Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX450H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the RX450H. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other third generation RX models.

Baby's on the way/Name suggestions ???

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-09, 04:41 PM
Cruiter
Pole Position

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Baby's on the way/Name suggestions ???

I don't think I've been this elated over a new purchase since my youngest son was born (27 years ago). Just got a call from the dealer, my 1st color choice is their 1st one coming and about $51k so if the dealer letter was correct, it should be the FWD 9440 model in Starfire Pearl and just about everything but the HID and tow prep pkg. Should be here before the end of the month they said.

Going down in a day or two to work out the details, get Vin, '03 RX appraised, etc.

In our neighborhood, there are probably 30 Lexus models of various models and vintage and probably 20 of them are RX's varied between gen 1 and 2.

There are 5 Dealers in the Atlanta market so I don't know if I'll drive the 1st, but I bet it's the 1st in little ole Cumming, GA (what does woot mean anyway)?

ANTICIPATION REIGNS
Old 06-08-09, 08:53 PM
RXSF

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

woot:
Woot originated as a hacker term for root (or administrative) access to a computer. However, with the term as coincides with the gamer term, "w00t".

"w00t" was originally an trunicated expression common among players of Dungeons and Dragons tabletop role-playing game for "Wow, loot!" Thus the term passed into the net-culture where it thrived in video game communities and lost its original meaning and is used simply as a term of excitement.
-urbandictionary.com
Old 06-08-09, 11:20 PM
rxets
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Congrats...

If it's the 1st in your dealer, please make sure to pick it up right after it's ready. Otherwise, tons of ppl will sit on your new car and some of them may test-drive it... They won't add too many miles on it, but may ride it hard...
Old 06-08-09, 11:34 PM
lex
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Cruiter
I don't think I've been this elated over a new purchase since my youngest son was born (27 years ago). Just got a call from the dealer, my 1st color choice is their 1st one coming and about $51k so if the dealer letter was correct, it should be the FWD 9440 model in Starfire Pearl and just about everything but the HID and tow prep pkg. Should be here before the end of the month they said.

Going down in a day or two to work out the details, get Vin, '03 RX appraised, etc.

In our neighborhood, there are probably 30 Lexus models of various models and vintage and probably 20 of them are RX's varied between gen 1 and 2.

There are 5 Dealers in the Atlanta market so I don't know if I'll drive the 1st, but I bet it's the 1st in little ole Cumming, GA (what does woot mean anyway)?

ANTICIPATION REIGNS
what's up with the green btw? and the font?
Old 06-09-09, 12:07 PM
LexFather

ANTICIPATION REIGNS
What dealer in GA? Good luck!
Old 06-09-09, 12:33 PM
Cruiter
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
What dealer in GA? Good luck!
Nalley of Roswell. Nalley Acura was the last dealer I worked for when I retired. They've treated me very well since then (May of 88) when I went back into the Navy to finish my retirement there. It's nice to have a good relationship.

I did call around, I don't think anyone is getting more than one car this month and one - two next month. It's going to be a tight market. I got my 1st choice, Starfire Pearl. Has pretty much everything except HUD at $51,207.

Should be here end of next week or 1st of the following but I'll be driving somewhere over the 4th

ANTICIPATION REIGNS
Old 06-09-09, 01:07 PM
Hal56
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

mine will be here sometime in August--I ordered the Lux pkg, comfort, nav, parking and a couple of other things and expected sticker is ~56 ish.

Skipped things like rear entertainment , hud--dealer told me if I wanted one with those extras I did not want I would likely have it in July--but I did nto want that stuff and did not want to pay an extra couple grand so I ordered it.

With Lexus controlling inventoriies prices could stick.
Old 06-09-09, 01:22 PM
RXSF

im planning to get it fully loaded except for the rear entertainment. I expect it to be around 58-60K which i would never pay for, which is why im trading in my 04 RX330, which should bring the price down to at least 48, and hopefully i can leverage some sort of discount by the end of this year (hopefully december), so im looking at a price of 45-46K
Old 06-09-09, 03:59 PM
rxets
Lexus Test Driver

... ...
I did call around, I don't think anyone is getting more than one car this month and one - two next month. It's going to be a tight market. I got my 1st choice, Starfire Pearl. Has pretty much everything except HUD at $51,207.

Should be here end of next week or 1st of the following but I'll be driving somewhere over the 4th

ANTICIPATION REIGNS
Am I correct? 2010 RX450 Hybrid, "pretty much everything except HUD" = $51K. That's the super low price since the market is going to be tight as you mentioned above.

Doesn't this almost-everything Hybrid cost nearby $55+K?

Am I wrong!?
Old 06-09-09, 04:04 PM
RXSF

im assuming the car he is describing does not have pre collision/radar cruise, nor HUD as he stated. those options alone are close to 4K
Old 06-09-09, 04:12 PM
Hal56
Pole Position

check out the cost of the luxury package
Old 06-09-09, 04:20 PM
Cruiter
Pole Position

Originally Posted by rxets
Am I correct? 2010 RX450 Hybrid, "pretty much everything except HUD" = $51K. That's the super low price since the market is going to be tight as you mentioned above.

Doesn't this almost-everything Hybrid cost nearby $55+K?

Am I wrong!?
I probably should have mentioned it's the FWD, not AWD. It doesn't have the tow prep packge, M/L radio, or HUD. But I think it's pretty complete other than that.
Base $41660.00 + Comfort pkg 825.00 + 12 spk premium audio 110.00 + 19" alloys 660.00 + Bi-Xenon High Inten Discharge Headlamps w/AFS and Auto High Beams 1175.00 + Nav System (complete) 2440.00 + Premium Pkg 2400.00 + Intuitive parking assist 500.00 + Wood & leather stg wheel & Shifter 330.00 + port options of cargo mat 92.00,cargo net. 59.00, and wheel locks 81.00 = $8672 in accessories +675.00 Destination. Total $51207.00

PS for what it's worth in your considerations. I was told a deposit wasn't really necessary if I made a solid commitment. I said, 'Hey, I retired from this business and understand what a deposit means. How about a grand to eliminate doubts". That was a good move IMHO, tonight he told me that there are 7 pins w/deposits around the edge of the inventory card of my car on the inventory board in case I balk. He said that more than one of them were any color, any equipment to get next available vehicle. He doesn't know it but tomorrow I'll be there to see if he's just making me feel good or whether I really made a good decision. I did call a competitor, they have one car coming this month, and one next, both sold.

Last edited by Cruiter; 06-09-09 at 04:28 PM.
Old 06-09-09, 04:39 PM
rxets
Lexus Test Driver

Cool... you're absolutely right. I missed the points again. Duh.

No matter what, please be ready to get your car in 1st hour... Check your mileage. Ha.
Old 06-11-09, 09:00 PM
LexFather

Nalley of Roswell. Nalley Acura was the last dealer I worked for when I retired. They've treated me very well since then (May of 88) when I went back into the Navy to finish my retirement there. It's nice to have a good relationship.

ANTICIPATION REIGNS
Cool. Good luck on the car.

Last edited by LexFather; 06-11-09 at 09:04 PM.
Old 06-11-09, 09:26 PM
Hal56
Pole Position

it is apparent that Lexus has indeed managed the supply demand situation to maintain good pricing.

Quick Reply: Baby's on the way/Name suggestions ???