Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX450H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the RX450H. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other third generation RX models.

Questions about options

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-10, 09:52 PM
OC-ISF
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions about options

I'm finally finalizing the options on a custom order 450h and would like to hear your thoughts on whether to go with or skip the following options:
1. pre-collision system with dynamic radar cruise control
2. Rear Seat Entertainment (how does it compare to aftermarket systems)
3. towing prep package (because of the transmission cooler and heavy duty alternator and radiator)
4. sports package---dealer seemed to think i could get that with the luxury package, but I've heard otherwise here on the boards. Anita, Sandi, how do you like the ride after having your cars for a bit now?

This is what I am ordering:
Luxury, HUD, LED, Mark Levinson, intuitive parking assist, remote start

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and impressions!
Old 02-10-10, 11:49 PM
RXSF
Forum Moderator

Received 74 Likes on 45 Posts

I would get 1 for sure. I hear good things, such as once you have this technology, you wouldnt want anothe car without radar cruise. Plus the added security from the PCS is nice to have in the background.

I would not get 2 unless you have kids. and even if you do, you need to see if you go on long trips alot (if even) because otherwise I dont think its worth it. However, its a good option to have.

the towing prep package is only what, $300? might as well get it if you do some towing.

Last edited by RXSF; 02-11-10 at 12:57 PM.
Old 02-11-10, 03:45 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!
Forum Moderator

Received 173 Likes on 147 Posts

OC-ISF, if you're looking for a tight drive, definitely get the sport package. The 19" tires make a difference too. I can feel it in the steering wheel. The ride is nice, not bumpy. I test drove the 350 with the sport package before I ordered my 450h so I had an idea of what it was like. I'm happy with my choice.

Don't forget the glass breakage sensor too. For the price, it's worth adding. Good luck.
Old 02-11-10, 04:19 AM
wyau01
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by OC-ISF
I'm finally finalizing the options on a custom order 450h and would like to hear your thoughts on whether to go with or skip the following options:
1. pre-collision system with dynamic radar cruise control
2. Rear Seat Entertainment (how does it compare to aftermarket systems)
3. towing prep package (because of the transmission cooler and heavy duty alternator and radiator)
4. sports package---dealer seemed to think i could get that with the luxury package, but I've heard otherwise here on the boards. Anita, Sandi, how do you like the ride after having your cars for a bit now?

This is what I am ordering:
Luxury, HUD, LED, Mark Levinson, intuitive parking assist, remote start

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and impressions!
I tried to order sports and luxury package at the same time, but Lexus rejected the order.
As for RSES, factory is better since you can control everything from the front seats using the remote touch, also it comes with a dvd changer w/o getting the ML package.
Old 02-27-10, 04:14 PM
lili43
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

How will the car drive differently between Sport package and Not? My husband wants me to get it for when he drives, but I like the typical soft Lexus style.
Old 02-27-10, 04:47 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!
Forum Moderator

Received 173 Likes on 147 Posts

Welcome lili43. I think I'm the only one here that has the 450h with the sports package. IMO steering is tighter and more responsive. I like it more than RXs without. The ride is firm but not overly bumpy. The 19" tires are nice. I notice it takes a little more effort to turn the steering wheel than in my '04. Still, it's manageable and not necessarily unique to the sports package.

Best thing to do is test drive a 350 with the sports package if you can find one. It's not a popular option. I had to special order mine. It took 4 months to get it. Sandi K here has a 350 with the sports package and waited 6 months for hers. But I know they exist. I drove a 350 with it before ordering the 450h. Good luck.
Old 02-27-10, 07:24 PM
tnb1
Rookie

Consider AWD if you will be going to the mountains for skiing. AWD, tow prep package, and dealer installed hitch for pulling trailers or boats.
Terry
Old 02-27-10, 07:26 PM
oscqc
Rookie

Default Options

I would only go for the towing package if you really feel that you will be towing something from time to time. Otherwise, it just adds weight as well as cost. Up here in Canada, I was forced to buy the rear seat DVD units as part of a package. A total waste of money for me as I never expect anyone to be riding in the rear seats while I have the vehicle.

One thing I really appreciate is the HUD. I find that it helps me keep my speed down.

Compared with the Audi Nav system, the Lexus Nav system really sucks.

Best wishes with your new vehicle.

Last edited by oscqc; 03-04-10 at 03:26 PM.
Old 03-03-10, 09:28 PM
OC-ISF
Driver School Candidate

Thank you ALL for your input! Very, very helpful. As it turns out, I didn't custom order because the dealer was able to trade a vehicle destined for elsewhere before it came into port. It had everything except pre-collision/dynamic cruise control and RSES. After driving a vehicle with the pre-collision system, I decided it wasn't for me. I figured I could get the RSES aftermarket so here it is:

2010 RX450h
Aurora White
Luxury Package
Mark Levinson
LED Headlamps w/AFS, Intelligent High Beams & Washer
Heads Up Display
Side Angle, Side-View Monitor
19 inch alloy wheels
Cross Bars
Tow Prep Package
Intuitive Parking Assist
Remote Engine Start
Glass Breakage Sensors

So, it's finally official!!! Michelle
Old 03-03-10, 10:03 PM
wyau01
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by OC-ISF
Thank you ALL for your input! Very, very helpful. As it turns out, I didn't custom order because the dealer was able to trade a vehicle destined for elsewhere before it came into port. It had everything except pre-collision/dynamic cruise control and RSES. After driving a vehicle with the pre-collision system, I decided it wasn't for me. I figured I could get the RSES aftermarket so here it is:

2010 RX450h
Aurora White
Luxury Package
Mark Levinson
LED Headlamps w/AFS, Intelligent High Beams & Washer
Heads Up Display
Side Angle, Side-View Monitor
19 inch alloy wheels
Cross Bars
Tow Prep Package
Intuitive Parking Assist
Remote Engine Start
Glass Breakage Sensors

So, it's finally official!!! Michelle
Nice catch, don't forget the much softer leather that comes with Luxury package. One of the best option.
Old 03-04-10, 11:30 AM
wa3cuj
Intermediate

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by oscqc
Compared with the Audi Nav system, the Lexus Nav system really sucks.
I have the Nav System in my 2007 Audi A6 and like it alot also (except for all of the **** turning to input addresses) however the Lexus system has many more features (I make good use of the 3 routes feature). If they could just blend the two together, you would have a great system. Audi uses a Navteq database, I am not sure about Lexus.

I was in Toronto last weekend and traveling west on Lake Shore Dr. heading toward Beaches, the Lexus system told me to turn right...right into Lake Ontario on one occassion!!
Old 03-04-10, 03:23 PM
jeffmust
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, that's obviously your fault for not getting the Submarine with Snorkel Option!
Old 03-04-10, 03:24 PM
oscqc
Rookie

I was born and raised in Toronto and have to travel their frequently. To get to the Beaches from the Lakeshore, you must have been travelling East, not West.