Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX450H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the RX450H. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other third generation RX models.

Our RX450h (few photos..not very good photos))

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-09, 08:26 PM
spoon808
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Time to change the parking-light bulb to a nice little white LED to compliment your nice white LED headlights!!

+1 to RXSF's suggestion, you could also take them from outside the car.

and rxets, in his description he said the highbeams are on. This makes me wonder if the DRL's are the LED low beams too (supposedly the low beams are also DRL's for the LS600h), or do the highbeams play the same role as with a normal Rx350

Last edited by spoon808; 07-08-09 at 08:30 PM.
Old 07-08-09, 10:09 PM
RXSF

Received 74 Likes on 45 Posts

it is my understanding (as with the LS600h) that the DRL are the high beams on low power. the LEDs are only used for low beam lights.
Old 07-08-09, 10:15 PM
spoon808
Rookie

Originally Posted by RXSF
it is my understanding (as with the LS600h) that the DRL are the high beams on low power. the LEDs are only used for low beam lights.
ahh, gotchya. i was thinking of the LED headlights of the Escalade Platinum.

they use their lowbeam LED's as DRL's
Old 07-09-09, 06:40 AM
PatsSoxfan
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am still having a problem with the camera, but I thought I would post these 2 (top is low beam and bottom is high beam). For some reason the flash still goes off (although a bit later than the previous setting). I'll get it to work by Christmas I hope ;-). The photos I took last evening while driving around the neighborhood are blurry and weird looking. I even took a couple while standing outside the car, but those also stink. BTW, what does DRL stand for? You guys are way above me on this stuff.

Last edited by PatsSoxfan; 07-09-09 at 09:45 AM.
Old 07-09-09, 07:36 AM
rxets
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by spoon808
ahh, gotchya. i was thinking of the LED headlights of the Escalade Platinum.

they use their lowbeam LED's as DRL's
Thanks.

One more question: what's that #3 LED headlight for?
Old 07-09-09, 09:16 AM
RXSF

DRL stands for daytime running lights. It is those low beam halogen lights that stay on all day even when you have your headlights off. They are for some quick light when you enter a garage and you are still waiting for your auto headlights to activate.

there are only 2 LEDs for the RX (unlike 3 for the LS600h) but that turn signal is made into a circular design that mimicks that shape of an LED. I dont think it is actually an LED turn signal though

btw, those headlight shots are pretty good. the color is much more 'yellow' than i expected it to be. But pat, thanks for trying!
Old 07-09-09, 10:56 AM
spoon808
Rookie

Nice! from our picture I could get an idea of how they perform. I like that the cutoff is not razor sharp, should be easier for the eyes since it has a gradual transition from light-to-dark, yet not too fuzzy at the same time.

I'm sure that the camera captured a whole different color of light than what you actually see. The LED's must be crisp white in person.

Thanks a bunch
Hope to see more pics once you learn your way around your camera

Originally Posted by rxets
Thanks.

One more question: what's that #3 LED headlight for?
DRL stands for daytime running lights. It is those low beam halogen lights that stay on all day even when you have your headlights off. They are for some quick light when you enter a garage and you are still waiting for your auto headlights to activate.

there are only 2 LEDs for the RX (unlike 3 for the LS600h) but that turn signal is made into a circular design that mimicks that shape of an LED. I dont think it is actually an LED turn signal though

btw, those headlight shots are pretty good. the color is much more 'yellow' than i expected it to be. But pat, thanks for trying!
At first "#3 headlight" confused me (forgiving i'm slow, i just rolled out of bed) but I'm guessing from RXSF's reply you meant the outer most "projector" or circle? if so, then he's correct.

I think someone should mod a dual mode LED that runs white when the headlights are on (to complete the 3 circles) and when the turn signals activate they change to amber.

Daytime Running Lights are also for "safety" making your presence on the road aware for other drivers.
although ... Audi's DRL's distract me, totally opposite than being safe, but they're so nice!

Last edited by spoon808; 07-09-09 at 11:56 AM. Reason: damnit I edited 3-4 times on a span of an hour
Old 07-09-09, 11:38 AM
spoon808
Rookie

I found this, thought you guys may be interested.
Old 07-09-09, 12:41 PM
PatsSoxfan
Lead Lap

Dahhhh! Why did I not guess that DRL stands for dalight running lights?

I believe the camera presented a color on the photos that is a bit more yellow than in reality.

I will try this again (hopefully tonight).
Old 07-09-09, 02:01 PM
rxets
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by spoon808
Nice! from our picture I could get an idea of how they perform. I like that the cutoff is not razor sharp, should be easier for the eyes since it has a gradual transition from light-to-dark, yet not too fuzzy at the same time.

I'm sure that the camera captured a whole different color of light than what you actually see. The LED's must be crisp white in person.

Thanks a bunch
Hope to see more pics once you learn your way around your camera

At first "#3 headlight" confused me (forgiving i'm slow, i just rolled out of bed) but I'm guessing from RXSF's reply you meant the outer most "projector" or circle? if so, then he's correct.

I think someone should mod a dual mode LED that runs white when the headlights are on (to complete the 3 circles) and when the turn signals activate they change to amber.

Daytime Running Lights are also for "safety" making your presence on the road aware for other drivers.
although ... Audi's DRL's distract me, totally opposite than being safe, but they're so nice!
Cool. Thanks for detailing these info.

And, thanks PatsSoxfan for these pics.
Old 07-10-09, 04:26 AM
PatsSoxfan
Lead Lap

I could not stay awake until it got nice and dark last night. My job requires that I am at work at 4:00 AM Central. I will definitely take new photos tonight. I figured out the camera BS.
Old 07-10-09, 07:12 PM
spoon808
Rookie

looking forward to it. lol
Old 07-10-09, 09:00 PM
PatsSoxfan
Lead Lap

Well, after several trials and tribulations, I finally have some decent photos of the LED's at night. I hope these examples meet with your approval. As you can see, the lighting is rather bright white. I think it's awesome.

Low Beam

High Beam

Low Beam

High Beam

Low Beam

High Beam

Last edited by PatsSoxfan; 07-10-09 at 09:41 PM.
Old 07-10-09, 09:06 PM
spoon808
Rookie

very very nice! nice white color and the spread seems very nice too. I'm loving these headlights a lot.

I'm so sorry for making you do all of this but do you mind retaking this photo?

you could also take it from right outside the car too so that it doesn't focus on the dash or windshield.

Last edited by spoon808; 07-10-09 at 09:12 PM.
Old 07-10-09, 09:41 PM
RXSF

wow they are quite bright!

Quick Reply: Our RX450h (few photos..not very good photos))