Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX400H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the RX400H. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other second generation RX models.

Prestigious Society vs Beat Sonic vs Coastal

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-11, 11:29 AM
juniorz
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Prestigious Society vs Beat Sonic vs Coastal

Does anyone have any pros and cons they would like to share on the following devices. I am looking at getting one for my 08 400h.

I would like full time dvd, phone and nav use and ipod browsing.

Thanks
Mike
Old 04-18-11, 04:53 PM
sswrx400h
Driver School Candidate

I personally have the prestigious society navigation bypass in my 400h and it is amazing. The only cons are that it does not have video/audio outputs so you can't connect additional screens except for the factory navigation and rear entertainment system, but i believe they are in midst of creating a module for that right now.
The reason why I had to get the prestigious society kit is because I have a rear entertainment system and Mark Levinson audio, which lockpick will not work with. The lockpick I believe also offers audio and video outputs as a friend of mine who also has headrest dvd's, has them connected to the front navigation of his rx 350.
In regards to the ipod browsing, you will have to put in an ipod integration kit which is a separate module.
Old 04-18-11, 10:03 PM
mctufts
Rookie

Have you checked out this thread yet?

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/hyb...-override.html

In it, the Beat Sonic DVD/Nav/Phone bypass module is discussed. They sell two modules either separately or together; one for DVD/Phone Bypass and one for Navigation bypass. I also have a brief DIY with pics of my Beat Sonic install. I only installed the DVD Bypass module which I believe also does Phone. As you can see reading the thread, the install was pretty simple as it is plug and play. The only extra thing you have to do is connect one wire to ground, which can be done by screwing in one of the navigation unit's bolts over the ground wire when putting the Navigation unit back in.

I went with this option because it is cheaper than the Prestigious Society module and the Lockpick, although as mentioned, it does not add any audio/video inputs to your Nav. In any case, it works as advertised as I can have video playback while driving and access my phone book.

Let me know if you have questions!
Old 04-19-11, 10:07 PM
juniorz
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the input, I went with the Prestigious Society and got it installed. It works great just like mentioned.
Some wierd issues with the vais tech ipod device but its not related to the PS device.

Thanks
Mike