Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the GS450H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the GS450H. Please use the main 3GS forum for discussion about shared components with other third generation GS models.

Hybrid Fail/Dealer Service clowning.

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-12, 06:32 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

matt, sorry to hear about the problems you have. hope all ends well!
Old 02-10-12, 09:17 AM
fpalella
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I live in the same area. I always have my car serviced at Lexus of Orland Park. I have never been treated so well at any dealership.I just had my car (mercury met. 07 GS 450h) in for an oil change and safety inspection. All they could come up with was the air filter and cabin filter. Both of which I will do myself. I have 63,000 miles on the car and love it more every day. Keep us up to date on how you make out. As a side note I am due for tires soon. Any suggestions? I am considering the Cont. Extreme Contact DWS due to price. Comments/Suggestions????
Old 02-10-12, 02:25 PM
Coolpop
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fpalella
As a side note I am due for tires soon. Any suggestions? I am considering the Cont. Extreme Contact DWS due to price. Comments/Suggestions????
I just put those tires on last month and absolutely love them. Smooth as silk, super quiet and a beast in the wet. Best tire I've ever had on any vehicle, hands down.
Old 02-11-12, 07:10 AM
fpalella
Driver School Candidate

I am currently using Bridgestone Potenza RE960 AS Pole Position. I really love these tires but they are way too expensive for me. The Continentals are almost $70.00 per tire less!!!!

Thanks for the input!!!
Old 02-11-12, 11:15 AM
bigblack06

Received 326 Likes on 223 Posts

I live in the same area. I always have my car serviced at Lexus of Orland Park. I have never been treated so well at any dealership.I just had my car (mercury met. 07 GS 450h) in for an oil change and safety inspection. All they could come up with was the air filter and cabin filter. Both of which I will do myself. I have 63,000 miles on the car and love it more every day. Keep us up to date on how you make out. As a side note I am due for tires soon. Any suggestions? I am considering the Cont. Extreme Contact DWS due to price. Comments/Suggestions????
I have Pirelli PZero Nero A/S they are good and price isnt bad, I will say I would go with the Conti DWS have heard nothing but good things.
Old 02-11-12, 11:19 AM
bigblack06

Received 326 Likes on 223 Posts

I am currently using Bridgestone Potenza RE960 AS Pole Position. I really love these tires but they are way too expensive for me. The Continentals are almost $70.00 per tire less!!!!

Thanks for the input!!!
I had these before RFT and they were good in corners but the ride was so uncomfortable it made me think my car was to blame, without the RFT my car has been the best driving car I have. ditch RFTs and either choose Pirelli or Conti.
Old 02-11-12, 04:27 PM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty

Received 74 Likes on 38 Posts

Thanks for the input!!!
DWS on the same car. Same area. Same drivers.

That's a Cayenne AWD and a AWD 300C I pass going up a hill.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=gZfOPu5OkLw
Old 02-14-12, 08:54 AM
fpalella
Driver School Candidate

What ever happened with the issue with your car? Did McGrath ever make good on it? Is your car OK now?
Old 02-14-12, 02:31 PM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty

What ever happened with the issue with your car? Did McGrath ever make good on it? Is your car OK now?
I don't think they made good on it....here is why.

They told me my calipers were seized. Both of them. Another Lexus mechanic told me I would have noticed and that both at the same time is unheard of. Also that car was in that same dealership weeks prior and I had asked for them to check the brakes and wear & tear parts and was given a "Good to go" 5-6 weeks later...I have seized calipers. Could happen. Cept the car sat most of those weeks because I was in Florida.

I asked to see the "bad" calipers... none to be found.

I had to get another manager involved to take care of the bill they were trying to hit me with. Since the original Service Writer was gone...conveniently.

Here is what I was told later by a friend in the business. They probably knew of the SSC... They knew they would get covered by Toyota for the Brakes. There was a good chance That I was just Joe-blow Lexus owner/Check writer not knowing of this internal SSC issued... as most of their clientele is. Double Dipping Daddy-Os!!!
My stuff is fixed...It most likely didn't need to be fixed but whatever.

End of Story.

I will not go to McGrath Lexus of Westmont for ANYTHING again.

Last edited by neurocity; 02-14-12 at 02:34 PM.
Old 02-19-12, 12:51 PM
fpalella
Driver School Candidate

Good for you! Try Orland Park. Like I said I have always had a good experience there. I just had an oil change and let them talk me into a safety inspection "free". I figured they would go over the car with a fine tooth comb and try to sell me everything they could possibly think of. They came back with a slightly dirty air filter and a dirty cabin air filter and that's it! I told that i wanted to wait until next oil change and they agreed. Nothing else!!! Give them a try!
Old 02-19-12, 12:55 PM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty

That cool.

I'll stick with Woodfield Lexus... I should have gone there in the first place.