Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the GS450H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the GS450H. Please use the main 3GS forum for discussion about shared components with other third generation GS models.

Member pleading for help, GS450h Trac off

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-19, 11:31 PM
jasir
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ABS Wire

Originally Posted by Jaff
Hello,
I would appreciate any help of letting me know how to turn of the already too aggressive traction on my beloved Lexus 2007 GS450h. I love the car, but the traction control is driving me of the roof! Even when i use the trac off button it just goes back on when it detects spin. I don't mind any method possible to do it, even if extreme. I tried searching, dealer, and came up with null. I tried the old method for the older GS430's but no luck. Is there anyway?

All the best,
Jaff
So my GS 450h, '07, went for a bearing replacement last week. The new bearing installed did not have a working sensor, die to which the car disabled the TRC, VSC, ABS etc. So I think if the ABS wire is disconnected from behind the wheel, wire with jack connected to back of bearing, everything should be disabled. I haven't tried it on my own though, so try at your own risk.
Old 06-17-19, 11:53 PM
jasir
Driver School Candidate

Default Yessss it worked!!!

Originally Posted by Xenith
as the title says u need to put it into mantance mode but do so at owen risk as me manual says not for every day driving .

So it is a peddle dance
get in car turn on ign ( push power bottom twice with out for on brake)
while in park press gas peddle twice
then while in Neutral again press gas peddle twice
then back to park and press gas peddle twice
and last step is to start to car by holding the brake down and pushing the POWER button

have fun but at ur own risk
Worked. Best part is, only the VSC and TRC turn off. ABS and all other safety features still remain on! One thing to keep in mind while preforming this is that the car should be on a level surface, otherwise when you shift into neutral, it will start rolling. Happy GS drifting!
Old 06-18-19, 05:55 AM
rryba
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jasir
Worked. Best part is, only the VSC and TRC turn off. ABS and all other safety features still remain on! One thing to keep in mind while preforming this is that the car should be on a level surface, otherwise when you shift into neutral, it will start rolling. Happy GS drifting!
Do you have any videos ?
Old 06-18-19, 05:39 PM
Lwerewolf
Racer

Received 252 Likes on 190 Posts

No need for videos, plenty of confirmations. The car feels a bit short on power in it, though. There is another way, I just don't know it yet...
Old 11-08-19, 04:26 AM
jasir
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by rryba
Do you have any videos ?
Okay so I tried drifting with maintenance mode, however the powerloss was MAGNIFICENT. The wheels did not want to spin at all, no matter how hard I tried. Also, I tried taking out the ABS fuse. Yes, the TRC and VSC disabled, however, my car lost a lot of brake pressure, almost as if it had no brakes at all. Still looking for a realiable method to only turn the VSC and TRC off. Help please!
Old 11-13-19, 07:39 PM
Xenith
Driver

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Loss of brakes

Okay so I tried drifting with maintenance mode, however the powerloss was MAGNIFICENT. The wheels did not want to spin at all, no matter how hard I tried. Also, I tried taking out the ABS fuse. Yes, the TRC and VSC disabled, however, my car lost a lot of brake pressure, almost as if it had no brakes at all. Still looking for a realiable method to only turn the VSC and TRC off. Help please!

When i pulled the abs and abs 2 fuses the brakes worked fine for me and there was no loss of power
Old 02-14-21, 07:30 AM
Xenith
Driver

Default Found another way

Spoiler

I tried the fuse pull method again works fine for me no brake or power loss .
anyway well heres another way i found
i removed the yellow wire (removed for testing idea you could put a switch here to temp break it ) with blue (may of been silver) dots from the LH wire joint box (theres two side by side), card number 37 which powers the TRC control ( while this is disconnected also have no cruise ,afs or vgrs) car drives fine gets way sideways even in the dry in sealed road

Behind the glove box , bolted just under the vent RHD

in this pic the yellow wire has already been removed . The pic is just to show the card 37 were the wire can be found.
I would cut this wire and fit a switch on dash

Last edited by Xenith; 04-05-21 at 07:11 PM.
Old 02-15-21, 01:04 AM
Lwerewolf
Racer

Received 252 Likes on 190 Posts

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...rid-power.html

Put the car in S so that the engine doesn't auto shut off. Brakes act "funny" right as you come to a complete stop. Wouldn't use it in public for obvious reasons.
The following users liked this post:
hybridguru (09-26-21)
Old 04-01-21, 08:14 AM
madisongor
Driver School Candidate

I tried the fuse pull method again works fine for me no brake or power loss .
anyway well heres another way i found
i removed the yellow wire (removed for testing idea you could put a switch here to temp break it ) with blue (may of been silver) dots from the LH wire joint box (theres two side by side), card number 37 which powers the TRC control ( while this is disconnected also have no cruise ,afs or vgrs) car drives fine gets way sideways even in the dry in sealed road

Behind the glove box , bolted just under the vent RHD

I would cut this wire and fit a switch on dash
are you refering to the orange wire next to the green one ? As i dont see a yellow wire with blue dots on the 37 adapter. Or the whole adapter must be removed to fully get rid of the Trc system ?
Old 04-05-21, 07:09 PM
Xenith
Driver

Default ​​​​​​​yellow wire

Originally Posted by madisongor
are you refering to the orange wire next to the green one ? As i dont see a yellow wire with blue dots on the 37 adapter. Or the whole adapter must be removed to fully get rid of the Trc system ?

in that pic the yellow wire has already been removed . The pic was just to show the card 37 were the wire could be found
Old 08-03-21, 08:20 PM
petershen
Pit Crew

Received 66 Likes on 41 Posts

in that pic the yellow wire has already been removed . The pic was just to show the card 37 were the wire could be found
Did you manage to put a switch to toggle the wire?
Old 08-05-21, 02:58 PM
Xenith
Driver

Default Not as yet

Not as yet i jave just left it unpluged for now car still drives like normal just no cruse control or trac control as far as i can tell thats all that is affected
The following users liked this post:
petershen (08-05-21)
Old 08-05-21, 07:46 PM
petershen
Pit Crew

Received 66 Likes on 41 Posts

Not as yet i jave just left it unpluged for now car still drives like normal just no cruse control or trac control as far as i can tell thats all that is affected
How does it feel like driving long term with the no TC or VGRS? Does the steering feel OK? Any weirdness with the brakes? I'm very curious
Old 07-17-22, 05:43 AM
Xenith
Driver

Originally Posted by petershen
How does it feel like driving long term with the no TC or VGRS? Does the steering feel OK? Any weirdness with the brakes? I'm very curious
still driving like this now and I love it can spin the wheels when ever I won't. No effect on steering
Old 12-20-22, 07:13 PM
DJbigbody8
1st Gear

Default Help with abs fuse

pull the ABS MAIN and the ABS MAIN 2 fuses

Watch "gs450h at the drags" on YouTube https://youtu.be/92u-vxPHHis

I’m tryna pull the fuses and iss hella junction blocks in front of em, anyone know how to get passed em