Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX450H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the RX450H. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other third generation RX models.

Technology of the past thrashing into Today

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-10, 09:47 AM
Cruiter
Pole Position

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Technology of the past thrashing into Today

Here's hoping our (h) models are as well designed as these old thrashers of nearly 130 years ago. Watching, smelling, and hearing these go by today was a notch off my 'Bucket' list .

This annual event has grown so large, there were over 50 of these beasts snorting and thrashing down the road this morning.

Note, our horns are a little better tuned than these whistles

Enjoy even if it is 'slightly' off topic http://picasaweb.google.com/USNCruit...QE&feat=email#
Old 07-03-10, 10:15 AM
wa3cuj
Intermediate

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts

Great pictures Jim!!

Were these antiques or were they hobbyist versions built with today's materials?

Some of these look like the steam catapults used on the cable channel that shows Pumkin Chunkin. I am only about 2.5 hours away from that annual event and hope to scratch that off my bucket list this fall!!!
Old 07-03-10, 10:25 AM
Cruiter
Pole Position

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by wa3cuj
Great pictures Jim!!

Were these antiques or were they hobbyist versions built with today's materials?

Some of these look like the steam catapults used on the cable channel that shows Pumkin Chunkin. I am only about 2.5 hours away from that annual event and hope to scratch that off my bucket list this fall!!!
The vast majority were restored classics. I saw one that was an old boiler and engine mounted onto a frame and truck tires with a worm drive and I'm pretty sure the 'pint' size was a family project. But the others were conceived with genes long before ours.

Pumkin Chunkin sound like a lot of fun