Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX450H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the RX450H. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other third generation RX models.

How much for RX 450h

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-10, 02:55 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 172 Likes on 146 Posts

Kan, congrats. Make sure you post pictures when you get it.
Old 04-06-10, 03:25 PM
RXSF

Received 74 Likes on 45 Posts

looking forward to the pics. what options do you have on it?
Old 04-07-10, 10:11 PM
doctormom
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kankri99
Finally, Sewell agreed for another $300 off ($46,697.99 + TTL) to make it$50,000 drive out price. Its a brand new Obsidian Black with Parchment interior arriving in a couple of days.

thanks everyone for your valuable input.

Kan

Congrats! From my research so far it looks like you got a pretty good deal. What options did you get? Does yours have Mark Levinson or DVD player? Also, after you get the car please share regarding your dealer/salesman experience. Thanks for the info!

Dr. Mom
Old 04-09-10, 06:48 PM
billy44bo
Lexus Test Driver

I will have to your dealer in Dallas on my list next year if Lexus will put all the toys in a FWD. Can not get a FED with Hud. Luxury Pkg, ml .RSES ML and LED's
Old 04-12-10, 08:43 AM
kankri99
Driver School Candidate

Finally, got my new RX450h (obsidian black with Parchment) on Sat'day. BTW, it has the following options loaded:

COMFORT PKG[CP];
12-SPEAKER PREMIUM AUDIO SYSTEM FOR NAVIGATION[EK];
19" ALUMINUM ALLOY WHEELS[FT];
BI-XENON HIGH INTENSITY DISCHARGE (HID) HEADLAMPS[HL];
NAVIGATION SYSTEM[NV];
INTUITIVE PARKING ASSIST[PA];
PREMIUM PKG[PM];
WOOD & LEATHER-TRIMMED STEERING WHEEL & SHIFT ****[WU];
PREFERRED ACCESSORY PACKAGE[Z1];

MSRP $51,957; Purchase Price $46,700 + TTL

Will post pictures soon.

My dealership experience was smooth. No any kind of sales pressure for purchasing extended warranty etc.

thanks
Old 04-18-10, 09:07 AM
doctormom
Driver School Candidate

Default Got mine! Woo hoo!

Hi guys,

Well we decided not to wait any longer and pulled the trigger on an RX450h on Friday! It is a black on black AWD with the following options:

Premium Package
Comfort Package
Navigation with 12-speaker audio
Heads-Up Display
Bi-Xenon High Intensity Discharge Headlamps with AFS
Intuitive Park Assist
Tow Prep Package
Wood & Leather Trimmed Steering Wheel & Shift ****
Accessory Package: Cargo Mat, Cargo Net & Wheel Locks

We really wanted the RSES/Nav package because we have 2 small boys and would get a lot of use out of it but the dealer did not have any. But he suggested that we have the dealer install a twin headrest DVD system that is very similar to the factory one--we were told that if the dealer did the install that it would be covered under the full factory warranty. So we included that and they are going to install it on Monday. We also bought some kind of interior/exterior protectant stuff called Resist-all (again mostly because of the boys) which they will apply at the same time.

We're very pleased with the car so far but I have been unable to take any pictures yet. It has rained pretty much non-stop here in Dallas since we bought it

Dr. Mom
Old 04-18-10, 12:01 PM
RXSF

Congrats Dr mom. Sounds like a pretty well equipped car that you are really going to enjoy. I am interested in what the after market dealer installed DVD system looks like, be sure to take pictures of that

as for the interior exterior resist all, sorry to say that any dealer add ons at the end are known to be scams, with possibly the exception of the tire warranty. However, I guess you are buying piece of mind because they probably told you that if anything did happen to the interior/exterior, they would fix it for free. Of course it does no harm, but they over charge for something that can be applied by yourself in 10 minutes.
Old 04-18-10, 02:55 PM
sleepysurf
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RXSF
as for the interior exterior resist all, sorry to say that any dealer add ons at the end are known to be scams... but they over charge for something that can be applied by yourself in 10 minutes.
I'm curious which aftermarket leather protectant folks recommend, particularly for the perforated ventilated seats. My RX450h will be arriving in ~3-4 wks, and that's #1 on my To-Do list.
Old 04-18-10, 03:05 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Dr. Mom, congrats. Guess you couldn't resist. Great color combo and lots of goodies for children and adults alike Looking forward to seeing pics.
Old 04-18-10, 03:23 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Originally Posted by sleepysurf
I'm curious which aftermarket leather protectant folks recommend, particularly for the perforated ventilated seats. My RX450h will be arriving in ~3-4 wks, and that's #1 on my To-Do list.
I agree with RXSF, save your money and buy/apply yourself. There are several threads on this topic so be prepared to hear lots of recommendations.

