Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX450H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the RX450H. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other third generation RX models.

happy new owner

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-11, 08:43 PM
KingStyles
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default happy new owner

I am a happy new owner of a 2010 rx450h awd. I an really enjoying this vehicle and how quiet and smooth it is. I have been driving a couple of cadiallac escalade ext for the past 7 years. Compared to the escaldes, this is more comfortable with better features than my much more expensive previous vehicles. Also the perfectly smooth transition through the gears and the absence of rattles is much needed peace. Not to mention the gas mileage. I typically filled up the 33 gallon gas tank 2 - 3 times a week. I just went 6 days without filling up my lexus. Awesome.

Not to mention it was a certified preowned with only 12k on it which allows for all the break in to be done and I also get a 6yr/125k warranty. The dealership treated me like a king and it was the easiest trade/buy I ever did. I look forward to not having to bring my truck into the overpriced dealership to have another problem fixed because an idiot light came on every 3 months aprox.

I do have a question or 2 though. On the hybrids, does it have an oil sensor to let you know when to change the oil? The engine isnt always running so it would seen that you cant base it off of miles.
Also, is there any way of having the fog lights on with out the headlights being on? I like driving with the fog and the drl on at the same time.

I always customize my vehicles and have already tinted my windows. I am going to order some 22 x 9 and probably a body kit by the end of the month. The only complaint I have is there is no lowering springs for the 450h out. I was shocked when I called carson toyota and he said there is no lowering springs for it. Very disappointed. There is a lot of wheel well gap there. Any body have any info on a release of lowering springs any time soon? He did say you could buy the coilover set for like $2k. That is more than I want to spend to lower it probably....
Old 09-08-11, 11:12 PM
RXSF

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

Congrats on the purchase! Be sure to post up some pics after you are done modding.

There is no oil sensor on the car, but you will get a maintenance reminds every 5K miles, and it will show up on the dash and the nav screen. It will say "Oil Maintenance Required" even though it doesnt necessarily mean you need an oil change. As the RX runs synthetic, it requires oil changes every 10K miles.

Not sure if you can have the fogs on all the time. Try turning the stalk to turn on the parking lights and see if that activates the fogs
Old 09-09-11, 05:24 AM
Cruiter
Pole Position

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

You have a pretty nice and very technically advanced vehicle. You should get to know it pretty well before doing any mods in the suspension though. So much of the way it rides and drives is computer controlled and programed to prevent skids etc., any mods to the suspension could have a very adverse effect. It's a whole lot different than the typical GM/Ford/Chrysler assembly line cars that can be easily modded.

Congratulations on your purchase. Stay around here and you'll find a lot of very helpful people who have mastered the technology. I've had mine for two years now and I'm still amazed when I drive it at all the advanced features that work so well.
Old 09-09-11, 08:32 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 168 Likes on 142 Posts

Welcome KingStyles to CL and congrats on the 450h.

I agree with Jim, give yourself some time before making major changes. Drive around a bit and get a sense of how it rides. I personally would not change anything. Then again, I have the sport package with a different suspension.

I don't believe the fogs will come on with the DRL or parking lights. Maybe that can be changed. As far as I know it hasn't been done. One person added LED strips to substitute for the DRLs. You might want to consider that instead.

The oil maintenance light does come on every 5K even though we now go 10K between oil changes. It can easily be reset if it comes on. There are instructions in here if you do a search.
Old 09-10-11, 05:21 PM
KingStyles
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for answering my questions. I live in washington so I never have to worry about going in deep snow or anything that I need the extra 2 inches of clearance. I like suv for the cargo room, hauling and bad weather. Lowering it just adds to the look but doesnt compromise what I need it for.
Old 09-22-11, 09:12 PM
grt62
Driver School Candidate

Enjoy the ride KingStyles! I also switched from a V8, and enjoy the improvement in mileage. One additional reason not to lower your RX is when you come upon roadkill. When we were coming home the other day, a large (dead) skunk was in the road. Traffic wouldn't allow us to go around it; a lower vehicle would have been a major mess!
Old 09-25-11, 09:13 PM
currybob
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

welcome to the board. Enjoy your car and lower if you want but why?? you can get better styling changes other ways.

Bob
Old 09-25-11, 11:50 PM
KingStyles
Driver School Candidate

I am not lowering it much. My new rims and tires which will go on it on teusday will raise the car about .75 inch. I am only going to lower the car by 1.5 inch max. The body of the car is going to be only .75 inch lower while the axle clearance will be .75 inch more. It will just remove excess wheel well space.
I have already tinted the windows and I am going to have the roof rails removed sometime this week. I am also going to order the lexus of japan front lip in the next couple of weeks. If you have other suggestions on making it look better I am all ears.
Old 09-26-11, 03:53 PM
RayP
Driver School Candidate

Looking forward to seeing it after you have it completed. Make sure you share some pictures as I am sure many would like to see it as well.
Old 09-27-11, 10:22 PM
KingStyles
Driver School Candidate

Well I thought I would post a couple of pictures. Sorry, I have a bad camera and it was dark out when I got home. So far I have my rims and tires, tint, and my calibers painted. I should get the roof bars off in the next couple of days and I should have the lowering springs in about 2 weeks. The ride quality is still great.

Old 10-06-11, 09:13 PM
KingStyles
Driver School Candidate

Just updating the pictures now that I have the roof bars off and it lowered. Really enjoying this suv and the ride is still really good.

Old 10-07-11, 04:36 AM
currybob
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what happened to the photos??
Old 10-10-11, 08:32 AM
RayP
Driver School Candidate

Looks great, nice job with the car.
Old 10-10-11, 08:40 AM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Received 162 Likes on 138 Posts

Just simply amazing.
Old 10-18-11, 07:09 AM
djkidkris
Driver

Kingstyles,

What lowering springs did you go with? I've only read about JDM applications but nothing here that is offered yet. I've looked into JDM but it seems like shipping from japan will be more that the springs themselves! Ride looks great! keep the mods and pics coming!

Quick Reply: happy new owner