Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX450H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the RX450H. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other third generation RX models.

I am in LOVE

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-10, 08:44 AM
TorontoIS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Default I am in LOVE

Well that was a smooth new car pick up, I would expect nothing less from a great Lexus dealer.

I LOVE this new car. I was always a guy who liked smallish sport cars, but I must say that there is something really nice about driving this awesome SUV, especially when you know you are sitting at a light and not using any fuel and not emitting pollutants into the air.

Anyhow, there is a lot of reading to do, but I've already synced my iPhone 4 so all my contacts are in the car now.. I couldn't do that with my IS 350 so I'm already way ahead. As well, I have an iPod that will live in the car that is all set up. I think I'll go for a drive this afternoon to get used to the new car, but I love how it feels and looks so far.
Attached Thumbnails I am in LOVE-dsc04045sm.jpg   I am in LOVE-dsc04046sm.jpg   I am in LOVE-dsc04048sm.jpg   I am in LOVE-dsc04062sm.jpg  
Old 12-11-10, 09:13 AM
JimH2
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs up

Congrats on the new ride. I love the color as well--assume it is the Smoky Granite Mica.
Old 12-11-10, 10:27 AM
RXSF

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

congrats! I see you got the LED lights, they are practically a must and are a real eye catcher
Old 12-11-10, 10:48 AM
Cruiter
Pole Position

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by TorontoIS
Well that was a smooth new car pick up, I would expect nothing less from a great Lexus dealer.

I LOVE this new car. I was always a guy who liked smallish sport cars, but I must say that there is something really nice about driving this awesome SUV, especially when you know you are sitting at a light and not using any fuel and not emitting pollutants into the air.

Anyhow, there is a lot of reading to do, but I've already synced my iPhone 4 so all my contacts are in the car now.. I couldn't do that with my IS 350 so I'm already way ahead. As well, I have an iPod that will live in the car that is all set up. I think I'll go for a drive this afternoon to get used to the new car, but I love how it feels and looks so far.
Looks great, congratulations. Got a name for it yet ??? And Gender ???
Old 12-11-10, 11:05 AM
TorontoIS
Lexus Test Driver

What a great SUV! Yes it is Smokey Granite Metallic which is such a great colour. I will miss my Matador Red IS 350 in some ways, but the advantages of the RX450h far out way any negatives compared with the IS for me. I cannot believe that I'm already getting 10L/100km. This on a brand new car with less than 100 kms on it and with almost all city stop and go traffic and finally with me sitting in it for ages, engine coming off and on to keep me warm.

I love the new seats, are they ever comfortable. The view out from the driver's seat is incredible. I'm sure I'll have more comments as I drive it more and more, but so far so great!

The LED headlights for me were a must, I cannot believe how great the light cluster looks, they are really distinctive.

I don't have a name yet, but since it is a car I guess tradition would have it that it is a she. But I guess we can break with tradition if we want. I'll have to think about it. I don't usually name my cars, my Vespas yes, but not my cars. I'll probably call it the H.
Old 12-11-10, 01:05 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 168 Likes on 142 Posts

Congratulations Benny. I noticed it was a little cloudy but no snow

Glad you're smitten with the 450h. It's an incredible vehicle. After spending a few hours studying the manuals (there will be a test later ), you'll only appreciate it much more. Oh wait, take a spin in the snow and you'll be ear to ear grin like this Have fun!
Old 12-11-10, 01:51 PM
TorontoIS
Lexus Test Driver

OMG, that manual is huge! But I will prevail.....eventually. I don't think I can take that all in in one sitting. It may takes months of diligent studying, such as I have not known since medical school. LOL.

I've looked at the Coles notes version (Canadians will know what this is) and I get it, most of it. One thing that confuses me that you guys probably have already figured out. I have the GPS map set to Canada, so when you search you would think that it would search based on the Canadian map. However, when you use voice to search an address, it seems to default to DC for some reason that I cannot for the life of me understand. I have to then tell it to change state to our province of Ontario, and then it works. Weird that I should have to change it each and every time, but I do. Is there another setting buried in there somewhere that I cannot find and change? Other than that, it is all good so far.

I cannot believe how much better the voice commands are in this new GPS system Lexus is now using. I NEVER used voice commands in the IS 350, it really was unusable as far as I'm concerned. However, with the new system I will actually use it, it's great so far for phone calls!

Yes Anita, no snow. We were supposed to get a pile, but they're delayed that until tomorrow or Monday. I might get a chance to try out the new RX 450h with its new Michelin all season tires in snow soon enough. Anyone else have the Michelins? Any opinion of them?
Old 12-11-10, 02:20 PM
JimH2
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Enclosed are the opinions per the Tirerack survey. Mine came w/ Bridgestone Dueler H/L 400 tires, and I purchased Michelin Tour HP's right away (from Tirerack) and replaced the Bridgestones. Have yet to take the Michelins in the snow, but I am sure they are better than the Bridgestones.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/survey...ireSearch=true
Old 12-11-10, 02:53 PM
TorontoIS
Lexus Test Driver

I haven't even checked to see which Michelins came on my RX. I assume they are the same Michelin Tour HP's that you very helpfully gave me the link to. Thanks Jim, that was very helpful.
Old 12-11-10, 04:30 PM
Cruiter
Pole Position

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by TorontoIS
I haven't even checked to see which Michelins came on my RX. I assume they are the same Michelin Tour HP's that you very helpfully gave me the link to. Thanks Jim, that was very helpful.
The OEM Michelin's are the Latitude HP's with a 440 tire wear rating which is pretty good for a low profile tire that also handles as well as these. I don't think you'll fine anything wrong with them in the snow.
It's a great looking car you have
Old 12-11-10, 11:06 PM
RXSF

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

if you go to the destination menu, there definitely should be a search area and you have to choose what area to search, but you only have to do this once. try to play around with it, I dont know the exact location, but I can check.
Old 12-12-10, 04:33 AM
TorontoIS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by RXSF
if you go to the destination menu, there definitely should be a search area and you have to choose what area to search, but you only have to do this once. try to play around with it, I dont know the exact location, but I can check.

In that menu the search area is set to Canada. However, if I use the voice controls I always have to change state as it defaults to one of the US states.