Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX400H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the RX400H. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other second generation RX models.

Pulling hard to the right - no one can fix it?!

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-12, 06:16 PM
xusforlife
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To some extant perhaps.
But this is so pronounced that when you travel on the highway and the road goes left you have to turn the wheel to the right to keep follow the roads left turn and not over steer to the left. And when the road straightens out you need to be cautious and begin to steer to the left again otherwise the roads right crowning together with your 'combat-left-crowning-by turning-right' will throw the vehicle into the soft shoulder within a couple of seconds.

Doing an overtake on a road with crowning is quite demanding since you will have to actively compensate for for both the crowning behaviour and as well the overtake by itself.

I've driven quite many vehicles but I've never been forced to turn right (a few minutes past twelve on the wheel) on a highway to get the car not to turn overturn left.

Originally Posted by rcy
Isn't that normal for any vehicle? The crown of the road will cause the vehicle to drift that way...
Old 04-04-12, 07:28 PM
nmikmik
Rookie

Hi,

I don't know these cars.

a. Sorry for all the trouble you have to go through
b. The symptoms and the story you are describing are almost typical of the damaged unibody (like after an accident).
So the questions I have:
a. was it ever in the accident?
b. did you drive it to the shop for replacing the leaking transmission or was it towed?
c. did the shop behave as they were almost sorry for you?

If the answer to any of the above is yes, bring it to the frame shop and have them inspect it without telling them what transpired at the dealership. There is a chance they have a relationship they don't want to damage.
Good luck.
Old 04-05-12, 01:51 PM
xusforlife
Driver

Thanks.
One of my questions to the dealership was to ask about if it could be the remnants of an accident. But the Lexus/Toyota service history, physical inspections etc do not show anything at all that point towards that.

I drove the car to the shop. It was not towed.

The shop I've had contact with was not the same who did the transmissionwork. The original ship was one of the best independent Lexus shops. This shop was then merged into the dealership and the staff took place in the management of the dealership. I still do all communication and correspondence with the same people and they are most kind and understanding.
They have, IMO really stepped up and done everything I can think of and not charged me a single cent for all work what so ever.

Originally Posted by nmikmik
Hi,

I don't know these cars.

a. Sorry for all the trouble you have to go through
b. The symptoms and the story you are describing are almost typical of the damaged unibody (like after an accident).
So the questions I have:
a. was it ever in the accident?
b. did you drive it to the shop for replacing the leaking transmission or was it towed?
c. did the shop behave as they were almost sorry for you?

If the answer to any of the above is yes, bring it to the frame shop and have them inspect it without telling them what transpired at the dealership. There is a chance they have a relationship they don't want to damage.
Good luck.
Old 04-05-12, 06:13 PM
nmikmik
Rookie

If it was all fine before the transmission install. It's kind of obvious that something happened either during installation or between you dropping it off and picking it up. I'd still go to the frame shop and have it checked.
Just playing the devil's advocate
"They have, IMO really stepped up and done everything I can think of and not charged me a single cent for all work what so ever."

Why?