Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX450H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the RX450H. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other third generation RX models.

RX450 Pricing

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-10, 12:24 AM
RXSF

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

Oh the pictures above are not mine, as my RX (and all second gen RXs) dont have the intuitive park assist. However, that is what you will see on all lexus models
Old 04-28-10, 01:30 PM
sleepysurf
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just picked up my RX 450h today. Love the matador red/parchment interior, but need to get up to speed on all the technology. I was hoping it would come with the Michelin tires, but instead has the Bridgestone Dueler H/L 400's. We'll see how they handle in the rain. I'm really glad I didn't get the Nav option, as the monochrome LCD screen is more than adequate for basic info, and my Garmin GPS with a beanbag mount, fits easily on the dash above. My only complaint thus far is the rear center seat is way too hard, not at all suitable for an adult (fortunately, I'll rarely need it). The overall interior also looks a bit "cheaper" and more "plasticky" vs. my '00 RX 300, but it's certainly much more advanced from a technology perspective!
Attached Thumbnails RX450 Pricing-lexus450h-medium-.jpg  
Old 04-28-10, 04:41 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 172 Likes on 146 Posts

Congrats! Glad to hear you finally got it. Nice color. I see you're naked up top too.

Yes, the technology is overwhelming. Make sure you read the manuals. You'll be happy you did. There's lots of things to change/program. And the dealer does some of them so you need to figure out if you want those changed when you bring in for 1K service. Go to page 668 for the list.

Coming from a '99 and '04, I think the interior may look 'cheaper' because of the lack of trim - more leather, less wood. It'll grow on you. I've only had nav in the RX so I'm used to it. I'd probably think otherwise if I had a portable unit.

Enjoy your 450h! Time to change your signature.
Old 04-28-10, 04:47 PM
RXSF

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

puuuuuurrttttyyy
Old 04-28-10, 04:51 PM
wyau01
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by sleepysurf
Just picked up my RX 450h today. Love the matador red/parchment interior, but need to get up to speed on all the technology. I was hoping it would come with the Michelin tires, but instead has the Bridgestone Dueler H/L 400's. We'll see how they handle in the rain. I'm really glad I didn't get the Nav option, as the monochrome LCD screen is more than adequate for basic info, and my Garmin GPS with a beanbag mount, fits easily on the dash above. My only complaint thus far is the rear center seat is way too hard, not at all suitable for an adult (fortunately, I'll rarely need it). The overall interior also looks a bit "cheaper" and more "plasticky" vs. my '00 RX 300, but it's certainly much more advanced from a technology perspective!
If you have the semi-aniline leather-trim, you won't feel that way about the seats and interior.
Old 04-28-10, 05:00 PM
sleepysurf
Driver

Luxury package with semi-aniline leather was not available. The standard leather is OK, and should soften a bit as it breaks in. Only thing I'm really bummed about is the FWD doesn't have the roof rack rails, which I wasn't aware of. Waiting to see if I can purchase after-market.
Old 04-28-10, 05:37 PM
doctormom
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very nice! Congratulations!
Old 04-28-10, 07:05 PM
Cruiter
Pole Position

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by sleepysurf
Congratulations, I thought I'd miss the rails too. Now I like it better . Your color was my 2nd choice, it looks really good.
Attached Thumbnails RX450 Pricing-dsc_0031-2.jpg  
Old 04-29-10, 08:19 PM
oscqc
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great looking vehicle. Best of luck with it. I wanted a 450h in the same colour as yours, but I had to take black on black or wait 4-5 months. In my opinion, the Lexus navigation system sucks. I am thinking of just turning it off and buying a Garmin unit.
Old 04-30-10, 04:20 AM
sleepysurf
Driver

Originally Posted by oscqc
...I am thinking of just turning it off and buying a Garmin unit.
That's precisely why I bought my car without the NAV option. GPS technology is evolving very fast, so with an aftermarket unit, I can upgrade to the "latest and greatest" every 2 years for less $$ than it would cost me for Lexus map updates alone.

As it turns out, there is ample room on the dash for my Garmin unit on a bean-bag mount (see pic). However, I'm actually going to affix a semi-permanent GPS disc mount inside the display "cubby" just to the right of the mono display. There is so much room there, the GPS can sit to the right of the mono display without blocking it's view. My only (minor) quibble is the lack of a DC power outlet in the dash itself... definitely an oversight of the RX designers.
Attached Thumbnails RX450 Pricing-gps-small-.jpg