Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX450H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the RX450H. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other third generation RX models.

Squeaks and rattles in dash

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-11, 10:31 AM
Mkml63
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Squeaks and rattles in dash

Hi all,
Just joined the club today. I have an '11 RX 450h for about 3 weeks now and there is a rattle in the dash that squeaks at the same time, driving me insane. I am taking it to the dealer on Monday, hope they can resolve it. The car would be perfect otherwise. Anyone else have this problem as well, if so, was the dealer able to fix it?
Thanks,
Mark
Old 02-14-11, 03:00 PM
Mkml63
Rookie

Angry

Brought my 450 in for dealer to locate and fix the dash rattle/squeak today. Had a nice technician take a ride with me, of course the car barely rattled at all. The tech said it's probably rattling less because the temp was up today, around 50. They will keep it till tomorrow since temps will only be in the mid 30's.
I got a 350 loaner, with 4000 plus miles on it. Is it me or does the 450 feel more polished and smoother all around. The 350's throttle was very touchy and it actually rode more harshly with 18" wheels than my 450 with 19"s.
Whoever had the car before me was very ignorant because their dog got the black interior filthy with it's paws and never bothered to wipe it down a bit. Very inconsiderate
Old 02-14-11, 05:35 PM
TorontoIS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

It isn't just you. I also find that the 350 isn't as smooth and polished as the 450h, it is one of the reasons I purchased the 450h. I hope they fix your noises.
Old 02-14-11, 05:51 PM
Mkml63
Rookie

Originally Posted by TorontoIS
It isn't just you. I also find that the 350 isn't as smooth and polished as the 450h, it is one of the reasons I purchased the 450h. I hope they fix your noises.
I hope so as well, otherwise I love the car!
Old 02-15-11, 01:59 PM
Mkml63
Rookie

Got my 450 back from the dealer after 2 days. It's still rattling, but better, no more squeaking, the rattle has moved towards the center of the dash now. Will schedule another visit to the dealer. They removed and insulated the cowl, probably just needs a fine tuning of the insulation placement.
I must say that after driving the rx 350 for 2 days I am elated to have my 450h back. It's no illusion, the 450h is more refined in all aspects. With all the bad press on electric steering feel, i think the 450h has better steering than the 350 and I could only coax 17.1mpg from the 350, whereas I easily get 22.1 in the 450
Old 03-03-11, 07:20 AM
Mkml63
Rookie

Finally a cold day, so I took the 450 back for rattle in dashboard. Steve road with me again and as soon as we set off it was rattling like crazy. This past saturday it was so bad I seriously considered crashing it into a tree! He thinks it's coming from the outside so when we got back to the dealership he went out and pressed on the cowl and damned if it didn't squeak exactly like what we were hearing from the inside. Oh well, at least they know I'm not crazy and I hope that that is the sole culprit for the rattles from hell!
Old 03-05-11, 03:18 PM
billy44bo
Lexus Test Driver

So sorry for your noise but check your car before you drive off from the dealer. If there clean up department can not clean the black interior that got filthy on their car what are they going to over look on yours?
Old 03-05-11, 07:47 PM
Mkml63
Rookie

Originally Posted by billy44bo
So sorry for your noise but check your car before you drive off from the dealer. If there clean up department can not clean the black interior that got filthy on their car what are they going to over look on yours?
My 450's colors are exactly like yours inside and out, no way I can miss a stain in it
They are keeping the car over the weekend, to make sure what they did works.

Can you believe I got the same loaner again?! I wiped down the seats last time with a baby wipe so the seats were ok this time, but today I had to take my son to cello practice and when I opened the rear hatch it was all dog hair.....white dog hair on black carpet!!
Old 03-06-11, 11:41 AM
Mkml63
Rookie

and the loaner rattles as well........hahahahaha
Old 03-06-11, 03:44 PM
billy44bo
Lexus Test Driver

Like I said if they do do clean up their car what are they going to do for yours. I am so mad at the dealership service department that I will never take my car back to them again it will be a another local Toyota dealer or I will drive the 160 miles to New Orleans to a Lexus store to fix it but not the bozos here.
Old 03-06-11, 05:17 PM
Mkml63
Rookie

Originally Posted by billy44bo
Like I said if they do do clean up their car what are they going to do for yours. I am so mad at the dealership service department that I will never take my car back to them again it will be a another local Toyota dealer or I will drive the 160 miles to New Orleans to a Lexus store to fix it but not the bozos here.
What did they do to upset you so much? Sorry that happened to you. Did you try contacting Lexus directly about your poor service?
Old 03-06-11, 06:37 PM
billy44bo
Lexus Test Driver

Call them and they never got back with me, however placed it on their facebook page and they called back in two hours. So if you ever have a problem that you must talk to them put it out on facebook and you will get an answers fast.
Old 03-07-11, 08:10 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

what's the link to lexus facebook?
Old 03-08-11, 03:14 AM
DunWkg
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Stormforge
what's the link to lexus facebook?
Are you asking about Billy's local dealer's Facebook or corporate Lexus Facebook?

Here's USA corporate. http://http://www.facebook.com/lexus?sk=wall
Old 03-08-11, 03:54 PM
billy44bo
Lexus Test Driver

I do not give a rip about my local dealer that is were the problem was. However, if you have a problem that the dealer can not or will not fix go to corporate facebook page and make some noise they will get to you fast to make sure you do not keep all the noise going. Lexus is in a close race with MB and they do not want to lose it. They want us all to be happy owns who will tell our friends about how good a car we have.

Quick Reply: Squeaks and rattles in dash