Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX450H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the RX450H. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other third generation RX models.

New 450h

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-09, 09:08 PM
LAMark
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default New 450h

In the process of becoming a 2-Lexus family. Ordered a Red Mica/Black 450h for the wife. Everything but PCS and Rear-seat DVD. At least I think it was everything, still a little confused by the option packages. Got HUD (wife loved it after seeing a quick demo in a 350), ML, LED headlights, Luxury package, Comfort package, Towing Prep Package. Wanted Sport Package but was told it's not available with the Luxury Package(?). Liked the improved Nav display, but my geeky favorite is the little diagram of where the power is going.

Took a test drive in a 450h, and it was much more impressive to me than the 350 was. More low-end torque (expected that), smoother ride (don't know why that would be?). It just seemed like the engine in the 350 was trying too hard, perhaps I'm spoiled by the responsiveness in my LS.

Now I wait. Maybe it will be in my Christmas stocking...
Old 09-13-09, 10:44 PM
HowardOR
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mark:
Got a call last week from Kendall. My black sapphire/parchment has been accepted by Lexus and anticipate arrival around Thanksgiving. Imagine ordering a meal at a fine restuarant and 15 minutes later the server informs you that the chef has accepted your order and the meal might be served sometime before they close. My option list is just about the same as yours.
Old 09-13-09, 10:49 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by LAMark
In the process of becoming a 2-Lexus family. Ordered a Red Mica/Black 450h for the wife. Everything but PCS and Rear-seat DVD. At least I think it was everything, still a little confused by the option packages. Got HUD (wife loved it after seeing a quick demo in a 350), ML, LED headlights, Luxury package, Comfort package, Towing Prep Package. Wanted Sport Package but was told it's not available with the Luxury Package(?). Liked the improved Nav display, but my geeky favorite is the little diagram of where the power is going.

Took a test drive in a 450h, and it was much more impressive to me than the 350 was. More low-end torque (expected that), smoother ride (don't know why that would be?). It just seemed like the engine in the 350 was trying too hard, perhaps I'm spoiled by the responsiveness in my LS.

Now I wait. Maybe it will be in my Christmas stocking...
welcome to the 2 lexus family club!
Old 09-14-09, 03:16 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 171 Likes on 145 Posts

LAMark, congrats. I'm looking at Christmas too, assuming my order is accepted. Make sure the dealer gives you a big red bow
Old 09-14-09, 08:37 AM
smsprague
Driver School Candidate

LAMark,

Out of curiosity how long did your dealer say it would take to receive your RX 450. I want to order one and would like to receive it in December. This would allow me to take advantage of the Sales Tax credit.
Old 09-14-09, 08:50 AM
ChadB1216
Driver School Candidate

I ordered my 450h on July 31 from Harvey Lexus in Grand Rapids, MI, and my salesguy said it would be ready for pick-up by September 30. About 8 weeks' wait time.
Old 09-14-09, 09:31 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 171 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by ChadB1216
I ordered my 450h on July 31 from Harvey Lexus in Grand Rapids, MI, and my salesguy said it would be ready for pick-up by September 30. About 8 weeks' wait time.
My dealer said at least 3 1/2 months. It takes a month just to come over from Japan.
Old 09-14-09, 09:32 AM
LAMark
Driver School Candidate

Default Thanks

Thanks everybody for your responses. As far as timing goes, the dealer quoted a range of 12-16 weeks, which in my case translates to early-to-late December.

By the way, I just noticed that www.lexus.com now has much more variety in option sets (can't call them packages) in my area. There are now 12 (!), including one at $15,063 that has everything I ordered plus PCS and the AC adapter.
Old 09-29-09, 02:40 PM
LAMark
Driver School Candidate

Well, now I'm told that my order has been "accepted", so I'm in the same boat as Howard. Why would they ever "reject" a paying customer? Only Lexus knows. I found out when I called the dealer to see if I could add PCS. I was told that since my order had been accepted the only way to do that was to cancel it and try again, adding at least a month to the delivery. Actually it wasn't PCS I wanted but the Adaptive Cruise Control. After getting a ride from my wife recently I now refer to ACC as the Anti-tailgating feature. Hmmm, maybe it's worth an extra month of waiting after all...
Old 10-21-09, 06:22 AM
psu77
Rookie

I just picked up my order RX450h after waiting 6 months. It is a beautiful car and well worth the wait. We previously owned a '99 RX300 so the difference in technology is unbelievable. You would never know it was a hybrid but the 30 mpg that I am getting reminds me.

I recall someone complaining about the Homelink buttons not being lit up. Well in my car there is a small pinhole light by the buttons that when you cup your hand arount it, it will give you enough light to see the buttons. So I don't know if this is only in the RX450 or it was recently added when they added the Enform function.
Old 10-21-09, 09:17 AM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Originally Posted by psu77
I recall someone complaining about the Homelink buttons not being lit up. Well in my car there is a small pinhole light by the buttons that when you cup your hand arount it, it will give you enough light to see the buttons. So I don't know if this is only in the RX450 or it was recently added when they added the Enform function.
our 450h has this small pinhole light too. we don't have enform.
Old 10-21-09, 01:09 PM
Cruiter
Pole Position

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by psu77
I just picked up my order RX450h after waiting 6 months. It is a beautiful car and well worth the wait. We previously owned a '99 RX300 so the difference in technology is unbelievable. You would never know it was a hybrid but the 30 mpg that I am getting reminds me.

I got mine in late June, part of the early production. The amazement you're having will last a while. I'm still realizing what a great machine it is after four months and 5000 miles. My mileage is down from just over 30 to about 29 even because they offered so much power I can't keep my foot out of it every now and then. Especially when you're at some speed and want to pass, wow !!!

I looked under it last week while it was on the rack for the 5k service. The stainless steel exhaust up in the well is still new and shiny, street muck doesn't seem to get into that area. Lots of new gizmo's underneath to learn about. Ask your mechanic if he'll give you a tour of them and explain the new stuff.

I had my key fixed to pwr down the windows and s/roof when I hold it, other than that just a visual inspection, rotate the tires, and change the oil & filter.

I hadn't noticed a difference when I tried a couple of tanks of mid grade and asked about it. The service adviser said the Lexus Rep had told them to tell the customers that would be just fine. In our area, mid grade is 89 octane.

Enjoy
Old 10-21-09, 02:34 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Originally Posted by Cruiter
I got mine in late June, part of the early production. The amazement you're having will last a while. I'm still realizing what a great machine it is after four months and 5000 miles. My mileage is down from just over 30 to about 29 even because they offered so much power I can't keep my foot out of it every now and then. Especially when you're at some speed and want to pass, wow !!!
yeah, even my wife made a similar comment. the more she drives the 450h, the more she loves it. the appreciation for what the 450h is will only come after you spend more time with the vehicle. the only unfortunate thing is that i only get to drive the RX only on weekends. LOL!