Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX450H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the RX450H. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other third generation RX models.

2009 side bumper strips on 2010 450h?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-10, 03:21 PM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by rxets
Cool. Thanks for the info.
The part is of very nice quality.
This installer goes to north Jersey dealerships doing moldings,dings,touch ups,scratch repair,headlight lens restoration,windshield repair etc.on dealer used cars.He's had the company since '79 and is very busy.
I didn't want to wait any longer so he called me and I met him at a local Toyota dealer where he did the install in less than a half hour.Maybe 20 minutes and they're perfectly installed.
The side moldings were shipped to him on a long heavy cardboard box cylinder and wrapped in a burlap type cloth.Very nice quality packing.
Also included were the directions and adhesive promoter.
Not hard to do yourself.All you need is a ruler,non permanent marker and painters tape.
Old 05-05-10, 05:43 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Burnaby
Gulp.........!
come on burnaby, i don't buy it. for a guy that owned a LS460, $600 is but a drop in the bucket for you.
Old 05-05-10, 07:41 PM
Johnny
Pole Position

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

I reserve the right to be cheap, regardless what I drive...
Old 05-05-10, 10:49 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Burnaby
I reserve the right to be cheap, regardless what I drive...
touche!
Old 05-06-10, 04:12 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by kitlz
Yes, the dealer can get them and install for you. They're about $600.
I posted info on the moldings and never mentioned what I paid.
I wound up paying $450 after getting the invoice price of the RX but I could have bought the moldings online and installed myself for around $150 and an easy install too.
Just have to make sure you stick the moldings on right the first time.

Last edited by Joeb427; 05-06-10 at 05:51 AM.
Old 05-08-10, 01:27 PM
1NEAT_SC
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ordered the moldings for the Matador Red 450h a couple days ago. Joe's looked pretty good to me. Don't know if I'll like them or not, but will soon find out. Even if it saves one hard hit ....it's worth it to me. I hate it when somebody (usually the passenger) hits any car while entering or exiting another vehicle. I'll post the results on this thread once it's done. Still considering the clear bra....

lar
Old 05-08-10, 01:32 PM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1NEAT_SC
Ordered the moldings for the Matador Red 450h a couple days ago. Joe's looked pretty good to me. Don't know if I'll like them or not, but will soon find out. Even if it saves one hard hit ....it's worth it to me. I hate it when somebody (usually the passenger) hits any car while entering or exiting another vehicle. I'll post the results on this thread once it's done. Still considering the clear bra....

lar
Lar,did you order the plain painted or chrome insert painted?
Old 05-08-10, 02:10 PM
1NEAT_SC
Pole Position

I ordered the painted (red matador). Hope I didn't screw up. Yours appear to be the same color as your RX and liked them so that is why I went with the painted.

I see you ordered the mudflaps. I'll be anxious to see how they look. I sent a note to them to see what the costs are + shipping as well as how long to receive them once they have the order. I had them on my 4Runner and thought it helped the looks as well as protecting from flying rocks and mud.

lar
Old 05-08-10, 02:35 PM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

I ordered the painted (red matador). Hope I didn't screw up. Yours appear to be the same color as your RX and liked them so that is why I went with the painted.

I see you ordered the mudflaps. I'll be anxious to see how they look. I sent a note to them to see what the costs are + shipping as well as how long to receive them once they have the order. I had them on my 4Runner and thought it helped the looks as well as protecting from flying rocks and mud.

lar
Yeah,I think the non chrome insert painted is much better.Especially on a medium to dark color like your red.
I should get the total cost and shipping time from Richmond Hill Lexus in Toronto on Tues.
I'll let you know.
Old 05-08-10, 02:45 PM
1NEAT_SC
Pole Position

Thanks Joeb, I didn't like the idea of a chrome insert. Glad I didn't screw up..lol

If I hear back from them before then, I may go ahead and order them too (Mudflaps). Appears to be a basic installation.

lar
Old 05-08-10, 03:47 PM
sleepysurf
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lar
Is there an online store for ordering from Dawn Enterprises, or did you order from your local dealer or detailer? I'd like to order a set as well and install them myself.
Old 05-08-10, 04:47 PM
1NEAT_SC
Pole Position

I don't know anything about this place, but found them the other day and from what I read about them they shouldn't be too bad. They sounded like the same material that Joeb used for his RX, so figuring it's probably made by the same company. They also have the color charts to click on for your vehicle. $163.51 includes shipping.

http://www.spoilerdepot.com/Body-Side-Molding/Lexus

hope that helps.

lar

Last edited by 1NEAT_SC; 05-08-10 at 04:55 PM.
Old 05-08-10, 07:29 PM
sleepysurf
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Actually, I just found an eBay vendor (highly rated) which sells the Dawn Enterprises side molding for ~ $130 shipped, and already placed my order...
http://myworld.ebay.com/ebaymotors/zigsauto/
Old 05-09-10, 05:02 AM
1NEAT_SC
Pole Position

Sleepy, that works. Good job on that. I found one place for $79, but didn't have the color you and I needed. I didn't call or email them just looked at their colors available. (Spoiler-something) oh well.

Nice color on you RX (-: Mines older than yours...lol I got mine on the 26th and I guess you got yours on the 28th. good choice.

lar

lar
Old 05-10-10, 04:11 PM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Guys,if you're doing your own install,my pro install guy felt the rear door moldings should be a 1/4" higher than the Dawn instructions.
I went with his opinion.
Just throwing that out there.

Quick Reply: 2009 side bumper strips on 2010 450h?