Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the LS600h L model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the LS600h. Please use the main 4LS forum for discussion about shared components with other fourth generation LS models.

A True Lexus Enthusiast: Our Friend with an LS600HL from Hanover Germany.

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-12, 04:13 AM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

Received 150 Likes on 112 Posts

Yeah..Germany doesn't play around with safety. I wish we had guard rails running continuously down the median of our highways like Germany autobahns do. I will be there in Sept for a week and looking forward to getting on that. Autobahn! Nice car and keep us posted!!
Old 06-14-12, 05:34 AM
whitetooth
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CJITTY
Yeah..Germany doesn't play around with safety. I wish we had guard rails running continuously down the median of our highways like Germany autobahns do. I will be there in Sept for a week and looking forward to getting on that. Autobahn! Nice car and keep us posted!!
As the Autobahn has in general only a recommended speed limit of 130 km/h (speed is NOT unlimited), it make sense to be on the secure side.

In which region will you be in September? If it is around Hanover why not take a seat on my ottoman or experience 160 mph in a LS430. Perhaps we can rent a ISF and push that pedal down. Unfortunately I cannot offer a Bugatti with 400km/h limit.

Here is a link to the Hanover LexusOwnersClub meeting in 2012:
or Switzerland where the next meeting is also in September
Old 06-14-12, 09:06 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

she looks great. nice job, a lot of BS,,, but nice job none the less.
Old 06-14-12, 10:17 PM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by whitetooth
As the Autobahn has in general only a recommended speed limit of 130 km/h (speed is NOT unlimited), it make sense to be on the secure side.

In which region will you be in September? If it is around Hanover why not take a seat on my ottoman or experience 160 mph in a LS430. Perhaps we can rent a ISF and push that pedal down. Unfortunately I cannot offer a Bugatti with 400km/h limit.

Here is a link to the Hanover LexusOwnersClub meeting in 2012: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNR6Y7LFfCs
or Switzerland where the next meeting is also in September http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TryHPXKG-g
Sounds great, i will shoot you a PM when I am there. I need to see what my affordable rental options are. I will be in Frankfurt, Kassel, then head over to Amsterdam, over to Belgium, back to Kassel and Frankfurt again..all in 7 days lol...
Old 06-15-12, 11:55 AM
jre002
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello Whitetooth, I am in Stuttgart. Hopefully, I will have my GS sent over here soon, but there is a chance I might get an LS460 and send it here instead.

Since I am American living in Germany, I am lucky and can modify my cars without Tuev. We go through a similar process of inspection, but they normally don't care about what wheels or suspension we have.
Old 06-28-12, 09:44 AM
rayrays
Driver School Candidate

Good looking car, love the personalized plates too. Brougt my 430 here to Rotterdam, The Netherlands from California. Already drove it on the Autobaun at 120mph going to Bonn, Germany. So smooth and relaxing...
Old 06-28-12, 05:32 PM
verneyboy
Driver School Candidate

Default Instruction English

If you still require the instructions in English I have them send me an email
So I can attach them

Regards Vern
Old 07-24-12, 09:09 AM
jav@vossen
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by whitetooth
Believe it or not, now I own the licence to ride a LS600 with WALD parts and Vossen wheels!

It tooks more as 7 months to sort it out. The shipment from Japan to US and to Europe was a long journey. Murphy's law worked in really every step, started by the fact that my credit card was blocked just to protect me. Release procedure #1

German customs didn't believe that it is private. I subscribed a form and that was: Release procedure #2

WALD parts: My paint shop first damaged the front bumper and mounted it with the glued WALD apron and painted nearly the whole car in brown (there was scratches I wanted to be removed while it is at painter's)! Not bad, but the car was originally black, and, I like it in black. I'm NOT kidding! For sure, they painted it again and for sure free of charge. But the LS600 is neither an oldtimer with 20 layers over the years nor a piano which has such a lot by design. Oh my painter, the car is now unique in many cases.

I bought the WALD side skirts, tested it, and, removed it! The beautiful and classic LS600 is not made for such things,

Wheels: I was not sure whether riding on 22's or 24's is the right decision and what wheels comes with a certificate, a must have in old Germany.

I choosed VOSSEN 22's (22x9.5, offset 35 around) and Vredestein Sessanta 265/30/22. What do you think? Yes, it failed: The workshop installed 265/35/22 without telling me and now I know the sound of rubbing. Back to start, do it again and try harder I thought. Right, a second 150 miles trip to the workshop, and all is done.

Now needed, the licence for all. German TUEV please give it to me!!! No, they said, there are part numbers on the WALD body kit. Tell me the numbers and you get the licence to keep WALD on your car! Can't be true, really not, I talked to myself. The numbers are on the revers of the parts and they parts are, stop where are they? Do you know the answer? Murphy's law? Yes, Murphy's law, they are already glued, no chance to remove. I called the painter and got his answer. Is it on VIP Autosalon's invoice? No, it is not on it, my god!

To make a long story short, here are pictures of her. Height level set to high in photographer's shots.

Lowered with datasystem controller follows. I nstalled the controller hours ago. No need to say that changing the height is not working. Manual is in Japanese and I imported directly from Japan. Anybody out there and sends me the English version? PM please, PM please...

Can't wait to see it lowered.
Old 07-29-12, 02:24 AM
toddz
10th Gear

I do not see any Beer?
Old 08-20-12, 09:03 PM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

Whitetooth, any updates?? Would love to see what your car looks like lowered without staggered fitment. I could be doing the same. Are you sure your Vossens are 9.5" wide? I thought Vossen only offers 9" or 10.5"
Old 09-05-12, 06:45 AM
whitetooth
Pole Position

Originally Posted by CJITTY
Whitetooth, any updates?? Would love to see what your car looks like lowered without staggered fitment. I could be doing the same. Are you sure your Vossens are 9.5" wide? I thought Vossen only offers 9" or 10.5"
Here is the update with Datasystem Controller in L position and the WALD replacement grille. Wheels are Vredestein 265/30/22 and Vossen 9x22 all around:

Last edited by whitetooth; 09-05-12 at 06:51 AM.
Old 09-05-12, 08:36 AM
Lextrician
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

looks good almost night and day.
Old 09-05-12, 06:23 PM
SBlexus
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Great looking car, where did you order that grille from?
Old 09-05-12, 09:08 PM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Omg it's so shiney!! Hahaha it looks much better lowered. Someone should do 10.5 all around that would look stellar n a 600,( cough cough jitty buy my rear wheels cough cough) hahaha!!
Old 09-06-12, 05:08 AM
whitetooth
Pole Position

Originally Posted by SBlexus
Great looking car, where did you order that grille from?
I got it from WALD Japan via Tirefrog

Air-shipped is expensive but the car, too. The grille is fiber glass and not ABS. That's why I painted it black. It is not identical to stock grille and assembling is a challenge, plug'n'pray.

There are versions. Make sure you buy the one for radar waves if yours has it behind the logo.

Quick Reply: A True Lexus Enthusiast: Our Friend with an LS600HL from Hanover Germany.