Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX450H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the RX450H. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other third generation RX models.

Questions about possible 450h purchase

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-10, 09:15 PM
Lil4cyl
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions about possible 450h purchase

Hello all,

I am a former RX300 owner, who went to the dark side and traded it for an "American" company vehicle. Big mistake...etc..etc...

I am considering the purchase of a 2010 RX450h, and wanted to find out what other owners are paying for warranties, service plans.

I will be purchasing from Hendrick Lexus in Charlotte,NC , so anyone who specifically has purchased their Service plan please let me know what their price ranges are. I would want the best plan they offer.

Also, I would want to purchase an extended warranty to 100k miles. Any info on what they may offer and a price range for this would be helpful also.

Thanks in advance for any tips/advice that can be given. I prefer not to deal with salesmen until I am actually ready to purchase.
Old 05-24-10, 05:15 AM
Cruiter
Pole Position

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Lil4cyl
Hello all,

I am a former RX300 owner, who went to the dark side and traded it for an "American" company vehicle. Big mistake...etc..etc...

I am considering the purchase of a 2010 RX450h, and wanted to find out what other owners are paying for warranties, service plans.

I will be purchasing from Hendrick Lexus in Charlotte,NC , so anyone who specifically has purchased their Service plan please let me know what their price ranges are. I would want the best plan they offer.

Also, I would want to purchase an extended warranty to 100k miles. Any info on what they may offer and a price range for this would be helpful also.

Thanks in advance for any tips/advice that can be given. I prefer not to deal with salesmen until I am actually ready to purchase.
Congratulations on your decision to 'come back'

The car has an extremely good warranty, probably no need for an expensive 'insurance' plan.

Also, your biggest expense will be 10,000 mile oil and filter changes with tire rotation at 5,000 mile intervals so no need for an expensive service plan. The 1st 10,000 mile oil change is complimentary. I'm at 12,000 miles and haven't spent a dime yet.

Go forth with confidence and wonderful expectations while driving one of the most high tech cars available at any price today.
Old 05-24-10, 06:59 AM
Lil4cyl
Lead Lap

Thank you for the reply. The service plan I was talking about I was assuming took care of scheduled maintenance like at 30k, 60k etc. Sort of a prepayment for them, but at discount. Those are usually high cost services, and wanted to defray the cost.
Old 05-24-10, 09:33 AM
Cruiter
Pole Position

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Lil4cyl
Thank you for the reply. The service plan I was talking about I was assuming took care of scheduled maintenance like at 30k, 60k etc. Sort of a prepayment for them, but at discount. Those are usually high cost services, and wanted to defray the cost.
I understand but other than oil, filter, and occasionally other filters such a fuel, cabin air, and such nothing else is needed except for tire rotation. The batteries are warranted for nearly 10 years. You'll probably trade before then . There is no longer an overhead cam/timing belt to change. It's an internal cam chain. If buying a maintenance plan makes you feel better, than buy all means do what feels good for you. But the chances are you can watch your dealers email adds/specials and come out ahead. Save your money for tires.

Speaking of tires, if you can, make sure you take a care with the Michelin's or negotiate with your dealer to swap them with another car in stock. They are by far the best choice.

Good luck and enjoy.
Old 05-24-10, 12:02 PM
Lil4cyl
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Cruiter
I understand but other than oil, filter, and occasionally other filters such a fuel, cabin air, and such nothing else is needed except for tire rotation. The batteries are warranted for nearly 10 years. You'll probably trade before then . There is no longer an overhead cam/timing belt to change. It's an internal cam chain. If buying a maintenance plan makes you feel better, than buy all means do what feels good for you. But the chances are you can watch your dealers email adds/specials and come out ahead. Save your money for tires.

Speaking of tires, if you can, make sure you take a care with the Michelin's or negotiate with your dealer to swap them with another car in stock. They are by far the best choice.

Good luck and enjoy.
Thanks for the info. I will make a note to ask for the Michelin tires.
I will most likely have to order one, as the option combination I want may not be readily available on the lot(I hope it is though)

One thing that irritates me is on the Lexus site, when you try to "Build your own" rx450, there is no choice to pick the Mark Levinson sound system anywhere in the options. But if you go to build it on kbb.com, it has all the seperate options nicely listed. Plus you get invoice pricing info too. Hopefully they will agree to a $500 above invoice pricepoint for a sale. Which will put me right at $50,500.00 range for an AWD with the options I want. They might surprise me and offer a better deal.
Old 05-24-10, 03:22 PM
sleepysurf
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I suspect you can get some pretty good deals right now, as Truecar.com shows the selling prices have been falling recently, and Cars.com currently shows 30+ RX 450h's in local inventory, whereas they had NONE when I ordered mine 12/09. I kinda wish I had waited, but at least I've got mine sitting in the driveway!