Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX450H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the RX450H. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other third generation RX models.

RX450 Pricing

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-09, 06:17 AM
Sakke
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RX450 Pricing

Hi,

I'm new member in this forum. We moved from Europe to U.S. just month ago. I'm planning to buy brand new 450 RX but I'm totally lost in the car pricing. I got very different information from different Lexus dealers. I'm also wondering has anybody bought new RX in the price mentioned in Edmuns.com or used Costco Autoprogram. I feel it difficult to compare all these information and I'm not sure if can trust Edmuns, for example.

I would like to hear about your purchasing experience and what kind of discounts you have received in your 450 RX. Thanks!

Sakke

Last edited by Sakke; 09-02-09 at 06:24 AM.
Old 09-02-09, 10:54 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Sakke
Hi,

I'm new member in this forum. We moved from Europe to U.S. just month ago. I'm planning to buy brand new 450 RX but I'm totally lost in the car pricing. I got very different information from different Lexus dealers. I'm also wondering has anybody bought new RX in the price mentioned in Edmuns.com or used Costco Autoprogram. I feel it difficult to compare all these information and I'm not sure if can trust Edmuns, for example.

I would like to hear about your purchasing experience and what kind of discounts you have received in your 450 RX. Thanks!

Sakke
Welcome, I moved to the RXh forum for you
Old 09-02-09, 02:31 PM
PatsSoxfan
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi,

Sakke
The simple truth is that it is very difficult to get appreciable discounts on the RX450h. You will be lucky to get $500-1000 off the MSRP especially if you special order it. It is a different story for the RX350. With this model you can get very nice discounts of at least a few $thousand.
Old 09-02-09, 06:44 PM
Cruiter
Pole Position

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Hi,

Sakke
Sakke
Welcome to the forum.

The 450h is a small percent of the total RX production, the top of the line, and highly valued. You can shop here and there to get a little more than the last place depending on availability, time of month, etc., but by an large they will be token discounts if any unless it's an unpopular color or stripped (most folks want the three basic packages or more on them).

Your best bet is to find a dealer you can build a repore with and trust. You'll have the car for a few years and need to feel good about the dealer. A little bit of money one way or the other years down the road is not as important as your enjoyment with the car and confidence with the dealer whose business it is , is to retail with profit and have repeat business and referral business. If you've never owned a new Lexus before, you're in for a very pleasant surprise. Enjoy it .
Old 09-05-09, 05:50 AM
klegrow
Rookie

Deals are to be had out there. If you stress future business a dealer will help. However, it may not be the dealer closest to you. The first two did what everyone else said, maybe $500 off MSRP. I got it for $500 over invoice, but had to travel 40 miles to get that deal.
Old 09-06-09, 12:03 PM
ObsidianRX
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by klegrow
Deals are to be had out there. If you stress future business a dealer will help. However, it may not be the dealer closest to you. The first two did what everyone else said, maybe $500 off MSRP. I got it for $500 over invoice, but had to travel 40 miles to get that deal.
Just so I'm clear you're saying that were able to obtain a discount of $5-$6k off MSRP on a model with less than a 10 day supply of inventory by making an unenforceable promise of future business?

I'm sure lots of folks here would like to know more about your techniques, why not offer us some guidance?
Old 09-07-09, 05:46 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 172 Likes on 146 Posts

I have to agree with Jim, the 450h ambassador

My sales guy is giving me a discount on my special order, even though they're not offering them now. And it's the third RX I have purchased from them in 11 years. I say find a dealer that you like and stick with them. I have and am very happy.
Old 09-07-09, 06:35 AM
tnb1
Rookie

Hi,

Sakke
Paid MSRP but the dealer installed tow hitch that I wanted was no charge. They also changed the original Dunlops to Michelins at my request, no charge.It was their first AWD.
Terry
Old 09-07-09, 01:38 PM
Sakke
Driver School Candidate

Thanks! I'm still negotiating the best deal. So far the discount have been between $ 1000 - 2500. I have also started to be looking for 250 HS. I'll go and test drive this new model to see how good it is compared to 450 RXh. At least 450 is a bit too expensive for me but let's see if I can get financing.

Sakke
Old 09-22-09, 08:13 AM
wraithmojo
Driver School Candidate

Default Hello fellow RX450h' ers!

After two year of deliberation... and waiting for the arrival of this particular model... I purchased one last Monday from my closest dealer (6 miles away). I did get 3 other quotes from various dealers (all NYC/CT area) and basically all said the same thing. As stated here before, all were willing to take $500 off the MSRP but that was the best they would do as the car is still very popular in the area and a waiting list is pretty much 'status quo' at each dealership (meaning if you weren't willing to pay almost full MSRP then someone behind you in line would be). Oh well, I have to say I'm happy with my now 1 week old 450h and have started to make it my own by installing a hidden hitch (etrailer.com) myself and ordering proper 'all weather' mats. Good luck Sakke (sorry about your dealer experience too.. horrible!)
Old 09-29-09, 11:53 PM
mobilelex
Driver School Candidate

I guess I got lucky. Tonight I JUST brought home a normal loaded (everything but no luxury package options such as LED headlamp, RSES, laser cruise control, etc) RX 450h, black on black in SoCal for $3K below MSRP. The car has 4 miles at the dearlership. I basically called like 10 Lexus dealership around Los Angeles area and started working from $500 below MSRP all the way up to $3K below.

