Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX450H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the RX450H. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other third generation RX models.

Picking it up tonight

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-09 | 04:05 PM
rxets
Lexus Test Driver

Congrats to you, PatsSoxfan.

Definitely need to pick it up before your departure. Your dealer must/have to prepare it. Don't need to give the dealer to show off your cars to others. IMO.

Well, how are LEDs headlamps going? Thanks.
Old 06-24-09 | 04:37 PM
PatsSoxfan
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by rxets
Congrats to you, PatsSoxfan.

Definitely need to pick it up before your departure. Your dealer must/have to prepare it. Don't need to give the dealer to show off your cars to others. IMO.

Well, how are LEDs headlamps going? Thanks.
They promised me that it will be safe and sound, so we will leave it there. I trust my dealer.

The LED's look awesome! I will have photos on the week of July 6th. It will be tough not having this car until we return. We can't wait to take it on a long trip. It will be so much fun.
Old 06-24-09 | 04:43 PM
rxets
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by PatsSoxfan
They promised me that it will be safe and sound, so we will leave it there. I trust my dealer.

The LED's look awesome! I will have photos on the week of July 6th. It will be tough not having this car until we return. We can't wait to take it on a long trip. It will be so much fun.
Enjoy your trip, then return home to enjoy this new 450h later.

It will be terrific if we can see that LEDs... but we can wait. I guess no one else will have LEDs prior to your return.
Old 06-24-09 | 05:35 PM
RXSF

!!! Hey pat, when you get time, can you take a picture of the window sticker too? im also looking to get a fully loaded without rear entertainment. $59,xxx seems kinda high when i maxed out mine at around $57
Old 06-24-09 | 07:22 PM
PatsSoxfan
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by RXSF
!!! Hey pat, when you get time, can you take a picture of the window sticker too? im also looking to get a fully loaded without rear entertainment. $59,xxx seems kinda high when i maxed out mine at around $57
I will do so.
Old 06-24-09 | 08:24 PM
Hal56
Pole Position

The cars sound great guys. On the tire pressure--teh value stem has a built in sensor and so sort of radio frequency to send to cars computer.

The sensors are not cheap so be carefullwhen attaching air hose and protruding curbs.
Old 06-24-09 | 09:30 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Originally Posted by Hal56
The cars sound great guys. On the tire pressure--teh value stem has a built in sensor and so sort of radio frequency to send to cars computer.

The sensors are not cheap so be carefullwhen attaching air hose and protruding curbs.
can you post a picture of the valve stem with built in sensor? i'm having difficulty in visualizing what you are talking about. coz i have a GS with the tire pressure sensors, and i don't have a problem?
Old 06-25-09 | 05:42 AM
Hal56
Pole Position

you really cannot tell by looking at it. I have two cars with the sensor--a vette which shows thetire pressure on instrument guage and a bmw that does not show the pressure--but sends an alarm if pressure is too hi or low.

The othe rproblem with those cars is that they have run flat tires--which means if you have a problem with tire you need a repair place that has special equipment-not so much a problem now but years ago I had a problem driving cross country --when I added air in Joplin Missouri, theair pressure head would not come off the valve easily and when it did it broke the valve.

Had to stay overnight and found a tire dealer-the only one-but they did not have a sensor replacement so they gave me a regular one which did the job--1000 miles later at home the dealer gave me a new senor valve but did not have the equipmnet to replace the value so it was done at a goodyears dealer nearby.

A bit of a nusiance--but the readable sensors are great--especially on a long trip say in winter when you go to/from big temp changes where tire pressure changes a lot one way or another.