Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX450H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the RX450H. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other third generation RX models.

7000 Mile Update 2010 RX450h AWD

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-10, 04:38 PM
tnb1
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 7000 Mile Update 2010 RX450h AWD

7000 Mile Update 2010 RX450h AWD

We have had the SUV since July 2009. It is tungsten with black interior. It has proven to be versatile. Mileage has ranged from 23-28.5mpg.

Things we enjoy in no particular order.
Fewer trips to the gas station. (Have had Land Cruiser and Tahoe)
The vehicle will respond if we drive for speed, power, or efficiency.
The electric A/C and ventilated seats work great even when temps are >90 degrees.
In winter the cabin warms up fast if it is not in the eco mode.
It has proven to be sure footed on snow.
Interstate driving is comfortable and quiet with plenty of power for passing.
It never feels under powered.
Headsup display integrated with the nav..
Handsfree phone.
Individual tire pressure reporting.
Imperceptible hybrid system.
Remote touch device for controlling electronic systems.
Plenty of torque to pull our sailboat trailer with dealer installed hitch.

Things we do not like.
Auxiliary power and USB plugs buried in the bottom of center console.
The center of the back seat is hard and uncomfortable. Ok for 2 passengers but not 3.
Hard to find garage door opener in the dark.
Satellite radio, weather, nav not impressed and did not renew.

Overall great ride for us. In my opinion the most versatile AWD hybrid.

Terry
Old 01-17-10, 05:09 PM
Ipswich
Driver School Candidate

I got my 450h in October -- truffle/black -- and I really like it. I've previously had the Volvo XC90 and Acura MDX, and the 450h is by far superior.

As for the gas milage, I'm mostly suburban driving, lots of stop and go and occassional long stretches of uniterrupted traffic. I'm averaging about 26 mpg, which blows but is OK considering the type of driving I'm doing.

While in either my Volvo or Acura, I had to remember to check the tank, with the 450h I've actually forgotten to look as my time between fill ups has now generally doubled, from once a week to once every other week. And that's cool.

Terry, regarding the AUX and iPod connections, I agree they are located akwardly, as is the car phone charger. But my phone -- Blackberry Storm -- is also an MP3 player, so I play audio files wirelessly through the car speakers, just like using Bluetooth to answer an incoming call. That is a very cool feature. If you're MP3 device is Bluetooth, you also should be able to use this feature.

Anyway, I really, really like this car. I lease my cars, and usually I try to use my wife's SUV on the weekends or when I can. But I take mine whenever I can.

My only complaint is relatively minor but one that impacts me every day -- I'm only now getting used to the backup camera being slighly off-center. I park in an underground office garage every day, and the spaces are tight. The sightlines and the off-center camera were making parking straight a challenge. (My other minor issue is that the automatic retractable outside mirrors should be a la carte and not tied to the luxury package, which unless you're ordering and waiting 12 weeks is largely unavilable anyway.)

Still, this is a great ride. I love the ride, the feel, the interior and the gas mileage. I also love the truffle -- wasn't sure at first but now I love it.
Old 01-24-10, 02:50 PM
tnb1
Rookie

Ipswich,
Thanks for the headsup on Bluetooth Audio. Had my iphone setup for phone already and setup the audio today at your suggestion. Found directions in Nav system owner's manual page 376. "Hope for Haiti" album sounds great on the car system.
Terry