Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the ES300h model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the ES300h. Please use the main 6ES forum for discussion about shared components with other sixth generation ES models.

What Color ES300h ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-12, 07:58 AM
sessionstu
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Living in South Florida I agree, white is the best choice. I went with silver. Black interior. Second best choice in my opinion. Silver shows off the lines on the side of the vehicle better than most colors.

The ship (Cetus Leader) my car is on went through the Panama Canal yesterday morning. Four more days to Jacksonville, Florida then a week wait while it clears customs and makes it down to Miami.

But who's counting the days...?
Old 10-27-12, 10:24 AM
Briano7
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sessionstu
Living in South Florida I agree, white is the best choice. I went with silver. Black interior. Second best choice in my opinion. Silver shows off the lines on the side of the vehicle better than most colors.

The ship (Cetus Leader) my car is on went through the Panama Canal yesterday morning. Four more days to Jacksonville, Florida then a week wait while it clears customs and makes it down to Miami.

But who's counting the days...?
I hope the hurricanes stay away.
Old 10-27-12, 11:33 AM
JerryKK
Driver

Originally Posted by jetman
There are a few colors for the ES that IMHO just don't look good on a luxury car (I won't mention them for risk of offending club members who might have purchased said color).

On the ES you can never go wrong with black, silver or grey. I think that black is the best, but is an absolute horror to keep clean (speaking from experience). Silver shows dirt less than most any other color and is a great choice, but I didn't like it as much as the black. I chose the Nebula Grey with the black interior as kind of a compromise. It's a great color choice for a great-looking vehicle.
I think everyone can read between your lines (which is OK - since variety is the spice of life and opinions are just that!). You like black, silver and grey; therefore, you don't like some of the other colors - probably some people don't like black, silver or grey but like blue, red and purple (which, fortunately, Lexus doesn't offer). I chose Silver with grey interior (silver and black would remind me too much of the Oakland Raiders - whom I don't like) because we have a 2007 IS 250 that is Nebula Grey (and didn't want two cars the same color)..
Old 10-27-12, 11:56 AM
MikeP
Advanced

Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by JerryKK
I think everyone can read between your lines (which is OK - since variety is the spice of life and opinions are just that!). You like black, silver and grey; therefore, you don't like some of the other colors - probably some people don't like black, silver or grey but like blue, red and purple (which, fortunately, Lexus doesn't offer). I chose Silver with grey interior (silver and black would remind me too much of the Oakland Raiders - whom I don't like) because we have a 2007 IS 250 that is Nebula Grey (and didn't want two cars the same color)..
I didn't think Nebula Gray was available until 2011 or 2012. And of course you realize the gray interior is totally black except for the seats. Silver with gray is also the color of the ESh I am waiting for. But you are correct, there is no best color except the one you like best.
Old 10-27-12, 12:30 PM
jetman
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's just that I think that certain types of vehicles look best in certain colors. For example, a luxury vehicle like the Lexus looks best in black, grey, or silver. I've seen Camaros in lime green, which I actually thought looked pretty cool for that car, but I couldn't imagine it in a Lexus.

To each his own, though. If you're happy with the color you chose, that's the only thing that should matter.
Old 10-27-12, 12:58 PM
uicandrew
Pole Position

The contrast that parchment has (black top half of dash and parchment lower half) is very BMW-esque. That's a reason why I got parchment vs grey. Black in the summertime concerns me.
Old 10-27-12, 01:21 PM
JerryKK
Driver

Originally Posted by MikeP
I didn't think Nebula Gray was available until 2011 or 2012. And of course you realize the gray interior is totally black except for the seats. Silver with gray is also the color of the ESh I am waiting for. But you are correct, there is no best color except the one you like best.
Actually my IS 250 is called smokey granite mica - but it's very similar to the Nebula Grey and since we had one dark color car my wife wanted the Silver Lining for our 300h - which is a good contrast between the two cars. What's funny is that she sold her 99 Camry and it was intended that I would stay in the IS 250 and she would drive the 300h. She started driving the IS and felt so comfortable in it that I am now "stuck" with the 300h (I am saying "stuck" sarcastically - because I really love this car).
Old 10-27-12, 01:44 PM
uicandrew
Pole Position

Shedding a tear for jerrykk. so u got the new car!

Lexus has changed the colors slightly and revised the names. The current deep sea mica used to be black sapphire pearl