 05-24-09, 10:53 PM
rxets
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RXSF
you dont buy a hybrid to save money. i dont like it when people compare extra cost with savings at the pump. You buy it for the extra quietness and power, and maybe the feeling of doing something to reduce your carbon footprint
Me too. I do care its quietness, smoothness, efficiency, and environmental protection. US gasoline is much cheaper than most of countries in the world. As long as it's never over $6 per gallon, I'm happy with this.
Old 05-24-09, 11:01 PM
rxets
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Audriuss
U want to say that in USA u don't get HDD on RX? If I am correct u get HDD on all cars, though in Europe it is the first car you get a HDD. No LS model gets it, no IS model, no GS model get it...

By the way, nawigation contronls such as input destination is available while driving. Also, the push buton "I agree" is now changed to "Show map".

P.S. We also don't get such things like "tire presure monitor". It is only possible on LS and GS.

P.S. are u able in USA to order new RX with skyroof? In my manual book there is an instruction how to use moonroof and on next page how to use sky roof and there is a drawing of both...but at least in Lithuania we are not able to order with this option...

Love to be able to input and work on Navi during driving. But, US is the lawyers nation, you can never belittle their creations, Lexus has to cover their flaws or weakpoints.

Skyroof... obvious, this seems to be the features only in Asia and Europe. Maybe 450h would have!? Dunno.

Lexus pushes this car into US market too fast to consider its qualities and combo. IMO.

Quick Reply: RX 450H pricing