If you are willing to buy right away, I believe there are still some left at Ontario or Riverside Lexus dearlerships and they are willing to deal. I almost thought I didn't work on it enough but I had called several of the other Lexus dealerships and they all told me they couldn't match the pricing. Personally I'm very happy with the purchase experience and the pricing.

Come to think of it, I would've been willing to buy a RX 450h with -all- of the options (and I mean, everything under the sun including the RSES) at MSRP, but I can't wait for the special order. However, no dealer around my area could find one on the west coast and the dealerships that I called in the midwest/northeast either didn't want to deal with me or didn't believe that I really wanted one. Oh well, their loss I suppose.
Old 10-15-09, 10:45 PM
Hal56
Pole Position

Factor affecting price of rx450h? Currency-- USD was around 100 and Japan is thinking it goes to 50 effectively doubling the price of cars imported from Japan.

Bloomberg
Dollar to Hit 50 Yen, Cease as Reserve, Sumitomo Says
By Shigeki Nozawa

Oct. 15 (Bloomberg) -- The dollar may drop to 50 yen next year and eventually lose its role as the global reserve currency, Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corp.’s chief strategist said, citing trading patterns and a likely double dip in the U.S. economy.

“The U.S. economy will deteriorate into 2011 as the effects of excess consumption and the financial bubble linger,” said Daisuke Uno at Sumitomo Mitsui, a unit of Japan’s third- biggest bank. “The dollar’s fall won’t stop until there’s a change to the global currency system.”

The dollar last week dropped to the lowest in almost a year against the yen as record U.S. government borrowings and interest rates near zero sapped demand for the U.S. currency. The Dollar Index, which tracks the greenback against the currencies of six major U.S. trading partners, has fallen 15 percent from its peak this year to as low as 75.211 today, the lowest since August 2008.

The gauge is about five points away from its record low in March 2008, and the dollar is 2.5 percent away from a 14-year low against the yen.

“We can no longer stop the big wave of dollar weakness,” said Uno, who correctly predicted the dollar would fall under 100 yen and the Dow Jones Industrial Average would sink below 7,000 after the bankruptcy of Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc. last year. If the U.S. currency breaks through record levels, “there will be no downside limit, and even coordinated intervention won’t work,” he said.

China, India, Brazil and Russia this year called for a replacement to the dollar as the main reserve currency. Hossein Ghazavi, Iran’s deputy central bank chief, said on Sept. 13 the euro has overtaken the dollar as the main currency of Iran’s foreign reserves...
Old 11-06-09, 03:01 PM
billy44bo
Lexus Test Driver

When in to day to see about ordering and what I can and can not get in a FWD RH450
and was offered $55,861 for Comfort Pkg, RES/DVD Nav , HUD ,Luxury Pkg, Mark Levinson, Intuitive Park Assist, Tow Prep Pkg, Remote Engine Start, Glass Breakage, Cargo Net, Cargo Mat, Wheel Locks. That's 2k off
MSRP without asking for it so might have to go from there.See what the car is worth and see who wants to deal in the Southeast and sale a preorder. Don't think I will find this on a car lot in the US any time soon

Last edited by billy44bo; 11-06-09 at 03:09 PM.
Old 11-22-09, 09:11 AM
kooser
Rookie

Just ordered an Obsidian RX 450h with Parchment Interior End of February delivery (fingers crossed).

Options specified:
CP (Comfort Package $825 MSRP)
LL (Luxury Package $4,800 MSRP)
IL (LED Headlamps with AFS $1,825 MSRP)
NV (Navi $2,465 MSRP)
EK (12 Speaker Upgraded Sound System $110 extra MSRP)
GF (HUD $1,200 MSRP)
PA (Parking Assist $500 MSRP)
TO (Towing Package $250 MSRP - I think)
Cargo Net/Cargo Mat/All Weather Floor Mats

I know the EK should be part of the NV and the IL should be part of the LL according to the 2010 RX Brochure/Booklet, but for some reason the dealer was adamant that they were indeed necessary to spec out separately. I insisted that I wasn't so interested in how they listed things, but I was NOT going to pay additional for these items.

Our negotiated final price was $52,757.00 (excluding state Tax, cook county tax, Title, License, Doc fee)

Aftermarket additions planned:
Passenger & Driver window tint to match rear windows
Foot rest, Gas & Break Pedals Custom Cut in Satin Finished Aluminum
3M Clear Bra Front, Headlights, Mirrors
Prestigious Society's DVD/Navigation Override Module
..I'm sure more to come

Good Luck with your negotiations!

Last edited by kooser; 11-22-09 at 09:21 AM.
Old 11-25-09, 03:24 PM
Fogcutter
Driver

On a $52K sticker I managed a $2k discount and they gave me $2K over what other dealers were offering for my trade. So I take it as a $4k total discount and I am very pleased. This dealer had 5 in stock, but every other dealer within a 100 mile radius was sold out and backordered for several weeks.

Love the vehicle BTW.

Quick Reply: RX450 Pricing