The untreated black seats in my 450h looked a bit dry when I got it in January. I put a quick coat of 303 on them for UV protection, dash too. Recently I used the Optimum leather cleaner/conditioner and am satisfied with the results. Later this year I plan on doing the leather oil, not sure which brand yet. My seats are ventilated but I did not find this to be a problem. Just keep it light, spray on the microfiber cloth instead of the seats, and wipe off any excess.
Old 04-19-10, 11:18 AM
doctormom
Driver School Candidate

We dropped the car off this morning for the DVD's and Resistall and I can't wait to see how it turns out!

I guess maybe we got suckered into the Resistall but like other posters have said, it's not only the protection of the product but the warranty aspect of it. We were told that if my kids stain the interior or rip/puncture the leather (those of us with carseats know how easy it is to damage leather) and the dealer couldn't clean it, that they would replace it. To illustrate that the dealer showed us a $4000 bill for replaced carpet and leather on a car that had only 2500 miles on it--he said that the owner and a bunch of friends went partying and ended up puking red wine all over the car (ew). Who knows if the story is true and I guess only time will tell if it was worth it.

I will try to get some pictures up now that it has finally stopped raining!
Old 04-19-10, 12:54 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Dr. Mom, in all fairness, I don't have kids to worry about tearing up the seats, at least not the human kind The warranty sounds great to have for the extra cost. I had something put on the seats of my '04 for $200. Whether it helped, I don't know. I made sure I cleaned regularly anyway.

And after hearing that story about the replacement carpets and leather, I will never be the designated driver

Good luck with your RX
Old 04-20-10, 09:04 PM
doctormom
Driver School Candidate

We finally got the car back from the dealer (they said they needed to keep it overnight to allow the new pinstripe to fully dry). The dealer-installed headrest DVD's ended up looking great and my boys are nuts about them. They installed the Rosen AV7500 system and it looks absolutely seamless (see photos below).

One of the first things I noticed when I got in the car was how awful the Resistall smells! I was surprised because I had never read anything about it smelling bad anywhere. The dealer assured me that the smell would wear off but I don't know . Granted I am one of those weird people that can get a headache from really strong leather smells (I almost always get one at auto shows) but my husband thought it reeked as well. I hope it wears off soon because I can almost not ride in the car for now. Has anyone else out there had the same experience?

Took pictures today but most of them sucked. Will try again tomorrow but I knew some folks were wanting to see the DVD's so I just posted those for now.
Attached Thumbnails How much for RX 450h-p1010454.jpg   How much for RX 450h-p1010453.jpg  
Old 04-20-10, 11:59 PM
RXSF

nice! hope the smell wears off quick too. I had that done to my IS300 back in 2002 when I got it, and it never made the car smell. In fact, it just enhanced the original leather/new smell of the car and till this day I can still smell that new car smell.
Old 04-21-10, 10:39 PM
wyau01
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by doctormom
We finally got the car back from the dealer (they said they needed to keep it overnight to allow the new pinstripe to fully dry). The dealer-installed headrest DVD's ended up looking great and my boys are nuts about them. They installed the Rosen AV7500 system and it looks absolutely seamless (see photos below).

One of the first things I noticed when I got in the car was how awful the Resistall smells! I was surprised because I had never read anything about it smelling bad anywhere. The dealer assured me that the smell would wear off but I don't know . Granted I am one of those weird people that can get a headache from really strong leather smells (I almost always get one at auto shows) but my husband thought it reeked as well. I hope it wears off soon because I can almost not ride in the car for now. Has anyone else out there had the same experience?

Took pictures today but most of them sucked. Will try again tomorrow but I knew some folks were wanting to see the DVD's so I just posted those for now.
Looks like they replace the whole head rest, the one you have doesn't look like a RX head rest. You should check if it is real leather.

Quick Reply: How much for RX 450h